The homesick quest

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: The homesick quest

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I remember one team in series 4 being sent home because it was xmas. Merlin turned up and through them out. And seriously the eighties clothes are really being shown now! :o
I remember that too, I thought it was a bit harsh!  And yes, the clothes are starting to get very eighties - I think one girl was wearing a white shirt with huge red stars on it today... :o  ;) And the lack of hair straighteners is also apparent - but that's actually quite refreshing  :D
"You're in a room..." ;)
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Unlucky yes.  

But the show has to stop for Christmas so although they were unlucky there really wasn't anyway round it.  
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

It's no different from any of the other 7 series' where every dungeoneer's quest had to be cut short because of the end of the series (Christmas referred to or not!).

This is excepting series 7, of course, where Barry's team ended their quest right at the end of the series!

Excellent stuff.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: any teams ever kicked off KM?

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Going back to the reasons Tim Child would curtail teams, in the case of homesickness he refused to name the team and said that you couldn't recognise them on screen. If I remember rightly in Season 1 or 2 a team only took one item from the clue room and Treguard didn't inform them they could take two (which he did do for another team at some point, I'm sure). Perhaps Tim deliberately told them to take one so that they would enter losing status and be killed off very soon after?
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

You think? I thought it was the one in season 5 where Christopher turned into a goblin. ???
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

shadow6162 wrote:You think? I thought it was the one in season 5 where Christopher turned into a goblin. ???
I think Chris' quest was so farfetched it could only have occurred through leaving the team to their own devices. ;D I see what you mean, though - if it was Chris then Tim probably would have wanted them to go out with a bang to compensate for their early exit. Granted we the viewer only see so much of what was recorded but that affair seemed to drag out for a while, and if the production team had a homesick 12 year old I think they'd want to get them home ASAP rather than film multiple rooms for the sake of continuity.
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD