BBK

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Elessar
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:BBK

Post by Elessar »

Wow, I got a mention! ;D
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

*Knew BBK development*

Post by Becxsmagic »

Right, Jim is trying to get a meeting with Tim Child, but needs support. He needs at LEAST 5 other people, 1 knightmare.com site person (preferably Nick/Illusion but I guess we can cheat and include the mods) and 1 RPG person to attend (Pooka, Forester, KaM, Kieran etc.)
to be able to attend the meeting which will be in Norwich.
Tim could still be interested in bringing back KM, but still it can't be certain. We need as many people as possible to attend so PLEASE do your best and help us out.

If you want more on this, join KM Chat tonight, and we'll most likely be talking more about it.
Edit: Modified-Can't be sure of the month or date

Please email Jas if you are interested on Jas107_@hotmail.com
Last edited by Becxsmagic on 08 Dec 2005, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Whereever you go, there you are
Elessar
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Elessar »

I go to uni in Cambridge so could go provided it was during termtime.
Jas107
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jas107 »

Ok i have a news letter wrote up for my idea on getting back knightmare. Please email me if you will like a copy.
Thanks to all that are helping.

Jas107_@hotmail.com ;D
Bebalabalabo
Jas107
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:BBK New news letter

Post by Jas107 »

I have the latest newsletter email me and i will send it.

Jas107_@hotmail.com
Bebalabalabo
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

BBK site

Post by Becxsmagic »

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the BBK site is down. It's been down for a while.
Could anyone with Mystara's contact details please let him know or if he does, someone tell me why it's down?
Hope this doesn't affect the petition... :-(
Whereever you go, there you are
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Have you tried contacting him through his profile:

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... er=mystara
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I've heard from Alan and he is aware of the problem. He is on the case and the domain should work again soon.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Here.

This really does kind of prove that Tim's not interested in any kind of BBK - or Knightmare at all, really - so I guess it's up to us to think of new ideas.

I just kinda thought Televirtual might be on our side.
Last edited by Pooka on 24 Mar 2006, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I just kinda thought Televirtual might be on our side.
I don't think that remark's very fair. They've spent the last four years trying to bring KM back, investing tens of thousands in building an entire new graphical control system, and they created a new episode in order to promote a revival. You can't say they haven't tried. (In fact, given that, until late in 2001, they hadn't really planned to bring the show back, they've put a phenomenal effort into it.)

Facts are facts. No TV channel wants to invest in KM, and if that's still the case after seven years of people campaigning for it, it's fair if T'Virtual get the impression they're wasting time and resources. Ultimately, they are a business, and they can't keep throwing money at a project that shows no sign whatever of getting off the ground.

I'm not saying we should give up all hope, but I wouldn't blame anyone who did.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

(Crikes - it's been a while since I've bored people on the forums!) Well - the last 24 hours have been rather clinical and conclusive as to KM's future; and even though I've replied to Pooka on closer ground, I'd like to shed it here as well. I'm not as regular a visitor to the forums as I used to be, probably because there's a certain apathetic ambience that comes over with the 'not-knowing'. Now that news has come, definitely feel re-awakened, ironically so, if Knightmare is indeed to be put to rest. Please forgive me anybody who doesn't like cross-posting (albeit not on these forums). This was first reaction to negative criticism (slightly edited where relevant):

"We appreciate, we have appreciated and will forever appreciate K.M. - amongst its biggest fans. And yet how on earth do any of us have the right to demand that someone, least of all the creator of the show we all love and which brought us together, has to yield to will, otherwise come under perusal? Where has respect and humility gone? I agree with what Tim says really - this news was not a great surprise to me. Knightmare was the bigger picture back in the late 1980s, and let's not forget that it wasn't his fault that the show was axed when it was - but it's also not his fault that the times have changed. Knightmare would potentially be huge current day, but teenagers have changed pretty much a generation in a decade. Not only that, but television companies have merged and merged, television is not what it was a decade or two ago. I've worked for Yorkshire T.V. before on a project, and been with the news crew of Tyne-Tees a couple of times ~ they all knew how quickly independent programme making would dissipate. KM is no longer the bigger picture, and although disappointed, I'm just pleased that Televirtual's new technological bigger picture even considered rekindling Knightmare as a project - it held onto the dream a little longer."

Tim is a legend to me: as corny as it sounds, I've built a life around Knightmare and its fans. I owe all I have and all I am to Knightmare - trying to consider that any involvement I have or have had the privilege to have over the past couple of years is just a way of trying to give a little back. Anyone with a bad word to say about Tim or Televirtual severely bruises all the relationships built through Knightmare.

I do firmly believe in the BBK campaign (wow - even got a small mention in related posts earlier [thank you!]) ~ yet talking about 'the plan of attack', the language and approach I've seen through this time has 'fashioned', it seems to me, some cult-led war against the 'opposition' that stand in the way of Knightmare's comeback, in whatever sense. Getting back on Challenge for a number of years has been a dream; I think it's taken for granted that Knightmare must have the same panache now as it did before, and it feels awkward to me. Some of this community does feel rather cult-like sometimes: and as I have been advised by asking journalists, advertising agents and a film-making advisor from the BBC about K.M. (& the R.P.G.), continued, creative interest is welcomed; aggressive, over-forthright interest will put the cause at the foot of the ladder.

Will leave it there - this is far more emotional to write than I realised - but now it seems there is a definitive answer to the future of Knightmare, rather than bitterness over the future of K.M., it will mean most to me that the ineffable, sacred, special legacy for what has been is protected.

Love, Peace & Harmony.
Last edited by Anonymous on 25 Mar 2006, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.