Series 9 ideas...

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 9 ideas...

Post by Malefact »

I've come up with a couple of ideas, if anyone's interested. I think they could be good to try out.

Use Avatar technology to have snakes, scorpians, goblins, Skeletrons, Catacombites and Ariadne that could intelligently chase the dungeoneer, as opposed to filmed footage.

Have a face life force clock a la series 1-5 but created from the face of the dungeoneer playing. That would help emphasise that it was their own life force and would increase tension.

Have puzzle-locks for doors on the wall, operated manually. For example, a Tower Of Hanoi puzzle - the dungeoneer has to solve it to open the door before a Catacombite gets them, slowly clunking up the corridor!

I also had an idea for a final conflict scenario - for a quest involving rescuing a maid:

The dungeoneer's life force is getting critically low.

The main baddie appears and offers the dungeoneer a portal that leads back to Treguard's antechamber. If they refuse it, and press ahead with the rescue, they will not have sufficient energy to escape the dungeon.

The idea is that the dungeoneer sacrifices himself/herself to rescue the maid. Just as Treguard is about to dismiss the team, something magical happens and the dungeoneer is brought back to life and they win!

This is the kind of morality tale that will appease any critics that would otherwise worry about the horror element in the show.

What does everyone think?
Subject to change.
Trebor64
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 9 ideas...

Post by Trebor64 »

I think those ideas are great, especially the maid rescue finalie. I always liked it when the quest was to free the maid as it seemed much more heroic than having to rescue a sword, shield etc.
Whats in these cookies!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Reminds me a bit of one of the books where you had to either save Pickle or take a crystal key (your actual mission) - guess which one was the right one to take?
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

See, I knew I wouldn't be the only one to remember that. Posted it on a very similar thread, in fact - unless I'm just going mad.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I've never read that book. It sounds just like the sort of dilemma Barry and his team from series 7 had.
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

That's what you said before as well!
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I remember now - you said it in Chat on Sunday. I told you I would be a bit strange on the 23rd, happens all the time.

I found a "23p" sticker on my door the day after that, and was sent a Flash animation with the number 23 today. Help.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oo-er!  :o

Number 9....number 9....number 9....
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Another idea:

A winning quest could have a series 4-style final conflict (building up over a few rooms or so with a spectacular showdown!) and a series 5-style life force emergency when redeeming the quest object.
Subject to change.
lewis_martin

Post by lewis_martin »

I think series 9 should have an under-water section, something different. 8)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's a good idea!

Perhaps at some stage in the game the dungeoneer would have to swim underwater to get past some kind of obstacle.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

They could split it into the elements...
Earth - an underground level
Fire - a hell-like level (possibly the last and hardest)
Wind - Flying some sort of creature and having to dodge things? Pick up survivors on the tops of moutains?
Water - Underwater level
Wood - The forest level
Metal - the electricity/robot/machinery level

Comments?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's a good idea.

I had a similar idea a while back; instead of one dungeon, have several different worlds the dungeoneer could enter by chance at the start of the quest. There can be a dungeon quest (like in series 1-3), a forest quest (like series 4-6) that could sometimes also be tropical, maybe some kind of Ancient Egyptian quest, and a quasi-futuristic quest - metal/machinery as you said Emii.
Subject to change.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

all those ideas are cool keep them up
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi! Thanks. :)

I'd completely forgotten about this thread. It gives me an opportunity to present another idea. Sorry. ;D

For a series finale, Lord Fear could actually capture and take over Treguard's antechamber, cutting the team off from the Dungeoneer. The Dungeoneer would have to get some powerful magic, plus a way to get back to the antechamber - and since this would be happening in the final episode, there would only be a very limited time in which to do it. The Dungeoneer would make a surprise entry to the antechamber and get rid of Fear and save the day just in time for the end of the series. :)
Subject to change.