Re:Online Knightmare test game

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
rovershagger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Online Knightmare test game

Post by rovershagger »

Hey this is my first post

two years ago I started to develop a knightmare game in Flash. However, like most things University work soon took over and it was soon forgot about. After recently rediscovering it on my computer when i was cleaning up some old work i came across it, so thought I would post it to see what you think about the concept of it.

I have tried to keep it in the style of a kind of oldschool RPG type game and tried to Incorporate that into the Knightmare style of game. It is quite different to the one that is on here at the minute that is done by dj oscar.

Please let me know your thoughts on this but remember it is only a very rough prototype that was created.

http://www.geocities.com/rovershagger/knighmare.swf

Thanx
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Welcome to the forum.

Nice presentation, but there are some faults, one of which has brought my game to a halt. When I take clue objects from the Hall of Folly, the exit portals don't seem to work. I just end up stuck in the room.
Last edited by HStorm on 09 Apr 2007, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hello. I think the game is fun so far, and hope that you'll get the chance to extend it. I like its old school feel, which reminds me a little of the Knightmare Teletext games of the early 90s.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
rovershagger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by rovershagger »

Yeah unfortunately that is as far as the game got, looking back there a few faults such as picking up clue objects that need debugging but I never managed to develop it any further.

If anyone is interested in a knightmare game of this sort, then I would be more than happy to create a game. Any ideas or dungeon chamber designs would be more than welcome. and would be incorporated into the project.

However, the one that i have put on the message board i feel is quite linear and doesnt feel like the labrynth I alswys imagined the dungeon to b, so somethin more maze like would probably be used so there is more than one way of completing the game.

Any thoughts or comments more than welcome.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I like what you've done so far, I got up to the room where Merlin used to reside.

It might be worth going through your spelling and grammar though, just as a suggestion.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
stu
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stu »

Started to play it, but could not get any further then the room with the chair in and the objects!

But good idea
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Pretty good fun! Looks nicer and is quicker than the old adventure game books (though they were fine)
Malice's loyal subject