Dungeon Room paintings

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
DavidRowe
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Dungeon Room paintings

Post by DavidRowe »

You can check out the dungeon paintings that I did on my new web site. I finally got around to doing hi-res scans of them. I also have some of the Knightmare book covers that I did for corgi, and also the board game cover art work. I hope that you enjoy them.They were originally flat lit to allow the CG engineers scope to relight them in different ways.
Most of the rooms are in here save for a few that I will add later,
Cheers,
David Rowe

http://davidrowe.net
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Dungeon Room paintings

Post by Drassil »

Thank you so much, then and now, for all this fantastic and influential work - and for dropping by the forum. All the best with your website and current projects.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Thank you for these, they look fantastic. Your paintings set the tone of the all important early years for Knightmare.

Thank you for dropping by here in our little community.

PS..My favourite room was always the Cat Firebomb room. :)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Wow, thanks for uploading these David, they're really interesting! Nice to see the originals before they were altered by the production team.
You've done a great job with all the drawings on Knightmare - shame that cavern with three doors wasn't used on the programme because it looks quite atmospheric.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Marvellous paintings these, David. Thanks for bringing these to our attention, and I hope you'll pop in occasionally and spin a few yarns on your experiences working on KM. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd love to hear some tales.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing these paintings of the original rooms with us David, there Magnificent. Do you still keep in touch with Tim Child or any of the KM cast member's?

As Dark Comet mentioned, it would be great if you could become a regular on here, a Q&A session with you would be brilliant.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

David,

These are brilliant. Many thanks.
I'm only just back from a month of hell (3 conferences, and a thesis submission). But will try to update knightmare.com in the next day or so to point at these :)
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Dear David,

Thank you so much for alerting us to this great site and for all these wonderful, authentic images. It is equally great to recognize that Knightmare lives on as a proud memory for you.

These terrific paintings not only help to keep the memory alive, they also add a primary resource that is invaluable to this community determined not to let the legend fade into shadow.

All the very best to you.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Fantastic!

Really lovely to see the Knightmare rooms/locations in their full glory!

Love the Game art too!

Thanks so much for posing the link to your website!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I was only alerted to Mr Rowe's website a few days ago when the man himself commented on something I had written on Facebook.

Having a look at the Knightmare gallery, I can only admire the time and effort taken to produce such detailed paintings that would go on to help make Knightmare itself happen. As opposed to create a new topic on this, I decided to spend a bit of my own time and effort to see if a topic already existed on here, and lo and behold!

Perhaps it is a good thing to bump this topic in order to highlight the value of what lies within its content.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

JamesA wrote:I was only alerted to Mr Rowe's website a few days ago when the man himself commented on something I had written on Facebook.
[...]
Perhaps it is a good thing to bump this topic in order to highlight the value of what lies within its content.
Touché, my good man. This has been on the news column of the homepage for over five months. I know Facebook is a great dissemination tool, but I find it a bit strange when so many others learnt of this in the same way. Does nobody visit the homepage any more? Shame, because it's more active than it used to be.

On the other hand, this is useful because it draws attention to the lack of mailing list notification now when there are updates. Perhaps Mister Mystara might have an idea in mind, or a mailing list could be done manually (I love manual labour!).
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Yeah, the ol' corridor of doom is totally my desktop now - it's perfect! :D