Series 8 - Episode 1

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 8, Episode 1

Post by HStorm »

natnut wrote:series 1 team with poison too.! gift for lillith! hmm she was not impressed.
No team ever offered Lillith poison. The nearest I can remember to that is a team in season 2 mistaking a bottle of potion, which was meant as a gift for Lillith, for a bottle of poison and rejecting it. There was also a season 5 team who offered a bottle of poison to Gwendoline, but that was long after Lillith had left.
Last edited by HStorm on 16 Mar 2006, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

No team ever offered Lillith poison. The nearest I can remember to that is a team in season 2 mistaking a bottle of potion, which was meant as a gift for Lillith, for a bottle of poison and rejecting it. There was also a season 5 team who offered a bottle of poison to Gwendoline, but that was long after Lillith had left.

Thats what i meant, i have every episode on tape, so i know what im talking about but i was a bit tired when i posted this thread! Plus when i recorded this particular episode the tape chewed up and so i missed about 5/10 minutes of this one! :P
"Remember, play fair, or fear play foul, the game resumes on the witching hour."
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

yeah- the "humbugth" episode, which I found hilarious!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Green for a Girl, Black for a Boy!

Surely logic would mean take both!

Howvever, it's one thing to watch, and another to do.

Who knows, maybe they read went through the Knightmare Rules in the quest section of the books, and didn't take the blade because one of the rules states agression breeds agression!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

There is plenty of reasons not to take the blade.
They probably had the whole quest written out 'till death and psychologically knew the team would end up taking the poo-in-a-jar.
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

Treguard says:

Use the weapons and magic of your enemies with care

And as for Agression breeds Agression - that means if the dungeoneer were to shove the knife into Motley's head rather than hold it till handing it over
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Well, as this episode suggests I'm from the land of dunces. That is, Bracknell. Or as I like to somewhat appropriately call it, Chavnell. Kinda unsurprising how a team from here wound up as the first Level 1 death in a long time... :o

(Though that said, my brother and some friends had put together a team and IIRC applied for Season 9... had they got on, I'd have been surprised if they'd done a repeat performance...)

I've got to agree on the poster who disliked the opening sequence's (i.e. first scene w/ Treguard & Majida) lack of attention to "the watchers"; kinda detached the program from the viewers, which was something I'd enjoyed (I'm reminded of a scene where Pickle and Treguard talk about using the Spyglass, and mention "don't you ever feel like we're being watched?" before turning to the camera). Same with the banter at the end of each episode.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

yeah- that sort of thing really got you involved- especially when you were younger!

Treguards 'face' at the end of the episodes used to scare me a little.

Also, during the creation of my game, trying to find a few half-decent screen shots of treguards face without looking stoned or something was a challenge!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
chrysalis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by chrysalis »

nice looking advisors .

2 thoughts form me on this.

1 - I initially thought they were dumb to not take the dagger, but it is possible in a guide they had beforehand it advises against weapons which would indeed make you think twice.
2 - What was motleys use since when dungeoneers are accompanied they dont go through levels with them so even if the woman had cracked the code for them motley would have made no difference, so after this consideration I think the death was harsh considering level1, instead they should have beem made to go through extra rooms as punishment and given a chance.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

chrysalis wrote:What was motleys use since when dungeoneers are accompanied they dont go through levels with them so even if the woman had cracked the code for them motley would have made no difference
(It's not entirely clear what you mean by 'when dungeoneers are accompanied they dont go through levels with them' ???, though I'm guessing that your point is about characters never travelling with dungeoneers from one level to the next.)

This reminds me of Quest 4 of Series 6. If I recall correctly, Miniature Motley tells January that if she can get Sidriss to restore him to normal size, he'll give her the password. Then Sidriss offers either to restore Motley or give January the password!

In the case of Quest 1 of Series 8, I'd imagine that the reintroduction of Motley was considered more important than making him useful quest-wise. In a similar way, Level 1 of Quest 1 of Series 5 was more about introducing Series 5's new elements than providing an adequately challenging quest (there was no clue room, for example).

I wonder if Team 1 knows that the BBC showed a clip of their quest earlier this year...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

I loved the first teams death with bal sheba
ooooooooh nnnaaasty
treguars f
felt that pain!!!!
This is where they introduced another new death gong as well
very confusing
knightmaredave
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 8 - Episode 1

Post by Canadanne »

The first spyglass scene of this series is all very strange. I'm not sure why Lissard is so astonished by everything about Lord Fear's new tower, when he was there at the office party just a few minutes earlier! You'd think he would have made these observations already... :P

I know Joanne Heywood said she didn't remember Richard saying he was "just admiring your chest" (as he mentioned in his report on the website), but I reckon the shot of his advisors' reaction is taken from when he made that remark! (Angela makes a really startled face for no apparent reason and then cracks up, but all we hear Richard say is "I was just looking" which was probably him rephrasing it afterwards, haha.)

I love Treguard's funny giggle when Richard is searching the knapsack for the pigeon droppings ("They're in here somewhere!")
Billy wrote:Motley's back (hooray!) after a Series-long absence- don't know how he's heard of Stiletta, though.
That whole thing about Motley's reanimation is a continuity nightmare. If he's been a statue for the last 12 months, how can he have heard about Stiletta knowing all the rune lock combinations, when she's a new arrival and the locks are Lissard's new invention? How can he "remember" the way through a dungeon level that's completely changed since he was last awake? And how the frigging hell does he *know* it's been exactly 12 months since he was turned into a statue? He obviously wasn't aware of anything going on around him during that time, because he needs Richard to fill him in on the latest developments, and he was still in the middle of telling a joke when they unfroze him! (It gets even more complicated if you accept Stiletta's TQ interview as canon, too.) It's nice that they bothered to write an explanation for where Motley disappeared to in Series 7, but it would have been nicer if he didn't contradict himself several times in the space of one scene... :P
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 8 - Episode 1

Post by Morghanna »

Wow! 8-o We hadn't seen an opening episode like this since the awesome series 3. Series 8 was out of the trap like a prize greyhound.
Team 1 barely had time to get going before they met a fiery end. :(
After an encounter with Brother Strange they entered the level 1 clue-room. Sadly this was where it went wrong for them. The scroll indicated that they should take the pigeon droppings :exclaim:(presumably left by Rothberry) and the green dagger. Richard stated that these were the items which corresponded to the instructions on the scroll, but they talked themselves out of it and chose the key instead of the dagger. :( Heavy hinting from Treguard about the scroll didn't influence them. Pursued by a red dragon on the way out. 8-o
:idea: One of the advisors was against taking the dagger, thinking that you should never choose weapons, but i thought the adventurer's code actually stated that teams should not take weapons unless there were indications otherwise.
They made heavy going of the fireball room. ::)
In the next room they encountered a new character, Stiletta the warrior-thief, who had lost her green dagger. :( They tried to explain to her where they had seen it, but as they didn't have it for her she refused to help them and departed....
Use the pigeon droppings to de-petrify Motley. :) (how much he was missed in S7)
He took them to the next room, which contained a puzzle-locked trap door to level 2. When the red dragon approached, he fled leaving them to solve the puzzle. Without Stiletta they couldn't solve it. Enter the dragon and Richard woz toast. 8-o 8-o
Level 1 is looking like being less forgiving in S8, which is a good thing. (To put this in perspective, they were only the 2nd team in the final five series to die in level 1. Whereas 10 of 31 teams failed to survive level 1 in series 1-3.)

Enter team 2, who look like a very enthusiastic group. Ok, i admit i'm biased but i immediately wanted this team to win. :)
They were quick to react when the snap-dragon appeared in the tunnel.
Entered the level 1 clue-room. Liked the way Treguard re-read the scroll for clarification. Time-out before they could complete their choice.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D