The funniest death on Knightmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Funny Deaths?

Post by HStorm »

Not word-for-word, but it went something like, "She cares about her appearance more than mere base metals."

The objects available were a bar of gold, the soap and the comb. From that clue, it's clear the comb was required, and possibly the soap as well. The real silliness was not so much the choice of objects, as the fact that they only took the one object.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MJNSEIFER
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MJNSEIFER »

I see.

I wonder if they needed Soap for a later scene though? (Stomach peraps?)
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

i reckon maybe a stomach swallowing in liliths lair..i.e sankes head=snakes stomach! as seen in series 3!
"Remember, play fair, or fear play foul, the game resumes on the witching hour."
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

I think there is a better question:

Which deaths arn't funny?

Almost all of them were deserved for their blind stupidity (The points where you shout at the TV).

The few that I thought were not deserving are like the X-mas season end cop-out.
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
nin_ken_dog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by nin_ken_dog »

Anyone have video of deaths other than the ones in the clips section? I would love to watch a tape just full of the deaths because they looked so funny and cool.
Say hello to the goblins and ask them if they would like a good present.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I alsways found the deaths of Mave (series 1), Akash (Series 2), Julie (Serioes 3) and the one in series 5 that blew the golbin horn.

I reckon a funny death would be if Oakley had ever killed anyone. He would probably have dropped the large branche of the dungeoneer's head.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: The funniest death on Knightmare?

Post by Redthir »

Anthony - Series 2, Team 11
The dungeoneer seemed to lack any kind of emotion, as well as seeming completely oblivious to the fact that the jar was empty.

Alan - Series 6, Team 3
"We're dead, Alan."

Simon - Series 4, Team 4
Funny enough for me to create a parody song based on this death. And a Facebook group as well.

Chris - Series 5, Team 7
Chris: Red, Green, Blue and Grey.
One of the advisors: No Chris! Say Red, Blue, Green and Grey!
Chris: What?
(Blocker eats him)

Simon - Series 3, Team 3
It was strangely amusing seeing the team guide Simon straight off a cliff.
Strike
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Strike »

[quote="Redthir"]

Simon - Series 4, Team 4
Funny enough for me to create a parody song based on this death. And a Facebook group as well.

That is the ultimate classic!

Apart from that one four others that would make my top 5

Neil Series 2
Their hilarious death by Cedric the silly team that were generally useless at spellcasting Spade instead of Shovel!

Series 5 Richard and the Magic Orn!

Akash Series 2 Everything about the short quest and death is hilarious

Series 6 January and The Magic Rope of Sly Hands!
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

got to be Akash and friends i mean they were so clueless they should have died in that bomb room but i think it was for pure entertainkent they survived past ignieus and a cracking oooh nasty from Treguard to finish them off
classic comedy
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

Just bhad to watch this xmas day Simon and friends do a side step to the left booong
i watched this on my vhs which has stayed in really good nick i'm really impressed they still play!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

VHS, knightmaredave? How very 90s of you ;) Mine are struggling these days, it has to be said.

Nothing like a dose of Simon sidestepping left to create laughter. Accidental comedy is always the best kind, especially if your name is Simon.
thesidesteptotheleft
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thesidesteptotheleft »

There was a good one early in series 2, where a guy failed to pick up a shield in level 3. A few rooms later he came up against a Medusa which turned him and his team into stone.

Treguard then says "Oh dear, I think all I'm going to get from them is a stoney silence". It was the way he said it, I was laughing for ages after that.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Think it's fair to say that Series 4's "Sidestep to your left" is the death that's lasted longest in people's memories, although "Red, green, blue, grey!" in the youtube age has gained a nice momentum too.

How about least funniest? There's a fair few deaths in Series 3 that piss me off because of how unfair they are,
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Least funny for unfairness will always be team 1 in season 4 for me. Seemed very harsh.
thesidesteptotheleft
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thesidesteptotheleft »

I don't know if anyone remembers a death in series 2 when a team fail to take the gauntlets and therefore can't deal with a catacomb bite. They go into a room to the left where Moghdred says "You've wandered into one of my little play-pens, play a while, play forever! (evil maniacal laugh and dungeoneer dies)

Just before that though is when they meet the oracle of confusion in the object room (the one with the stairs at the top) who clearly says "The way forward is the way back" but the team don't go back. This isn't mentioned concerning the death weirdly.

There's also a random one in series 2, where the dungeoneer wanders into the object room at the top of the stairs, and this ghostly shroud floats over and kills them. I never understood that one