Knightmare Audio Series: Series 1

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by Eyeshield »

Well done for producing another fantastic episode, everyone, and specially well done to the editorial genuis who spliced it all together so nicely - who could this mysterious mixer be? Kudos to Abdul and his advisors for making me laugh so much.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 5 has been released at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com - please listen, enjoy and if you can post some views :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This is definitely the funniest episode yet, and I don't think it will ever be out-funnied thanks to Mel and her team of bickering chavs - kudos must go to Rosey for creating them. (They're not entirely fictional, of course - you may sometimes be able to spot them hanging around outside your local secondary school after 3.30pm on weekdays.) I particularly enjoyed the two Grimwolds having a scene together - something that (criminally) only ever happened once on the original show, and must happen more in the audio series! Once again, thanks to all the cast for their voicework, and thanks to Ross for putting it together skilfully and patiently even in the face of my twelfth-hour nervous breakdown about something Igneous shouldn't have said (and now doesn't).
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 6 is now available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com - have a listen and post your views if you can :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Episode 6 is another great episode. Congratulations and thanks to everyone involved. Here are two things that struck me as working particularly well - Darren's frustration with his team-mates coming to a head at last, and the vocal and sound effects of the Giant scene.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 7 is available for listening at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This episode is exciting! :) The bridge scene came out really well, as did the fumbling about in the dark scene, and the sword fight. Thanks, Ross, for putting the episode together so skilfully and swiftly. Who couldn't resist coming back for the next episode after listening to this one? Bring it on!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 8 is now available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com ;D
GéZ
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GéZ »

I really enjoyed this episode, I was really glad to see Aden and co complete the quest, for the first time this series. I loved Cordelia's lot, they seemed like they were dim-witted school children (meaning the advisors not the actors) ;D I loved Luke's debut as Steven and Phil's as Glum, who I'm hoping to see (or rather hear) more of in future episodes. I think it was ironic that a very successful quest was followed by a quest that ended on Level 1. Fantastic episode, can't wait for Ellie's debut next episode (that way all 3 members of the Tumbleweed Crew would have been in the Knightmare Audio Series :P) and Becs's in the future.

I think overall this series is going great! I think it's funny how most of us (me, Ross, Greg, John, Lily*, Jacob, Ellie and Becs) were either born after Knightmare was finished or had never heard about it until recently, had got into the show and become part of this great series :)

*Although Lily was not in any episodes, she volunteered and still got into Knightmare only recently
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Here are the things that I think work well in Episode 8:

> It's good to hear a new voice (Phil Thompson) as Glum becuase it adds more vocal variety to the whole thing.
> The same is true of Luke, who is our most convincing team member yet (vocally) because he's really the right age to be one.
> The Medusa sound effect came out rather brilliantly.
> Gretel kisses the team members - great!
> Having the two extremes of how well (or not) a team can do contained in one episode is rather fun.

I'm giving my Performance of the Episode Oscar to GeZ as Tamsin. Also, I'm very annoyed with myself for saying "once more" twice so close together at the end!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 9 available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com. :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Brilliant! I'm really pleased with Episode 9, and I think Abby's team has turned out really well. Thanks to the team's vocal talents, I think this is the most engaging episode so far. Ellie's voice is a wonderful addition to the series, and I have no hesitation in awarding her my Performance of the Episode Oscar. Also, a special thumbs-up to the sound effects department (Ross)!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I just downloaded the first episode, and absolutely loved it! Will definitely be listening to the rest. Jake is *superb* as scenery-munching early series Treguard, ever teetering on the brink of total insanity - I was in stitches every time he spoke. ;D In fact all the characters were really well done, you can tell immediately who everyone's supposed to be. I enjoyed the advisors' delivery and bickering, too - the whole thing was very funny. Oh, and great use of sound effects. It really is just like watching the programme! Well done to all involved. :)
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thank you - feedback like this really does mean a lot to us! :) Please do come back and post your thoughts as you listen to the other episodes - we want to read them! I've been toning Treguard down a bit recently because I thought I was rather overdoing him at first, but hopefully you'll find that the scenery-munching is still there in earnest. I think it's generally agreed amongst us Audio Series Players that the writing, acting and editing all improve steadily after the first episode, so hopefully (and I really do hope so!) you'll enjoy it more and more as you listen through!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Thank you very much for your feedback - it really is appreciated! Good to know there are people out there listening and enjoying.

Yes, please do post feedback for the other episodes when you come to listen to them. :) The rest get even better, haha!