Miscellaneous YouTube clips

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KM actors in The Bill

Post by Canadanne »

Also, watch this clip from 3:10 to see Alec Westwood (Folly/Gibbet) having his palms read!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Miscellaneous YouTube clips

Post by Canadanne »

A few more clips of KM actors which I don't think have been posted before...

Fist of Fun illustrates what might have happened if Honesty Bartram had taken fashion tips from Motley. (There's also a deleted scene here.) In the immortal words of Mildread... "Don't you like my pie?!"

Erin Geraghty's showreel. Sadly no Mistress Goody clips!

A short film starring Audrey "Gretel" Jenkinson.
In an eerie foreshadowing of the latest KM Audio Series episode (unless of course you'd already seen this clip...), she can also be seen swimming in an episode of Take The High Road at 3:45.

News item about a public footpath which may or may not go through Bryan "Grimwold" McNerney's garden (as mentioned here). I'd have thought simply shouting "RAAAAAHHH!" would be enough to deter any passing ramblers - no need to resort to actual violence. Alternatively, has he thought about getting a "dog"...?

And finally, Edmund "Gumboil" Dehn now has a YouTube channel, with a recent - and may I say awesome - audition video.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Miscellaneous YouTube clips

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:Fist of Fun illustrates what might have happened if Honesty Bartram had taken fashion tips from Motley. (There's also a deleted scene here.) In the immortal words of Mildread... "Don't you like my pie?!"
First time I've seen Bill Cashmore in anything other than Knightmare, so thanks for sharing.
Canadanne wrote:Erin Geraghty's showreel. Sadly no Mistress Goody clips!
A shame, but it's good to see what else she has been in.
Canadanne wrote:A short film starring Audrey "Gretel" Jenkinson.
In an eerie foreshadowing of the latest KM Audio Series episode (unless of course you'd already seen this clip...), she can also be seen swimming in an episode of Take The High Road at 3:45.
The Take The High Road clip shows her sounding more Gretel-like, but I thought Horsehair was absolutely fantastic.... Brilliantly creepy.
Canadanne wrote:News item about a public footpath which may or may not go through Bryan "Grimwold" McNerney's garden (as mentioned here). I'd have thought simply shouting "RAAAAAHHH!" would be enough to deter any passing ramblers - no need to resort to actual violence. Alternatively, has he thought about getting a "dog"...?
If there's one thing I learned from this, it's that he had a far more prolific TV career post Knightmare. Who'd have known that he would become an accomplished TV historian? Although it does make me wonder if he's ever presented something on medieval castles and dungeons inhabited by ogres.
Canadanne wrote:And finally, Edmund "Gumboil" Dehn now has a YouTube channel, with a recent - and may I say awesome - audition video.
"No - request denied!" - sounds like what Gumboil would say if the dungeoneer didn't have a password!
I have to agree - superb dialect, although I'm wondering why he kept quiet about it on Facebook....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:"No - request denied!" - sounds like what Gumboil would say if the dungeoneer didn't have a password!
I have to agree - superb dialect, although I'm wondering why he kept quiet about it on Facebook....
He was great as a minion, but I can't help feeling he should have been a Fear-esque supervillain instead - he's so fabulously scary!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Oooh cool!!!! Thanks for these, just need to find him in something post 1994 now....
James Aukett
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Here's Edmund "Gumboil" Dehn doing some striking work in the wonderfully weird Cradle of Fear (2001):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGPRpTxTcU

If you care to watch the whole film (be warned, you may laugh and/or vomit yourself to death) you can see Edmund Dehn stealing the whole show as DI Pete Neilson, and you can hear him describing someone (Dr Ross) as a f***ing c***!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

My Glod, Cradle of Fear. I watched that because it's got Emily Booth in it. I forgot all about Edmund Dehn.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

One more Fist of Fun sketch - is this Lawrence Werber (Cedric) playing the first vicar? He's in this episode somewhere and I think that's him!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Thanks to another very recent upload (exactly a week ago to be precise!) Part 1 and Part 2 of that particular episode of Fist of Fun are now available for viewing on Youtube.... Having watched the entire episode as a result of that, I absolutely agree with you that Lawrence Werber did indeed play the first vicar during the "Vicar Audition" sketch (commences from 10:27 in Part 1), even if the credits have been cut out from the end of Part 2!

Interesting that he played more than one religious character during his acting career....

Also worth checking out is this summary which gives a detailed explanation of what happened throughout the episode.
James Aukett
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Some more clips I've found...

Zöe Loftin (Mellisandre) stars in this mini-series, aged about 13 and barely recognisable, alongside a 15-year-old Adam Woodyatt (Eastenders' Ian Beale). Her first appearance is at 2:28.

Samantha Perkins (Gundrada/Malice) in The Brittas Empire at 2:36.

And it turns out there's quite a lot of Bill Cashmore stuff on YouTube! Here he is...
-- as a policeman in the 1993 TV movie Dancing Queen (6:51), with Rik Mayall and Helena Bonham Carter.
-- as another policeman, arresting Ewan McGregor in a 1995 episode of Kavanagh QC (3:50).
-- making a further appearance in Brass Eye (2:23).
-- as the sinister agent Smith in a 1997 episode of Wycliffe (5:55). He appears again at 2:45 in the final part.
-- and as a patient in a 1998 episode of Casualty (4:31 and 6:07).
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

David Learner (Pickle) as an Italian fire-eater, a few years after Knightmare. I never would have recognised him!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mary Miller (Lillith) as Cadfael's ex-girlfriend - quite a major role in this episode. Great to see some of her work outside of Knightmare.

Another KM actor appears in a Rik Mayall film - in this case Michael Cule (Brother Mace), playing Dawn French's husband at 23:45. (I was surprised to spot the late, great Gerard Kelly in this as well, in a menacing role not unlike his Brookside character!)

And I think this is Natasha Pope (Velda) making a brief appearance in Inspector Morse at 8:16.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Guy Standeven (Troll, Granitas etc) in Bergerac at 2:45. Weirdly he played a vicar at a funeral in Poirot as well! And speaking of Poirot, Mr Standeven makes a brief appearance with David Suchet at 20:56 in this programme. Some of his other film & TV work can also be found on YouTube, but he only tends to show up for a few seconds and doesn't always speak - seems like the Knightmare characters were some of his biggest roles!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Fun clip of Tom Karol (Olaf, Bumptious etc) doing a Russian accent in Tomorrow's World spoof Look Around You, starting at 3:54 and continued here at 4:10. :)

He can also be seen as a marine accident investigator in Wycliffe (8:48), and appearing briefly as a TV reporter in Dempsey and Makepeace (0:50).
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

A few more TV appearances by Alec Westwood (Folly/Gibbet):

- Dramarama (1988). Alec's character appears throughout the episode - from 3:34 until the ad break, then again at 18:18, and from 21:00 to the end.

- Lovejoy (1993). He plays a burglar at 3:42 - seems the Knightmare actors enjoy playing criminal types!

- Still Game (2006). Small sitcom role at 5:19 and 6:53.

- Cracked (2008). A very emotional performance as a depressed and suicidal father (may be upsetting if that's a sensitive subject for you). His scenes are at 2:24, 6:07, 7:57, 9:57, 13:18, 15:45, 15:58, 18:48 and 21:06.