Knightmare Pointless V - Champion of Champions

The Knightmare edition of the BBC gameshow.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare Pointless V - Champion of Champions

Post by Eyeshield »

This will decide who becomes the Ultimate Knightmare Pointless Champion of 2011. The game will have four rounds:

Round 1: Everyone will give two answers. No one will be eliminated. Scores will be carried over to the next round.

Round 2: Everyone will give two answers. Whoever has the highest combined score from Rounds 1 and 2 will be eliminated.

Round 3: Everyone will give two answers. Whoever has the highest score from Round 3 will be eliminated.

Round 4: The Head-to-Head. The two surviving players will battle it out (best of 5 questions) to be crowned Ultimate Knightmare Pointless Champion.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare Pointless V - Champion of Champions

Post by Eyeshield »

Our four Knightmare Pointless champions are about to battle it out to be crowned the Ultimate Knightmare Pointless Champion of 2011. Just in case you didn't know, the four victorious players are...

Ross: He won the first game of Knightmare Pointless, and remains the only player to go on and win the jackpot final, earning himself a Knightmare badge in the process.

Rosey: Our second champion. I can personally vouch for the fact that Rosey has been exposed to extremely (and possibly dangerously) high levels of Knightmare radiation since she was 2 years old (that's 24 years' worth, by the way) so there's not much she hasn't absorbed!

Annie: Our third champion. It's obvious to me that Annie is crammed full of Knightmare know-how, so watch out for her!

Nick: Our fourth champion won a very closely fought game, and seems to be another Knightmare know-how sponge. I certainly wouldn't bet money on this game!

The game will begin as soon as all the answers are in.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Wow this will be a tough challenge and I should know; three of these guys have beaten me ;D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I may be the only player to win the jackpot but based on the performances of the others I'm probably the weakest player.
Should be great fun anyway. ;D
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I am going to kick this off on Saturday (November 26th) at the very latest (just chasing up a few results) so players - be prepared!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

The game is on. Who will emerge as the Ultimate Knightmare Pointless Champion of 2011 - Ross, Rosey, Annie or Nick? We'll soon know...

Players, as always, please bear these two little rules in mind at all times:

1. "Character" means any role that's been confirmed as having been played by a credited Knightmare actor, except uncredited, unnamed individual creatures/monsters.
2. The unbroadcast pilot episodes (from 1986/7) and Knightmare VR (from 2004) are not taken into account for any question.

Right, let's play Knightmare Pointless Champion of Champions!

ROUND 1

In the first round, each of you will give me two answers. If you give a wrong answer, you will score the maximum of 6 points. No one will be leaving us at the end of this round, but scores will be carried over to Round 2, so obscurity is still very much the name of the game.

We gave 6 people 100 seconds to name...

CHARACTERS AND NAMED INDIVIDUAL CREATURES FROM THE TV SHOW WHO ALSO APPEAR IN THE BOOKS

So that's any Knightmare character or named creature (e.g. Bob the Snapdragon) who makes at least one appearance in Dave Morris's Knightmare book series. They must have dialogue or at least take part in the action, not just be mentioned. This applies to the main story sections only, including Lord Fear’s Domain in its entirety, but NOT the pick-your-own-adventure quest sections from the first six books. Obviously, characters who have appeared in a main story AND a quest section do count, but characters who appear in quest sections only do not count!

This question is designed to be a little tougher than previous opening questions, as this is the Champions' Round, but even if you have never read a Knightmare book in your life, you should still be able to have a jolly good stab at this question as there are 27 correct answers on the list, so educated guesses may well pay off.

Ross was our first champion, so he is first to answer.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The Brollachan please.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Ross says Brollachan - let's see what that scores him...
pointless1.jpg
pointless1.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Brollachan makes an appearance in Lord Fear's Domain, rising out of a swamp of all places - weird! Ross scores 1 point.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

Rosey is next to answer, and we'll know what she decides to go for very soon.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Rosey says Sylvester Hands - let's see what that scores her...
pointless2p.jpg
pointless2p.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
Sylvester Hands is one of the main characters in Lord Fear's Domain, leading Paul and Lucy on their Knightmare journey after using a trans-dimensional chimney in their house. Rosey scores 2 points.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ROSEY
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

Annie is next to answer.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 26 Nov 2011, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Hmm, I can think of 21 characters that were definitely in the books (good job I read them earlier this year). I'll go for the eternally popular Fidjit.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Annie says Fidjit - let's see what that scores her...
pointless1.jpg
pointless1.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 3870 times
It's another Lord Fear's Domain character! Paul and Lucy have the unique experience of taking part in an exchange with Sylvester Hands and Fidjit at the same time, which is something that never would have happened on the TV show, obviously. Annie scores 1 point.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ROSEY
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ANNIE
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

Nick, it's over to you.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 26 Nov 2011, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
LexLuthor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LexLuthor »

Tough question. I'll try Morghanna, please.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Nick says Morghanna - let's see what that scores him...
pointless2p.jpg
pointless2p.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
:exclaim: CONTROVERSIAL ANSWER ALERT! :exclaim: A decision had to be made here about whether Morgana le Fay from The Sorcerer's Isle counts as the same character as Morghanna from Series 3... and our judges decided that yes, she does. So, Nick scores 2 points.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ROSEY
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ANNIE
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

NICK
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

We're at the end of the first pass, and there's not much in it - two players on 1, and two players on 2. We're going to come back down the line now, so Nick, please post your second answer.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 26 Nov 2011, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
LexLuthor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LexLuthor »

Fortunate. To be honest, I haven't read the story sections of the books since Year 9, so I'll admit I got a bit fortunate there. Can I be lucky again? Let's go for Malice, please.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Nick says Malice - let's see what that scores him...
pointlesswrong.jpg
Ooh, unlucky that time! Malice appears as the main villain at the climax of the choose-your-own-adventure section of Fortress of Assassins, but she does not appear in any of the main story sections. So, Nick scores 6 points.

ROSS
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ROSEY
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

ANNIE
Answer 1 - 1
Answer 2 - ?
TOTAL - ?

NICK
Answer 1 - 2
Answer 2 - 6
TOTAL - 8

Annie, when you're ready, your second answer please...
Last edited by Eyeshield on 26 Nov 2011, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.