Knightmare survey

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare survey

Post by Canadanne »

Just for fun, a little survey to fill out if you feel so inclined. Provide as much detail as you like!

Year you first saw Knightmare?:
How old were you at the time?:
Favourite series?:
Least favourite series?:
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?:
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?:
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?:
Mogdred or Lord Fear?:
Skarkill or Lissard?:
Favourite character(s):
Least favourite character(s):
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?:
Favourite locations or challenges?:
Favourite team(s)?:
Least favourite team(s)?:
Favourite death(s)?:
Favourite series finale?:
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?:
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?:
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?:
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?:
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?:
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?:
Have you read the books?:
Have you played the board game?:
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?:
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?:
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?:
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare survey

Post by Eyeshield »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: 1987
How old were you at the time?: 4
Favourite series?: 2, 4
Least favourite series?: 8
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: Series 1-3
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: Like
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle
Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Lord Fear
Skarkill or Lissard?: Skarkill
Favourite character(s): Treguard, Merlin, Motley, Hordriss, Smirkenorff
Least favourite character(s): Gretel, Romahna
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Wall monsters, cavern wraiths
Favourite locations or challenges?: Combat Chess, Corridor of Blades, Block and Tackle, Play Your Cards Right
Favourite team(s)?: Julie (Series 7), Dickon, Helen, Alistair (Series 4)
Least favourite team(s)?: James (Series 3), Oliver (Series 8)
Favourite death(s)?: Helen (Series 4), Martin (Series 3)
Favourite series finale?: 6
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Yes, many times
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: No
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: No
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: No
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: Yes
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Yes, a great many
Have you read the books?: Yes, many times
Have you played the board game?: Yes, frequently
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: Yes, fan-made
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: Yes
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Yes, both
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: 1987. I actually watched the very first episode when it was aired on CITV - Monday afternoon, 7th September!

How old were you at the time?: 7

Favourite series?: 2

Least favourite series?: 8

Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: Series 1-3 opening. It's my mobile phone ringtone!

Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: Like. I felt they brought a new dimension to the game.

Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle. I felt he genuinely cared for the teams, whereas Majida was just plain annoying!

Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Close one to call, but I'll say Lord Fear seeing as I felt he brought a lot more to the programme.

Skarkill or Lissard?: Skarkill. He was more proactive in putting an end to team's quests, whereas the one occasion Lissard actually appeared in a team's quest and not in a spyglass sequence (Series 7 Team 7), he ended up cowardly backing away upon his true self being revealed.

Favourite character(s): Folly, Gumboil, Hordriss, Brother Mace, Sir Hugh De Witless, Ah Wok, Brother Strange, Snapper Jack

Least favourite character(s): Majida. Can't think of any others....

Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Pretty much everything in Series 1-7. After all, it was what Knightmare was supposed to do.

Favourite locations or challenges?: Frightknight Causeways, The Medusa Room, Narrow Ledge & Axe, Transporter Pad Puzzle, Play Your Cards Right

Favourite team(s)?: Barry (Series 7 Team 7), Matt (Series 6 Team 1), Martin (Series 3 Team 11), Mark (Series 2 Team 4), Ben (Series 7 Team 5)

Least favourite team(s)?: Akash (Series 2 Team 6), Scott (Series 3 Team 9), Nicky (Series 4 Team 3), Duncan (Series 5 Team 8), Naila (Series 7 Team 4)

Favourite death(s)?: Christopher (Series 2 Team 3), Sumaya (Series 6 Team 2), David (Series 1 Team 1), Simon (Series 4 Team 4), Christopher (Series 5 Team 7)

Favourite series finale?: Series 6. Purely for Lord Fear's "GOBLIN FODDER" after the end credits.

Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: At school, and of course with the RPG group.

Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: No, but if I ever get a pair of black cats I'm going to call them Mildred and Mogdred.

Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: Yes, me and a few friends from primary school applied for Series 6.

Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: Yes. But I ashamedly forgot to renew it when it expired.

Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: No. I didn't know about it until 2000.

Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Knightmare:RESURRECTION (fanfic) plus a few song parodies.

Have you read the books?: Yes. All of them.

Have you played the board game?: Yes. But it was many years ago.

Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: I played the C64 version when it was released and also clocked The Jackal's version in a single day.

Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: T-shirt (which I won on this forum's competition back in 2007) and a sticker plus signed Hugo Myatt pic as Treguard (which I won on Ebay earlier this year)

Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Yes - both versions. But neither of them compare to the original.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Can't remember. I'll go with 1991.

Six.

Favourite series?:
Probably series 7, although 6, 2, 3 and 8 are all strong contenders.

Least favourite series?:
4. It's far too repetitive.

Closing credits, series 5. Definitely.

Don't mind, really.

Pickle, although I have nothing against Majida actually.

Mogdred or Lord Fear?:
Lord Fear, for his sense of humour.

Skarkill or Lissard?:
Lissard, although after rewatching series 5 and 6 recently I have to admit Skarkill's not as bad as I thought.

Favourite character(s):
Motley, Fear, Mace, Melly.

Malice, Raptor, Scaramonger, Casper.

The life force! I didn't know what that walking skeleton was, since it was never explained, so it scared me as I thought it was a threat!

Dwarf Tunnels. Very creepy, expecially with sound effects and incidental music.

Favourite team(s)?:
Loads. Ben's (series 5, 6 and 7), Barry's, Leo's, Julie's, Daniel's...

Oliver's. They were an OK team, but a bit pointless.

Favourite death(s)?:
Simon sidestepping left, obviously. And most of the deaths in series 8 since they all happened in different ways!

The Troll in series 7, although Red Death in 6 was scary too!

Yes. It didn't go too well.

Yes, I have a toy Pooka, named Pook (really original, there). Also myself, of course.

Yes! After series 8, though, so didn't get anywhere.

No, to my eternal shame.

Yes! I was one of the few that did, and stuck with it until the very end.

Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?:
Fanfic, songs, video spoofs, a bit of fan art... yeah, done the lot.

Yes. Most of them, anyway.

No. I'd like to though.

Yep, although I can't say I'm particularly keen on any of them, even the official ones.

An unofficial T-shirt my mother made me, and a few back issues of The Quest.

Both. I'm currently watching one episode of Chevalier every lunchtime.
Last edited by Pooka on 27 Apr 2011, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

1987, right from day one.

Favourite series?:
2, slightly ahead of 3.

Least favourite series?:
Erm, probably 4, although I don't like any of the outdoor seasons.

Original sequence. Close call between the first and second versions of the music, I reckon the first just edges it. The third version is terrible.

Dislike.

Majida. But then I always thought two hosts for the series was a case of too-many-cooks.

Mogdred or Lord Fear?:
Lord F. No contest.

Skarkill or Lissard?:
Skarkill, although I quite like Lissard.

Favourite character(s):
Lord Fear.

Casper. *P-tui!*

The skull-hauntings in season 3.

Mainly rooms from the first three seasons. Stained glass window chamber was probably my favourite.

Favourite team(s)?:
Team 7 season 2. A good laugh, and remarkable over-achievers.

None I can think of.

Favourite death(s)?:
"Simon. Side-step to your left." BONG!

I don't think the series ever found a good way of handling end-of-season. Can't say I like any of them much.

Yes.

No.

No.

No. Probably should have been though.

No.

Oooooooh yes. Fanfic by the dustbin-load (and by dustbin-load, I mean that's where most of it probably belongs), written and produced a number of audio plays, created the FANSFAQ, and have run several KM websites.

Yes.

Yes. Still own my copy of it.

Yes. The official ones are all awful, but several of the fan-made ones are good work.

I have the "Enter, Stranger!" T-shirt that was made available a couple of years back.

Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?
Yes. Interesting experience, but neither of them are what I would call 'good' especially.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: 1987

How old were you at the time?: 6

Favourite series?: close tie between 5 and 6. KMs technology had reached a peak, just before everything went 90's plastic CGI. I've always thought the "Surrounds" forum was in an S5/S6 style realm. Granted, 20+ yrs on I'd LOVE a remake S3 style now that production techniques have caught up with the story telling. Doesn't matter which series is best. Series 3 *IS* classic Knightmare and how it should be remembered.

Least favourite series?: 4... The exact same quest over and over and over and ov.....

Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: The very 1st version. The 2nd was an edit and the 3rd/Final is a syncopated 4/4 time signature that doesn't sound right to me. Like the Drum track has been squashed into a suitcase and is trying to break back out.

Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: When scenes and rooms flowed sensibly then liked. Occasionally it got a bit weird though (Cpt Nemanor keeps the Dunwood in his cargo hold?!?)

Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle. Would've loved to slap Majida across the face and told her to SHUT THE HELL UP!

Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Fear.

Skarkill or Lissard?: Hmmmmm... *Thinks a moment* Skarkill. A good old fashioned villain without the Igor-ish-ness of Lissard

Favourite character(s): The riddler guards (Gumboil?) early on I think. Characters started to feel a little dumbed down as time went on after that.

Least favourite character(s): Casper the scouse talking key... *Growls* Would happily attack that little sod with an Angle Grinder if ever given the chance...

Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Level 3 in any of the 1st 3 series. You always knew that the team were on a knife edge between success or failure.

Favourite team(s)?: Hehehe... Purely out of sadism :- Akash and his 3 little maids... *Chuckles* Biggest train wreck of a quest there ever was. You could tell from miles away that Akash himself was a massive fan but the girls were clueless and simply followed along as a chance to get on TV.

Least favourite team(s)?: None specifically but Dungeoneers that asked "What should I do/say?" for EVERYTHING (including a simple request for their name) got very annoying. Having 3 advisors doesn't instantly make your own IQ 0!

Favourite death(s)?: The later Causeways deaths were quite good. The Dungeoneer actually having to "Act" a little rather than simply standing there while random graphics did the work.

Favourite series finale?: The Troll entering the AnteChamber. They were even careful enough to keep the massive hole in the floor in scenes immediately afterward.

Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: It was a regular playground feature back in primary school. I was lucky that several of my class were fans.

Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: hehehe.... No...

Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: Oh hell yeah! In 1994... *Sighs*

Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: No. Looking back, I often wish I had.

Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: Sorry, I didn't.

Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Long term player on "Surrounds" (RP Forum) and was involved with recording the 1st Audio play "Famous for Retreating" + 2 KMRPG projects (to my knowledge, sadly, never released).

Have you read the books?: All of them. Particularly the first few that had black covers.

Have you played the board game?: On occasion, when folks aren't rolling their eyeballs at my geekiness!

Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: The first Commodore/Speccy version (the best of them imho) and the Amiga "Dungeon Master" ripoff. Both of them nostalgic buys from Charity Shops. I've dabbled in the fan games though, I admit, I haven't played them all the way through.

Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: Beyond the books and games already mentioned, there isn't a massive amount. I do have an "Enter Stranger" T-Shirt that was won through this very forum.

Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: A couple of epsiodes via YouTube. Feels strange seeing the teams go back out the way they entered all the time.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: 1988, maybe 1987 - I can't remember for sure.

How old were you at the time?: 4 or 5.

Favourite series?: Hard to say, as my favourite elements are spread across different series. Probably Series 5 or 6 would be my overall favourite.

Least favourite series?: I'd have to say Series 4 for sheer repetitiveness (and the weeping doors...), but it does have its own good points.

Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: No real preference as I adore them all. I do particularly enjoy the closing theme music introduced in Series 6, though.

Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: I like the variety they added, but I'm also a fan of the original claustrophobic dungeon, so I think a decent balance of the two is required. (Series 7 did this quite well with the progression through the levels.)

Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle.

Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Lord Fear.

Skarkill or Lissard?: Skarkill probably edges it because he had a more varied role, but I like both characters.

Favourite character(s): Lord Fear, Snapper Jack, Cedric. And of course Treguard, though his personality wasn't very consistent from one series to the next.

Least favourite character(s): Even the weakest, most irritating characters tend to grow on me after a while... but I must admit I've yet to find any redeeming qualities in Fidjit.

Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: The Oracle of Confusion, the end of Series 3, Pookas, Lord Fear's deathglare.... lots of things! The scariness is part of what made it so memorable.

Favourite locations or challenges?: The original Level 2 clue room, the Corridor of Blades, the Crazed Heifer, Wolfenden, the Descender, the Caverns of Gore, Series 6-7 dwarf tunnels, Goth...

Favourite team(s)?: Off the top of my head, they would have to include Dickon's, Series 5 Ben's, most Series 6 teams (especially Matt, Ben and Sophia), Barry's and Nathan's. I'm less familiar with the first three series but I know there were some good ones back then as well.

Least favourite team(s)?: S3 James and Douglas, S4 Vicky, S5 Alex and Duncan, S7 Ben and S8 Mike and Becca spring to mind, for a variety of reasons including dullness, incompetence, tendency towards screaming hysteria, or just taking the piss a bit too much.

Favourite death(s)?: Skarkill's irons, the Blocker, "Two-nil, I think... nice one!", and any team who really deserved it - the nastier the better. ;)

Favourite series finale?: Series 5 for the humour at the end, Series 7 for the entertaining performance by Barry's team.

Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Nope. If there was any discussion of Knightmare at my school, I don't remember it.

Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: A squashy toy frog called Motley. I wanted to name a cat Pickle, but was overruled.

Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: No.

Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: Sadly not - I don't even recall seeing it advertised. Wish I had been, now.

Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: No, didn't know about it.

Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Yes - a fanvid, fanfic, song, handful of song parodies and other bits & pieces.

Have you read the books?: All but one, which I'll get round to soon.

Have you played the board game?: No.

Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: No.

Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: Alas not.

Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Yes, a bit of both. It's a shame only one episode was subtitled, so I couldn't entirely follow what was going on. The format seems to make it virtually impossible to fail a quest, which makes me wonder what the point was...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I think I might have seen some of season 1 or 2.
However, I remember (from re-watching it) season 3 being the first season that I actively watched.

I was 6 when series 3 was shown.

Favourite series?:

3. With 8 being a close second.
I liked the dungeon environment. Series 8 was a little too computery and didn't quite capture the atmosphere that series 3 had.

Least favourite series?:

It was too repetitive and had annoying outdoor sequences. I genuinely believe you can condense each episode in series 4 down to about 5 minutes of original and exciting material.

The original. It was darker, which I think worked well.

Dislike with a fiery passion.

I don't hate either assistant, but I don't think they were necessary or, really, added anything.

Mogdred or Lord Fear?:

Lord Fear

Skarkill or Lissard?:

Lissard. He had better chemistry with Lord Fear IMO.

Favourite character(s):

Lord Fear, Rothberry, Motley.

I don't think any of them were bad. I just think there were some that didn't make me laugh or say "wow". So I don't really have a least favourite.

I don't remember being particularly scared, except for the scary tension of a team coming close to a fall or death.

I liked everything about level 3 from series 1-3, particularly the mineshaft ride.

Favourite team(s)?:

Barry's

Sarah, Keeley, Helen and William (series 5)
I think they were slow in level 1. The production team had a few chances to bump them off, but the somehow they were kept on until level 3 where they were killed for an apparently unfair reason. It just feels like they were kept on due to necessity and then killed when the necessity disappeared.

Favourite death(s)?:

"Simon, sidestep to your left"

Bhal-Shebah

Yep, three people in particular spring to mind.

No

Yep :P

Honorary.

I was automatically subscribed, I think.

Yep :)

Only Forbidden Gate. Although I think I have another somewhere.

No :(

Yes. I've played the C64 version and most fan made games.

Yes, several tshirts, keyrings, stickers, photos

I have!
It's an interesting twist on Knightmare. But I prefer the hard-to-win game that might take several weeks to win.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I haven't answered all the questions, but have taken the opportunity to mention various things that I haven't revealed in previous posts.

Year you first saw Knightmare? My memories of it date from Mark's quest in 1988.
Favourite series? 3. Still such gripping television.
Least favourite series? When it comes to S7, I feel so strongly that I hesitate to call myself a Knightmare fan.
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music? S1-3 title sequence / S4-5 theme music.
Outdoor locations - like or dislike? S4 arrived not long after a holiday involving many castle visits, so the outdoor scenes greatly appealed. When watching KM nowadays I am more likely to skip a dwarf tunnel than an eyeshield sequence.
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)? Pickle. Though I appreciate Majida a little more than I used to, I still enjoy recollecting the time when, whilst watching KM with friends, two of us gave her the finger at exactly the same moment!
Mogdred or Lord Fear? Mogdred. Lord Fear never grabbed me in the same way, due to the fact that he was sedentary and isolated for his entire debut series.
Skarkill or Lissard? By a country light year, Skarkill.
Favourite character(s): Brother Mace, Young Grimwold, Middle Treguard.
Least favourite character(s): Lissard, Honesty Bartram, Late Treguard. Special mention to Aesandre as most disappointing character.
Favourite locations or challenges? Crazed Heifer, Level 3 Corridor of Blades.
Favourite team(s)? Neil's, all the 3-level S3 teams, Dickon's, Giles', Sophia's.
Least favourite team(s)? Sarah's.
Favourite death(s)? Ross'.
Have you read the books? At the time I met them with as much enthusiasm as the TV episodes (especially the first four), and they are certainly not forgotten.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: '88 If I recall aright. Possibly '87 though. Definately one of the 1st two series.
How old were you at the time?: 7 or 8
Favourite series?: All had their merits. 1-3 were the spookiest though I thought. I'll go with 3.
Least favourite series?: 4, but only because of the constant repitition which I've only just noticed
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: The original one.
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: I like this.
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle. Easily.
Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Both! Though Fear was funnier.
Skarkill or Lissard?: Both! Lovleyyyynessssss!
Favourite character(s): Mrs. Grimwold, Brother Mace, Merlin, Sidriss, Julius Scaramonger and Ah Wok to name but a lot. There's so many!
Least favourite character(s): Any of the 'sexy wimmin' who couldn't act.
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Catacombites and Cavern wights. The Mireman were rather creepy too.
Favourite locations or challenges?: The floor puzzles were always tense and the Medusa room was eerie.
Favourite team(s)?: Any of the ones who actually seemed to get the gist of the show and play along properly.
Least favourite team(s)?: The dizzy dames or the rude ones.
Favourite death(s)?: Sy-man! Side step t'yo' left!
Favourite series finale?: The ver un-lovely dragon Red Death!
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Just as a child I remember filming sommat with my pal, brother and dad.
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: Not yet.
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: Yus - not enough friends or interest taken - story of my life.
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: Sadly no.
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: No.
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Treguard - The Driving Instructor (comic) The Orb of Fury (film)
Have you read the books?: Yus. Though I never seemed to read the actual stories, only the game bits.
Have you played the board game?: There was a board game?
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: Yes, the official one. Never could get past the 2nd room.
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: Just the books.
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Non. - What? - No. - Oh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LexLuthor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LexLuthor »

Year you first saw Knightmare? 1987.
How old were you at the time? 6.
Favourite series? 2.
Least favourite series? 8.
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music? The original (Series 1-3).
Outdoor locations - like or dislike? Dislike.
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)? Not a fan of either to begin with, but while Pickle grew on me, Majida just made me angry.
Mogdred or Lord Fear? Mogdred, although watching later series with the benefit of age allows me to appreciate more of Lord Fear's amusing comments.
Skarkill or Lissard? Hard to say. I think Lissard just edges it because of how well he works with Lord Fear.
Favourite character(s): Having seen the show more recently, there is no character who makes me laugh more than Mrs. Grimwold. Other top characters include Mogdred, Treguard and Igneous.
Least favourite character(s): Gretel, Dooris and Romahna.
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)? Death of Team 8 of Series 2, Bomb Rooms.
Favourite locations or challenges? Bomb Rooms, Scorpion Chamber, that 4-Door (arch) room, Block and Tackle.
Favourite team(s)? Series 3, Team 11, purely because I was gutted when they didn't win.
Least favourite team(s)? Series 8, Team 4, because they loved themselves too much.
Favourite death(s)? Series 8, Team 4 because I hated them; Series 2, Team 8 because I have never forgotten it; Series 4, Team 1 because Mogdred was the killer; Series 6, Team 4 because of the cameo by the original Life Force, Series 8, Team 1 because they were the first to die in Level 1 since Series 5.
Favourite series finale? Series 3, since I still have the original, classic moment on a video cassette.
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives? Quite possibly.
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character? No.
Did you ever apply to be a contestant? No. I didn't know enough people whom I could trust not to deliberately guide me off an edge (I know, paranoid).
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club? No.
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s? No.
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)? No.
Have you read the books? All except Lord Fear's Domain, simply because I never saw it advertised on TV, so never knew it existed.
Have you played the board game? Yes. It rules.
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)? I played some interactive quests on this site, and I sucked.
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise? No.
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions? I saw an episode of the French one online.
Nightwisher
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Nightwisher »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: I *think* 1989.
How old were you at the time?: 5.
Favourite series?: Tough one really. At the moment its seven but that changes daily!
Least favourite series?: 8. Didn't like Lord Fear's new outfit *huff*
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: The new title sequence series six onwards. It was just more realistic to what the show was about.
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: I really loved the outdoor locations and the castles!
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Didn't like either but I would pick Pickle over Majida.
Mogdred or Lord Fear?: LORD FEAR!!!!!
Skarkill or Lissard?: Lissard.
Favourite character(s): Lord Fear, Sylvester Hands. I thought they were both hilarious in different ways.
Least favourite character(s): Majida, Folly (or Follie? Can't be arsed to check).
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Floating skulls, Pooka.
Favourite locations or challenges?: The journey into Marblehead, Sewers of Goth. The clue rooms were a favourite of mine and old Granitas (or Granitarse as I call him).
Favourite team(s)?: The team from the West Country (can't remember but I think it was in series 6 +). I loved how the guy wiped his hand on Sly's cloak. That guy was a good laugh and interacted with the characters quite a bit more than others did.
Least favourite team(s)?: The Welsh team who said "sidestep left" when they should have said right. Caused them to lose the game :P. Ah, it was funny really.
Favourite death(s)?: The Welsh team!
Favourite series finale?: 7. Again, I think it was 7. The red dragon coming to get them all but Lord Fear ended up being crushed by it.
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Yes *embarrassed* but only as a silly joke.
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: Nope, but that is a nice idea :P
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: No, didn't have many friends at the time!
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: No.
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: No but wish I had.
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Nope, but I may do.
Have you read the books?: No, but I'm thinking of purchasing them at some point.
Have you played the board game?: Na, I doubt I will be able to find it now :(
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: Nope.
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: I wish!
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Na.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: About 2006?
How old were you at the time?: 7 or 8.
Favourite series?: Series 5 and 6.
Least favourite series?: Series 1 and 8.
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: Intro series 1-5.
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: Like!
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle (my fanfic has a new character in it who has a crush on Pickle ^_^).
Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Duh?! Lord Fear!
Skarkill or Lissard?: Skarkill. Lisssssssssard was annoying.
Favourite character(s): Treguard, Pickle, Hordriss, Sidress, Motley, Mellisandre, Rothberry, Lord Fear, Skarkill and Brother Strange. (There might be more but I can't think of them XD).
Least favourite character(s): Gumboil, Gretel, Stilleta, Honesty Bartrum e.t.c.
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: None I think. Maybe when Lord Fear's eyes glowed red?
Favourite locations or challenges?: I liked Combat Chess, the Block and Tackle and the Corridor of Blades. Witchhaven was a nice place.
Favourite team(s)?: Barry's team (series 7)!
Least favourite team(s)?: Those Jewish boys from series 8. THEY WERE SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!
Favourite death(s)?: "Side-step to your left!" death. And it was funny whenever anyone fell off a causeway XD.
Favourite series finale?: Series 6. Lord Fear getting squashed by a dragon was epic =D.
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Yes I've played it with my sisters and cousins a couple of times.
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: Well on Ameba Pico I did call my dog Festus.
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: No I wasn't even born then.
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: Nope.
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: (>=() No!
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Yes I've done some fanart and I'm working on a fanfic.
Have you read the books?: No but I'd like to.
Have you played the board game?: No.
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: I've played a fanmade one on YouTube.
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: No.
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Yes they were both quite good.
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Year you first saw Knightmare?: I would guess 2004 or 2005.
How old were you at the time?: 11/12ish.
Favourite series?: Series 2 or 3
Least favourite series?: Series 8
Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: Series 1-3 Version
Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: On the whole, dislike
Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Pickle probably, although I don't mind Majida as much as others do
Mogdred or Lord Fear?: Sorry, I can't choose!
Skarkill or Lissard?: Umm, umm... Lissard... maybe... just.
Favourite character(s): Folly, Motley, Gumboil, Treguard, Merlin, Hordriss, Sidriss - to name but a few!
Least favourite character(s): Grimaldine, Fidjit and Gibbet never really did anything for me - not that I particularly dislike them though
Things that scared you the most as a kid (if applicable)?: Knightmare never really particularly scared me for some reason!
Favourite locations or challenges?: Corridor of Blades is exciting. I like the cavern range at the end of Level 2 in Series 3 and the Level 3 starting chamber from Series 1-3 (in its original form). I also quite like the causeways, although they were possibly a little over-used.
Favourite team(s)?: Julie from Series 7, Julian from Series 2 to name just a couple
Favourite death(s)?: Tony from Series 2, Helen from Series 4 to name just a couple
Favourite series finale?: Series 7 was epic!
Have you ever "played" Knightmare with friends or relatives?: Yes! Last year, myself Jake, my sister and a friend re-created it and filmed it and it was great fun. They died in Level 3 and we're doing it again a week on Saturday!
Have you ever named a pet or toy after a Knightmare character?: Urr, no.
Did you ever apply to be a contestant?: Sadly I wasn't born for most of Knightmare's airing. I certainly would've done if I could though.
Were you a member of the Knightmare Adventurers Club?: No - see above.
Did you subscribe to The Eye Shield fanzine in the 1990s?: I didn't know about Knightmare back then, but I've read the old issues and followed it recently
Have you ever created anything based on Knightmare (e.g. fanfic, fanart, songs, spoofs)?: Knightmare Audio Series!
Have you read the books?: The first three - I have the fourth and fifth and the last two are on order and will all be read soon!
Have you played the board game?: Quite a few times - Jake and I play every time he visits and it's currently 3-3.
Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: Yes, I played one by djoska a few years back and I think it was Drassil's that I played a few months ago.
Do you own any other Knightmare merchandise?: No
Have you watched the French and/or Spanish versions?: Yes, an episode of each on Youtube and I've done a commentary on each with Jake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Granitas Is Cute wrote:Have you played any KM computer games (official or fan-made)?: Yes, I played one by djoska a few years back and I think it was Drassil's that I played a few months ago.
I hope you enjoyed it... but I've never made one. :)