Re:Download Knightmare Game Here!

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:DJ OSKA Knightmare PC game latest!!

Post by djoska »

Rite, to get to Elita, in the floating skull glade with the table, there's an invisible division which decides which side of the room leads to where- one leads to the tavern, one leads to Elita- there's not much difference in the outcome, but it adds variety!

Did you like the troll-hammer ending? Took ages to do!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
SteveH
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SteveH »

djoska wrote: Rite, to get to Elita, in the floating skull glade with the table, there's an invisible division which decides which side of the room leads to where- one leads to the tavern, one leads to Elita- there's not much difference in the outcome, but it adds variety!

Did you like the troll-hammer ending? Took ages to do!
Yeah it was excellent! Id died about 6 or 7 times trying to get past the troll, purley because i thought i was at the edge of the swinging club, but guess i wasnt :(

It was well worth it once i got past :D :D

Oh and thanks for the Elita tip! Ill go have a go right now!!

Seriousy well done on the game, im amazed at the depth it has and thanks for putting the time in.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

One thing - if you take the quest for the crown, you get told by Gwendoline that Ariadne's lair lies ahead - but I can't find it. Is this a 'leftover' from a deleted scene or something? Or am I missing something? (I'm sure I've tried all the paths).

Also, the choice between the shield and the hammer seems pointless, because you can complete the quest either way.
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 May 2006, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
SteveH
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SteveH »

Wow just found rodolpho!!!

3 whole new rooms!!
Forester
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Forester »

It seems that no matter which Quest you pick that you encounter the same rooms and characters after the first couple of rooms. I.e. All the quests merge.

The point made earlier about lack of text I think is a valid one. For deaf users it makes the character encounters pointless, not just those without sound cards. Almost all games which make use of sound to convey important information provide sub-titles.

If choosing the route in Level 1 that leads to the blocker it asks for a password that can be guessed but as far as I can tell is never provided by anyone.

The room with the witch seems impossible, I don't always get to see the blasts she makes, sometimes never at all. So its hard to work out the pattern to navigate across the room without being killed.

The combat chess collision detection is poor, causing the dungeoneer sprite to overlap with that of the bishop causes Life Force damage. Also you don't have to obey the rules, making cheating the easier option. But in some ways the collision detection issue means you have to cheat.

The causeways worked well and the transition scenes added some variety and worked well. The small piece of black card is funny :-)

It's a good attempt and would've easily taken a long time to piece it all together. It would be nice if more of the encounters had some consequence to them. E.g. Gwendoline is pointless, Sly is pointless, Skarkill is pointless. Oh and Ridolfo is a theif!

Some of the clues don't work well. E.g. For the green stone "Elves like these" yet if you enter the tavern it's the tavern prostitute that takes it. Of course it makes perfect sense if you take the Elita route.

Its clear you wanted to make the quests a little different with each attempt but I think making 4 solid well tied together quests would be more enjoyable than 4 paths that can cross over.

Just have bog standard death rooms (E.g. Bomb rooms) for any incorrect choices in path. Most fans will know right is always right when in doubt.

Anyway, it's about the best I've seen to date in terms of any attempts by KM fans and shows a great deal of effort and work. Just a shame about the bugs.

Well done though.
Never test a mains lead with your tongue.
athorn12
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by athorn12 »

:'(Dear DJ Oska

The knightmare game is great. Thanks for solving my spy glass problem for me, it worked and got passed Lord Fear okay. Could you please tell me where abouts is the corridor of blades and the play your cards right areas? I would love to get to them but I keep getting stuck at the bit where I meet skarkill in level 3.

what an excellent game, especially if you done it during your free time. For a first attempt it is one of the best games I have ever played and if you are planing future versions I think it would be great to add on the Great Causeway in Level 3, and perhaps meet up with Lord Fear.

All your work is greatly appreciated and I love playing it.

cheers for now

Nancy
SteveH
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SteveH »

Whats wrong with the skarkill bit? You gotta use PUC as a spell (type it in) after talking to the witch (forgotten her name!) and giving her the red stone. Then pick up the key, and the next room is the blades
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

oh- sly IS useful as he gives you the password when the pooka attacks him!

And there is different paths for each quest- level 3 has lots of quest-sensitive paths- but the rest merge to give an adventurey feel to the game. I think there was at least 75 slides/levels in all and the game creator was running slow when it came to saving and running it- Knightmare was one big file!

oh- and I gave up on the ariadne idea- that would have been way too hard to animate- a giant spider!!!
I had the music and everything!!!!

And the hammer gives a different (more fun) ending once you get past the troll so that's more variety!

oh, and the deaf-idea- I would be here for weeks trying to subtitle it and the sounds add realism!

The eyesheild piece of black card looked authentic didn't it? It's not as it I take a cloth-covered ex-door to my local forest but it looked good!!!

oh, and play your cards right is on only one of the quests and I can't remember which!

Has anyone played in the dark, helmet-on-head (or equivilent) guided by their friends yet?
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by malibupete »

For a first version, I love it. However, I agree with other people here about the keyboard-bashing clue thing not being a great idea.

Also, it seemed that whatever I did I ended up taking the same quest again and again after the first couple of rooms, which obviously spoilt it a little bit for me.

Other than that though, I think it's really good- Though CRIMINAL that you haven't put in "Ooh, nasty..."!
dazcouz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dazcouz »

malibupete wrote: Though CRIMINAL that you haven't put in "Ooh, nasty..."!
That's a point why haven't you put in an "Ooh Nasty" whenever you get killed off! That would be awesome! :'(
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

I was going to but I couldn't find a pure enough 'ooh nasty' sample without all the background noise!!

I did try, but with the footage I had, there was no clean 'ooh nasty' without the dungeoneers mumbling in the background and the noise that created their death!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Nickuk1987
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Nickuk1987 »

:'( Hi i love the game but I'm having trouble with the controls. Every time i pick up a spyglass and use it I can't get back out again. Its driving me mad. Please help...

P.S. I was working on a knightmare game myself using Klik & Play but to put it simply it was rubbish. Thanks for creating this.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

just click the mouse left button to escape spyglass scenes
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
dazcouz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dazcouz »

It'll be funny if Mogdred was but in your game, he terrifys the cr*p out of me! :'(
Nickuk1987
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Nickuk1987 »

I did get the corridor of blades working but the rest I just couldn't make it work. Anyway I finished creating a different game called 'Bob da Barbarian'. Its pretty decent. ;)