(Possible offensiveness warning!) Does this remind you...

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

(Possible offensiveness warning!) Does this remind you...

Post by HStorm »

...of anyone from KM?

http://www.superdickery.com/propaganda/1.html

Ah Wok perhaps? Not the picture, so much as the attitude behind it.

DC Comics at least were mitigated by 1940's education and the demands of being at war with Japan. What was Broadsword's excuse, I wonder...? :-X
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:(Possible offensiveness warning!) Does this remind you...

Post by sozboz »

I think it's a slightly different attitude in that 'Ah Wok' is more a lazy pantomime stereotype than actually 'anti-' anything. I think Ah Wok is the absolute low point of Knightmare though, and is criminally stupid/naff.
Reminds of the scene in the film 'Dragon: the Bruce Lee story' where Bruce wigs out in the cinema when a similarly offensive character comes on screen.
Last edited by sozboz on 02 Jul 2007, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Fair point.

It's a hideous comic cover of course, but I suddenly have this image in my head of Treguard printing of pics of Lord Fear getting smacked in the gob, with the caption, "The Dungeon Master says you can bop the Opp!"

Or Lord Fear printing posters of Treguard getting his teeth kicked in with the caption, "The Technosorcerer says you can duff a Dungeon Master!"

That wouldn't be so bad. :)
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

HStorm wrote:
It's a hideous comic cover of course, but I suddenly have this image in my head of Treguard printing of pics of Lord Fear getting smacked in the gob, with the caption, "The Dungeon Master says you can bop the Opp!"

Or Lord Fear printing posters of Treguard getting his teeth kicked in with the caption, "The Technosorcerer says you can duff a Dungeon Master!"

That wouldn't be so bad. :)
That would be great! ;D
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Propaganda should abound in Knightmare.

Dungeoneer Julie from season 3 prints pix of a goblin hunting party getting flattened by the giant foot from Monty Python, above a slogan reading, "Now you can start nobblin' a goblin!"

Pickle prints pix of Fatilla getting b*tch-slapped, above a slogan reading, "Pickle says you can stun a hun!"

Fatilla prints pix of a dungeoneer getting smacked up, above a slogan reading, "Now you can blip and blop a horny dunger-thingie..." (cos he doesn't know how to make things rhyme).

Elita prints pix of a dungeoneer getting a knee in the happy department, above a slogan reading, "Elita says you can break a faceache!"

Skarkill prints pix of Elita getting shoved off a cliff, above a slogan reading, "Skarkill says you can hurt the health of a cavern elf!"

Lissard prints pix of a dungeoneer drowning in the Great Mire, above a slogan reading, "You can put the ssskidsssiesss on the kidsssiesssss."

Velda prints pix of anyone getting a slap, above a slogan that reads, "Velda says you can endanger a stranger!" Elves have such a cutting sense of humour an' all.

Gwendoline prints pix of Julius Scaramonger getting burned alive, above a slogan reading, "Now you can torture a poacher." (Well, it's very close for a virtual rhyme.)

Grimaldine prints pix... :o I'm worried. I've just realised I'm enjoying this...
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Count Brinkatore prints pix of Folly having his ear twisted, above a slogan reading, "Now you can be cruel to a fool."
Rising from the ashes once again....
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

That's the spirit!

Dungeoneer Stuart prints pix of Olaf getting something sharp shoved somwhere painful, above a slogan that reads, "Stuart says you can start spiking a viking!"
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

now that sounds wrong, or maybe it's my own sense of humour :P
Rising from the ashes once again....
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*Innocent look*

Brother Silence prints pix of Brother Mace getting whacked on the head with a hammer, under a slogan that reads, "Brother Silence says you can expire a friar!"

Gumboil prints pix of Cedric getting smacked around, above a slogan reading, "Gumboil says you can clunk a monk!"