BBK

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

BBK

Post by KFan »

Are we to assume it's gone for good this time? :-\
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:BBK

Post by Fidjit »

Well, it seems to me this isn't really getting anywhere. The only thing I can hope is that someone can come up with a damn good RPG.

At one point I thought, "Why can't the KMDF do their own, series", but that of course is highly unlikely...

I'd love a DVD release too, people are probably screaming out for them. Tim Child can make a bombshell with that idea
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Amorya
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Amorya »

I'd like to film a Knightmare version someday. I have access to all the tech needed, except a blue room.

Maybe one day I'll actually get round to it!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

A blue room can still be a resort though... I've seen/heard more than enough dislikes over the KnightmareVR version.

Stick to basics and we can get it back on one day...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

KM Fan wrote: Are we to assume it's gone for good this time? :-\
Unfortunately, it isn't clear what you mean. The BBK website, the BBK campaign, Knightmare repeats on Challenge, Knightmare repeats anywhere, the prospect of new Knightmare, Hugo Myatt's beard, or something else? I'd be grateful if you could elaborate (though I doubt you will).
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Presumably the 'Bring Back Knightmare' website assuming this thread title is based on those initials and that the site is giving a 'Server Not Found' error message. Looking at the WHOIS info the domain name itself hasn't expired, though it's possible the hosting hasn't been renewed thus the domain points to a non-existent location.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Drassil wrote:
KM Fan wrote: Are we to assume it's gone for good this time? :-\
Unfortunately, it isn't clear what you mean. The BBK website, the BBK campaign, Knightmare repeats on Challenge, Knightmare repeats anywhere, the prospect of new Knightmare, Hugo Myatt's beard, or something else? I'd be grateful if you could elaborate (though I doubt you will).
As The Brollachan suggests, I was referring to the fact that BBK is down, and has been for some time. Despite a new series of Knightmare not looking hopeful anymore, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a bad thing to have kept the signatures anyway, and I bet several people in the KM community (including myself) would have been willing to host the signatures, if only for archive purposes.
Last edited by Anonymous on 23 Apr 2007, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Amorya wrote: I'd like to film a Knightmare version someday. I have access to all the tech needed, except a blue room.

Maybe one day I'll actually get round to it!
There's hours upon hours of material recorded for such a project (using blue screen technology), we just currently lack the technical department to be able produce it at the moment.

If you feel you can help with this please drop me a PM.

As for BBK, it's a shame that it is 'down', whether it is 'out' or not is another question. However, people anywhere and at any time can always start up petitions if they feel there's a need for it.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The Brollachan wrote: Presumably the 'Bring Back Knightmare' website assuming this thread title is based on those initials
I am aware that that was the most probable explanation, but I didn't want to be presumptive. After all, previous posters seemed to have interpreted KM Fan's question in varying ways.

The front page of the BBK website from last April is remembered here. Of course it would be possible for one or more of us to set up a new KM-related petition, but the significance of the Bring Back Knightmare petition is something which, in my opinion, could not be replicated. It is a piece of Knightmare community history.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

That's precisely what I was talking about, Drassil. I don't think anyone should begin a new Knightmare petition. But if BringBackKnightmare.co.uk isn't to be continued, the signatures could at least have been archived.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

When I moved server a few months back, I didn't bother to rehost the BBK site. All the files and signatures are in place, and it's a quick job to put it back up, buuuut.....

...I haven't. The main reason for this is that it simply wasn't generating enough signatures. By the time we removed spam there were around 1 or 2 petition entries per day and often these were duplicates.

The other reason for this was the television network response to Tim's attempt at a resurrection of Knightmare in a new form. While I agree with many peoples' comments that this didn't seem to be as well executed as it might have been - it's also quite clear that one way or another, the television networks are turning their backs on this style of show (for now).

With the latest petition being sent about a year ago, and with only 250 - 500 signatures being added since then, I also didn't see any particular reason to resend them (at enormous cost). If any network representatives really care they can not only see the site, but feel free to contact me :)

However.
I do suggest you continue to watch this space (specifically this forum). I've been working on something for a few months now which is mostly completed, and I think many of you will enjoy. It has so far been seen by a grand total of three people, but if their comments are anything to go by, it ought to be pretty good!

Alan Boyd
Mystara
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Damnit, I thought I had a cool title on these forums. Never mind.

Just to answer your question - all the signatures are archived - along with the comments, the web pages and administrative interface.

If people think it is particularly worth while putting back up, then I shall do so. I just see very little benefit in it.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I've seen the thing on which he has been working. As I said about 419273813 times, it looks cool so far. Very much so.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

:'(