HQ Video Clips

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

HQ Video Clips

Post by Fidjit »

Does anyone on the forum have any HQ video clips? I know I'm asking a lot but its because I want to see different clips of Knightmare. I've seen/heard every single one on the knightmare.com website and I was wondering if there was anymore somebody had to share.

When me and my mate get our DV working properly we will do a little bit of work ourselves

Thanks for looking,
Glenn
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re:HQ Video Clips

Post by Illusion »

I think there are a few on YouTube if you do a search.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Nah, I've checked there... They're rips of the clips on km.com, the s4t4death on there was terrible. The sound overtook the video
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

The People Versus Michael Cule

Post by Drassil »

How about this?

A clip of Michael Cule's appearance on The People Versus on 06/07/2001 has been added to YouTube. It's preceded by his appearance, some ten years earlier, in Episode 1 of Knightmare Series 5. Thanks go to Bother's Bar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g1fOJEFOEVg
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fury
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Fury »

Another clip that it's great to be able to see! Thanks, D. (And thanks, people at Bother's Bar, if you're reading.)
Dungeons don't kill people; advisors do.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

You're welcome. I was delighted to find it. I sent Michael Cule a message about it as well.

It's worth checking YouTube every so often for newly-added KM clips. This link will let you do that directly. The past fortnight alone has yielded:

Start of Series 3;
Team 1 of Series 3 death;
Team 3 of Series 3 death;
Team 5 of Series 3 death;
Grimaldine with Team 3 of Series 7 (relating to emuunlim's recent post here);
And among the CITV continuity clips, this one, which begins with KM's end credits from 15/12/89, showing Series 3's intestinal tunnel.

All of those are KM moments that weren't available to watch online before (i.e. weren't on knightmare.com).
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I was looking at the team 3 series 3 death and I couldn't work out where the hell he was supposed to go - it looked like there was nowhere else to go.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Next time you watch Martin's quest (Team 11) you'll notice that he enters exactly the same cave and heads down a barely visible pathway on the left hand side.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Joe Grocott-James wrote: I was looking at the team 3 series 3 death and I couldn't work out where the hell he was supposed to go - it looked like there was nowhere else to go.
The pool of light coming from the left-hand side indicates where the dungeoneer should go next. Having said that, I agree with Jake's comments in Issue 46 of The Eye Shield about the confusion and unfairness of Simon's situation. (Though I believe the team was in 'losing status' anyway, after not earning a spell from Merlin. Edit, 2009: My mistake; the team never met Merlin.) Julie, 7 quests later, had it easier in that area, as a gigantic toad was blocking off the mouth of the cave.

Eventually, KM reached the point where a special effect was there purely to make the quest look cool, not to muddle or jeopardise it. Which is no comfort to Simon and co. That's how I see it, anyway.
DJFairborne77
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DJFairborne77 »

There are some newish good quality clips on "YouTube", which all are from the final episode of Series 3. The 1st one (link below), is the start & end credits of the show, recorded from "Children's ITV" on 22nd December '89 & was from the Granada ITV region:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZPliREnH0

The 2nd one is also from CITV & was recorded on the same day, but is from a different ITV region - TSW. Notice how TSW cut-out early from the end credits, bypassing the Anglia logo & the final CITV link of the day, to go straight into an advert break. They did this often during Series 3, so they could fit in their daily birthdays' slot, called "Gus Honeybun's Magic Birthdays" instead. There's also a bit of CITV-continuity in this clip too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DDd2XgMlA

The final clip is the final 3 minutes of this episode, taken from Challenge?, some time in 2003. This is the better quality of the 3 clips, but shame about the big "Press Red" on-screen DOG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTVsjOfHWDM

Anyway, enjoy the clips & it's a reminder of how good Series 3 was. 18 years on & it's still great to watch now...
Last edited by DJFairborne77 on 04 Oct 2007, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you, and welcome back to the forum. I like your collection of Children's ITV YouTube videos.

Everyone with an interest in 'HQ clips' should be very grateful to GaryGarratt, who has given Knightmare's YouTube presence a colossal boost by adding over 76 clips, covering every Series 4 and Series 6 team, with even more clips said to be on the way.

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=GaryGarratt

Thank you very much, Gary.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Thats the motherload! It really makes a difference to watch these in the comfort of your own chair and time...

Thanks GaryGarratt, you have been regarded by us a great deal
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

These are AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much GaryGarratt!

(Does he visit here? If not I will post thanks on his youtube page).
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Good grief! He did update! Another three in a space of 17 hours

Impressive! :)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight