CITV documentary

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: CITV documentary

Post by knightmaredave »

I forgot to mention Mike and Angelo, this is also on which is amazingly good to see, looking forward to sooty as well! Hopefully this wil proove a ratings hit for c s ***** tv as i know refer to it as
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:More details here - looks like both Knightmare episodes are from Series 7.
I'm wondering if the episodes in question will feature a certain Mr Thorne....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:I'm wondering if the episodes in question will feature a certain Mr Thorne....
I wondered that too!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

According to the 'Birthdays' tab, its Barry's birthday! Happy birthday Barry!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I will admit to experiencing sleepless enthusiasm for the Old Skool Weekend.
Canadanne wrote:
JamesA wrote:I'm wondering if the episodes in question will feature a certain Mr Thorne....
I wondered that too!
When I saw '1993', that was my first thought as well. Though those episodes may showcase dungeoneering at its best, for me they don't display Knightmare at its best. I'm sure many will happily disagree, which is fair enough.

As someone who has always found the anti-Fun House sentiments expressed by some Knightmare fans to be tiresome at best, it pleased me greatly to see that Fun House is juxtaposed with Knightmare on both days.

It's a great line-up for fans of Lee Pressman and Grant Cathro, who together wrote four of the programmes featured: Mike & Angelo, T-Bag, Spatz and The Tomorrow People ('90s remake). I'm concerned that the time slot for Spatz is only 20 minutes, as episodes were 5 minutes longer than that. If the Spatz episode is from 1992 then that means it will be from the third and final series which has seven episodes. On my website is a Spatz episode guide where you can find out more about them if you're curious. In one Series 3 episode, Dexter asks his mother to set the VCR for Huxley Pig - and look what's on after Spatz on the Sunday! There's another Series 3 episode that guest-stars David Harewood, who has recently made it big in Homeland, so that would be a good choice.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

This is just fantastic news, it will great to see old classics on TV again from T-Bag(OMG does anyone remember T-Bag)Finders Keepers(Epic show),Orginial Sooty Show,Rainbow, and of course Knightmare, WOW cant wait, hope there's enough room on the Sky Plus for this weekend :)

And in more good news,I saw a post from Challenge saying they are still working on Knightmare even though we probably thought it was all a bit dead in the water, the reason its taking time is because Challenge is now owned by a different company who used to own them so the rights to Knightmare ran out and they have to go through the whole process again of getting rights,setting up deals etc so apparently it takes time
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Lets hope a deal can be made very shortly! I know it will take time but good things comes to those who wait hey?!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

That's brilliant news! :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I hope the documentary and episode repeats are going to be advertised on the homepage at some point. If this ain't news, I don't know what is!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend and beyond

Post by Drassil »

Agreed. I hope that that meets with our Webmaster and Publisher's approvals. We can surely expect a surge in visitors (some from the media) to Knightmare.com over the next few weeks, and we want it to represent Knightmare and the fandom as well as possible. The coincidence of anniversaries, plus the cinematic return of Knightmare's godfather Tolkien to the limelight, makes this a very special Knightmare flag-waving opportunity that may never come again. If ever there were a time to get Knightmare.com looking its best, I would suggest that that time is now. :)

The latest exciting twist in the tale, according to CITV's recent press release, is that 'Additional episodes will also be available to view and rent online at http://www.itv.com/itvplayer for an exclusive period giving viewers the chance to re-live their favourite childhood programmes.' I think I may need to tape a cushion to my chin: my floor's getting a jaw groove.

Addendum 20/12/2012: Since any registered user is free to write articles for the website, I have submitted one on the 30th birthday goings-on - but whether or not they are also covered in the news fader is not for me to decide.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Looking forward to this. :) Knowing me though I'll forget all about it and just cower in shame for about three days. ;D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend and beyond

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:The latest exciting twist in the tale, according to CITV's recent press release, is that 'Additional episodes will also be available to view and rent online at http://www.itv.com/itvplayer for an exclusive period giving viewers the chance to re-live their favourite childhood programmes.'
Cooooool! I wonder if Knightmare is included in that. I also wonder if CITV showing these episodes has anything to do with why Challenge have been kept waiting?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I received an email from CITV themselves, to say that Knightmare will be shown on the 5th and 6th of January.

The episodes are series 7, episodes 14-15.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Thanks Alan. Wow cant wait to see Mr Thorne in action again! Clearing up the Sky+ as i speak! :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystara wrote:The episodes are series 7, episodes 14-15.
CITV schedule coordinator and self-confessed "gameshow geek" David Cooper picked the episodes to be shown! Very good choices, IMHO, with all the key elements of Knightmare - clue objects, spells and potions, riddles, spying on Lord Fear, various character interactions, the two scariest physical challenges (Corridor of Blades and Trial By Spikes), a truly great team and the most exciting series finale. :)