Knightmare Audio Series: Series 1

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by Canadanne »

I've now caught up with the whole series so far, so here are some of the highlights for me:

~ Rosey's Gretel is hilarious! She captures her shrill annoying quality perfectly, whilst somehow making her quite lovable at the same time. All her scenes are very entertaining.

~ *Love* the rhyming recaps which are so faithful to the real thing! The scripts in general are brilliant - there are moments when it's hard to believe Tim Child isn't actually writing it. You can tell it's put together by devoted fans who know the programme inside out.

~ Jake in particular seems to be a master of voices, he absolutely nails a whole range of characters! You should seriously have your own impressions show!

~ Ross' Giant was excellent too, sounded just like Edmund Dehn.

~ Oooohhh, very nasty sound effect for Gumboil finishing off a dungeoneer!!

~ I LOLed at Treguard's typically bitchy "I'd like to say you did well, but then I'd be lying"! He was so funny in the early days and it comes across very well in the audio series.

~ I loved the bolshy chav team with poor abused Darren! Another favourite was the high-pitched Brummie advisor Lenny, he was great. *g*

~ Really enjoyed the climax of the winning quest. It was much better than the equivalent victory in the TV series!

In conclusion, I think this project captures the spirit of the show beautifully, and it's the next best thing to having new episodes to watch. I'm genuinely impressed, very grateful for your efforts, and I would highly recommend the audio series to everyone! Can't wait to hear the rest.

One thing I would say - personally I preferred the small WMA files that were nice and quick to download! The massive MP3s take much longer, which might put some people off, and I can't hear any noticeable improvement in sound quality (the original versions sounded fine to me). That's just me though. Is it maybe possible to provide both formats, so that people can choose?
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Thank you very much for your response and praise! It is very much appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the episodes that will be coming your way in the future. ;D
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 10 has now been released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com.

Enjoy ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Yaaaay! Have been looking forward to the next episode most impatiently. :)

"We'll look it up on Wikipedia when we get home", LOL!

I didn't see *that* death coming!

The Gretel scene was fun (though it's a shame if that's the last we'll hear of her).

Great job as always!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Great! Selena's team gels very well. Good work, everyone.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 11 is now available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com. Enjoy! :D
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Generally speaking, another very enjoyable episode, although I will admit to being bothered by a few niggles whilst listening to it, some of them to do with my own microphone-related issues, which are far too boring and complicated to go into here. Still, Tom's quest is everything I hoped it would be, and the Tom/Gumboil exchange is definitely the highlight of the episode for me. It's good to hear Andy's voice again, and enjoy the wonderful things it can do. And Ellie's "wrong side of the bed" bit is pure gold!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

At that's Episode 12 released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com
Please post your views! :D
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

A truly marvellous episode from start to finish. As a fan of Knightmare's fourth series, I do think the pact scene works well when slotted in to a quest such as Scott's, and those Bossy Natalie moments are excellent thanks to GeZ, so there's plenty to look forward to for next time.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Still downloading and enjoying these - thanks for putting so much effort into them! The Gumboil scene in the last episode was especially brilliant. Nice tie-in with Rosey's fanfic in the latest one. :)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 13 has now been released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com :D
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Episode 13 is, quite simply, stupendous! It has that late level 2 tension that I love so much, and I think the voice work and editing are top-notch. What I think works particularly well is that 10+ minute period at the end of level 1 and start of level 2 where they don't meet any characters - it's just the four team members pitted against the hostile and inhospitable environment of the Dungeon, with only Treguard to offer them help and reassurance, and he's making it perfectly clear that he'd just as well like to see the dungeoneer die horribly as get through the next chamber alive. This kind of situation, I think, was when Knightmare was at its best, and I think we do a bang-up job of paying homage to that here!
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

I love Treguard in these. He none stop talks about the team wasting life force and although the voice is off, what he says is perfect.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 14 available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com. ;D
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Marvellous. I think everything turned out pretty well - there's plenty of nice level 3/winning team homage in there, especially Medusa and the extended dwarf tunnel scene.