Has Hugo ever done a Collectormania or anything similar?

A place to discuss public real-life meetups.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Has Hugo ever done a Collectormania or anything similar?

Post by BBrooks »

With the last of the UK Collectormania's over now for this year. Does anyone know if Hugo has ever appeared at a Collectormania event or a convention of any kind? and if he hasn't do you think he should?

It would be cool if he did, as a lot of people remember KM and with it's ever growing list of followers on Facebook, he would go down very well.

It doesn't just have to be Hugo either. Imagine if Hugo, David Learner, Jackie Sawiris, Mark Knight, Cliff Barry, Michael Cule etc and Tim Child all came to London or Milton Keynes for a meet and greet. Signing 8x10 b/w Photos of their character's for us the fans and followed by a Q & A session with them. One can only dream. :) David Learner and Michael Cule are already veterans of the convention circuit thanks to their work on "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

It's certainly a possibility, if you want to see it happen then go on their official website and suggest it on the forum. http://www.collectormania.com/
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Has Hugo ever done a Collectormania or anything similar?

Post by JamesA »

I have never known any of the Knightmare actors to appear at a Collectormania (with the exception of David and Michael for the reasons you have pointed out) but agree that it's a fantastic idea.

I know for a fact that all the people you have mentioned are on Facebook in some form or another (bar Tim Child - though I know members of his family are) so it might be worth messaging them personally to see what their reaction to this would be. If you need any help on this, let me know and I'll be happy to assist.

Admittedly something like this would be great for 2012 (yes, I've been thinking about Knightmare's 25th anniversary already) but wouldn't mind if they made an appearance at next year's London or Milton Keynes events - especially as the London signings occur the weekend before my birthday.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Thanks for replying. I'd completely forgotten about the 25th Anniversary, it would be the perfect way to celebrate it.

I'm not on Facebook but over the weekend I'll be suggesting it on the "Showmaster's Online" forum in the "Guest Suggestions" thread. I suggest that more of us go on there, supporting this idea and then who knows.
I mean let's face it, if an obscure actor who played "Stormtrooper No.2" in A New Hope in 1977 can get signed up to appear at these events. Then Hugo and the rest certainly can. :)
If you need any help on this, let me know and I'll be happy to assist.
If you are willing and able to message them on Facebook, then that would be great. Thanks in advance.

There's many people that I'd like to see turn up;
Christopher Lambert
Adrian Paul (who appeared in this year's)
Michael Praed
Jason Connery
Tony Robinson
Miranda Richardson
Tim McInnerny and
Rowan Atkinson, to name but a few.
Here's hoping that 2011 and 2012's 25th Anniversary celebrations will happen.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Okay I've just posted the suggestion on the "Showmaster's Online" forum, you can read it by clicking the link below.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... opic=66521
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

I'm pleased to say that my suggestion for Hugo and the rest, is gaining a bit of momentum. I've certainly pleased some KM fans which are on there.

I'm still not getting my hopes completely up just yet, but if it gets a lot of support then the organizers might take notice.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well, it is good to get some interest at the very least.

Tis a fine idea, and one I hope sees the light of day 8)