Interesting 'Sarah Jane Adventures' news (Spoilers)

Discussions of the classic british sci-fi show.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Interesting 'Sarah Jane Adventures' news (Spoilers)

Post by Kieran »

Not strictly Doctor Who, but certianly closely related to it, I thought I'd share this bit of news in regards of 2 returnees coming up in Series 4 of the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Katy Manning, aka Jo Grant is the first, and the second is...Russel T Davies!

Read more here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... ures.shtml
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Interesting 'Sarah Jane Adventures' news (Spoilers)

Post by HStorm »

Katy Manning's really starting to look like Dolly Parton.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

For a terrible second there, I thought that RTD was returning in a starring role.

... I'll just let the mental image of that flow through your minds.

For those of you who haven't jammed cocktail sticks into your eyes, I shall say that this is pleasing news, although I will never be totally satisfied until they resurrect Ian Marter using foul magicks and convince him to reprise Harry Sullivan.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Andy, that is a highly entertaining post. As for the article, I had a good chuckle at the phrase "Russell's usual wit and warmth", knowing how RTD doesn't exactly enjoy universal popularity among fans. This also takes me back to something a fellow forum member said after Love & Monsters: 'I wonder why Russell T Davies couldn't have played the monster himself, he's about the right size for it, and I'm sure some of us would marvel at the sight of him being streched out and blown into smithereens....'

I'm glad that SJA itself is a returner. In my opinion, it doesn't need crossover guest stars but benefits massively from them. Hopefully I am not alone in enjoying SJA more than Torchwood overall.
Kieran wrote:Also, Reynar Burton (Skarkill and Julius Sacramonger), as well as co-creating the Rocky Horror Picture Show, was wed to Katy Manning, who was Third Doctor Jon Pertwees helper from 71-73.

So there :-)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Parts 1 and 2 of this adventure are due to be shown next week - the week of Matt Smith's birthday - and should both be on iPlayer by Tuesday evening.