Knightmare QI

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI

Post by Eyeshield »

Your attention, please, ladies and gentlemen. We have a new leader! Liam Callaghan has now set the standard with an unbelievably impressive score of 13. But there are 24 points on offer in this quiz, so there could yet be a new leader. Could you be the one?
Last edited by Eyeshield on 09 Mar 2007, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI

Post by Eyeshield »

I've got four entrants so far. This response has been so pleasing that I have written another QI quiz for the next issue of TES - thanks for setting the ball rolling on this phenomenon, HStorm.

The next round is designed to be a bit easier than the current one, which I must admit to finding incredibly tough when HStorm first sent me the questions.

The deadline for this round is Friday April 20th 2007, so there's still plenty of time to get those entries in.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI II

Post by Eyeshield »

Entries seem to have dried up a bit (well, completely) in the past week, so I've decided to post the questions on here too, in the hopes that more Knightmare fans will see them and want to answer them. Enter the competition and you could win a fabulous prize - pride! PM me your answers, or e-mail eyeshield2002@hotmail.com by Friday 20th April 2007.

The rules as explained by quiz author HStorm: If you give a correct answer, you get one point. You get up to two bonus points if you can embellish a correct answer with some Quite Interesting supplementary details. If you give a wrong, but unusual, answer, you’ll get zero points for it. Give an answer that is not only wrong, but is also clichéd and pathetically obvious, and you will lose at least ten points.

1. Who was Mogdred’s lover?

2. Which is the odd spell out? FIRE, FREE, FREEZE, FREEZER, SPLASH.

3. What does the following code signify? MK4, JN10, DN6, BN4, BN5, JE6, BY7, DN6.

4. Which is the odd one out? Blades, Spikes, Catacomb, Spears.

5. Give the name of the rude cavern elf who acted as Smirkenorff's guardian for two seasons.

6. Which is the odd spell out? FLIGHT, TRANSFORM, WEB, FLOAT, BIG.

7. In how many seasons of Knightmare was Mogdred the arch-villain?

8. What does this sequence signify? ISS, ISS, ZER, ARE, ERN, ISS, TCH, VIL, ISS, ELL, ISS, ELL, ISS.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 17 Mar 2007, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI II

Post by Eyeshield »

I've had two more entries since putting these up. Liam remains the clear leader, but he's not the only one with a positive score anymore.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Perhaps more people would enter if I offered them a T-shirt...
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

We now have a new leader, in the shape of my fellow member of the newly-formed "Seeing Eye spells are pointless" club, Drassil. Congratulations, Drassil, on achieving a phenomenal score of 16, which is fully two thirds of the 24 available marks. Can anyone better this feat? If you're out there, you've got less than 3 weeks to do it!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you.
Eyeshield wrote: Perhaps more people would enter if I offered them a T-shirt...
Quite possibly! Though the quiz is tricky, and unlikely to be everyone's cup of tea. Likewise, Knightmare and QI themselves are the kind of shows which many people love to watch but would never want to participate in. So I wouldn't take it personally. :) Plus, not everybody's a cat person, so winning a group of lions wouldn't... oh, hang on.
Eyeshield wrote: Enter the competition and you could win a fabulous prize - pride!
Oh. I thought you said a pride. My mistake. Better put the gazelles on eBay. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

;D Very knice.

I've designed my own quiz for the next issue, which I think is slightly easier. Will it make a difference to how many people want to enter? Only time will tell...
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition closes at 23:59:59 hrs tomorrow. If you still want to submit an entry, do it NOW! :-\
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

This competition is now CLOSED. A big thank you to all 7 of you who entered, and to HStorm for providing the questions. For answers, results and the next set of Knightmare QI questions, look out for the next issue of The Eye Shield, coming your way very soon.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Knightmare QI III

Post by Eyeshield »

Okay, here it is, the third mind-bending round of Knightmare QI! PM me your answers, or e-mail them to eyeshield2002@hotmail.com, by Friday 22nd June and you could be the next TES Knightmare QI champion!

By the way, please feel free to answer as many or as few of the questions as you feel you want to - if you're not a fan of the Knightmare books, for example, you may want to miss some questions out. Obviously, the more questions you answer, the more points you can potentially get, but the greater the risk of answering with a cliche! On that note...

1. What was the chant used by Lillith in series 1 and 2 to summon her magic causeway?
2. Who conquered Dunshelm in the first Knightmare book?
3. Which dungeoneer was the first to use a trapdoor to change levels?
4. Which was the final wall monster to appear on the programme?
5. Who was the final character to be seen on Knightmare?
6. Who was the first female member of a winning team to speak on Knightmare?
7. What does this sequence signify? (Look back to the previous set of questions if you want a big clue!) ISS, ISS, XEL, ISS, AME, EZE, IRE, OES, ISS, ERO, BAG, ISS, NGE, ISS, AME, ISS.
8. What is the title of the first Knightmare book?
9. What is the final spell that is cast in the traditional manner (by spelling it out) on Knightmare?
10. Which is the only piece of Knightmare canon (TV series and books) not to feature Treguard as a character?

Remember, a correct answer earns you one point, an interesting but wrong answer earns you nil points, and a cliché answer loses you at least ten points. You can earn up to two bonus points for each question by supplying some Quite Interesting supplementary information. I am also offering an extra bonus point for correctly identifying the cliché (or, in one case, identifying the fact that there is no cliché) in addition to supplying the correct answer, so there are four points on offer for each question. By the way, most of these questions are designed to be slightly (but only slightly) easier than the last lot – there are no trick questions, if you know your stuff!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 18 Jun 2007, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Knightmare QI III

Post by Eyeshield »

Well, our early leader is martinharder2000 with a score of 2. Get those entries in!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I've just noticed that the somewhat suprising answer to one of the early questions is actually printed in one of the sections of the latest issue of the fanzine, as clear as day! This is not deliberate, but you might want to bear it in mind.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

We have a new leader - HStorm, the founder of this phenomenon! 15 is now the score to beat.
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheMightyMartin »

*Sigh* There goes my "unbeatable" lead.
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"