Re:Download Knightmare Game Here!

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:DJ OSKA Knightmare PC game latest!!

Post by Thequietone »

Um ... I did give you my postal address, right? only I havent seen any knightmare games appearing in the mail

Must download game!
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 May 2006, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

Okay, downloaded and ... played ... it's awesome, how on earth did you do that on the games factory?!

I have the GFact myself and I know it's very dificult to make anything big on it... congratulations for producing a real knightmare experience! .... my only complaints would be some of the graphics (notably the added gfx such as the bomb fuse flame) need to look a bit more authentic and the lack of animation in some areas (and the sidestep animation could use a little more movement in the left leg the leg that is not stepping) and also it carries the common bug which the games factory displays where it sometimes freezes and repeats whatever sound it was playing .... but all in all an awesome game and real fun to play! I look forward to future versions! ... any plans to put a title sequence in? that would be really awesome!

Also ... am I allowed to edit or modify the game in any way? (the game file is editable and I already modified it to run windowed so I can do other things while playing ... so many levels/rooms in that game) ... and if you need any gfx or animation ...
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 May 2006, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
Idiustidius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Idiustidius »

Ye, the dungeoneer moves too slowly, also the passwords can be guessed by pressing all the letters
athorn12
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by athorn12 »

Hi DJ Oska

I need some knightmare help.

I am stuck in level 2, I have looked through the spy glass but Lord Fear keeps imposing a communications blackout, any ideas on how I can get round this problem before I get killed off

regards

nance

lifelong knightmare fan.

PS. Your game is absolutely ace, I love it I have always wanted a PC version of knightmare, thank you for making it happen. Hope you can fix my problem

Any queries e-mail me back
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

CLick the mouse button to put the spyglass down!!!

Anyway, in response to the comments above- how the ??? do you create a decent sidestep animation??!

I gave up and that was what I was left with!

Also, the CoB was hard to create- it's all an illusion and not a 3d piece at all!

Oh, and the controlling errors like freezing and looping are TGF programming errors and not my clumsy faults!!!

Glad I'm getting all this positive feedback!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Shippou
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shippou »

Great game, Man. I have completed it once with the chalice quest.

I have a question though; How do I get to the room where Elita is?

Also, Where in level 3 is the "Play You Cards Right" puzzle?
-Sig goes here-
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

From what I can see it looks like a total success, we must praise this dude for keeping our hopes and spirits alive... Three cheers p'raps? Or perhaps a Scotch?

Well done mate!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

Indeed, an excellent achievement using such basic tools ... you should try making it under multimedia fusion or something more powerful ;D

While examining the game levels, I noticed that several had a seemingly unused textbox, is this there for a reason?

Oh ... and I also think that witch needs to be made less diffucult ...
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 May 2006, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

Are you kidding? The witch is easy to beat. Its all in watching the pattern and timing it right.

Anyone got killed by a Pooka yet? :'(
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
dazcouz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dazcouz »

Great game, although it would be awesome if on every new quest all the rooms were randomized so that you never know what room is next (I mean keep level 1 rooms on level 1 and don't put a level 3 room in level 1, if you know what I mean?!) and also the wall monsters, blockers, guards etc also always changed their questions too.
Also where is the room with Elita I have played the game loads of times but never met Elita, I know the Play your cards right room is on level 3 on the Sword quest.
Overall though it's a wicked game and well put together
Cheers Daz ;) :'(
dazcouz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dazcouz »

By the way,
On the quest for the Shield when you enter the room where you have the choice to take either the troll hammer and the shield in level 3, if you take the troll hammer is it at all possible to get past the next room where the troll is swinging his club?
I have always been killed in this room, I am so curious as to what the next room is!! Is it at all possible to escape this room??
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

After the troll swinging bit, you are basically there!
There's a nice animation of the troll hammer scene and the baddies crushed in Lord Fears chambers!
You then win the quest and Hordriss gives you the FrightKnight trophy!

Pick the shield and it's the easy way out!
The troll swinging is just a nice hard bit to make it challenging to complete but like everything on the game- it's all about timing!!!!

Good luck, and thank you for the good feedback!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
scorchx
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by scorchx »

::) To put it bluntly, the game was bad. It was a great idea, but i suffered severe problems, due to a damaged sound card. It would be great with text boxes in the game.
SteveH
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SteveH »

Finally! After days of trying ive completed the Shield!

COmpleted all 4 now :D

Took ages to get past the troll....

I really hope you develop it further, and make more rooms etc, it would be great!

Also - on the end credits, you see elita, is she in the game?

I noticed sometimes if u go in the left /middle doors (against knightmare protocol i knwo!) u get different rooms, but maybe i missed her somewhere
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

Posted by: scorchx Posted on: Thursday 11 May 2006, 21:03
To put it bluntly, the game was bad. It was a great idea, but i suffered severe problems, due to a damaged sound card.
Try making something better then!!! I put a lot of my free hours into that creation and if your soundcard actually worked, you may have seen it differently- Knightmare was alot to do with sound and without that, it would be boring!
Anyway, there was text boxes in the game for the key points like questions and introducing new objects and enemies.
Its not as if I could translate all of what the characters say into text boxes- that would take long and may give vital clues away like when HANDS give you the password to level 2!!!
(if you don't hang around long enough- bam! you missed it!)

...one wonders if one thinks about how much work these things take...
V1.0 coming soon!!!!