Re:Series 4 and 5 on Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Billy
Knight
Knight

Series 4 and 5 on Challenge

Post by Billy »

If you don't have Series 4 and 5 of Knightmare on video (like me), you'd better record the next showings as they could be your last chance. Dittoing Series 3 which expired in late 2004, the rights to Series 4 will run out on the 31st May, and Series 5 on the 30th September. This is according to Challenge Guru on the Challenge forums.

Series 2 starts this Saturday, so Series 4 (then 5) will follow next month. Better get those tapes ready!
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Yes, definately a good idea. Whilst they've continued to show KM since the series were first purchased, I don't have a great feeling about the show's future on Challenge.
Last edited by Anonymous on 21 Jan 2006, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
kev_hamster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by kev_hamster »

This again emphasises the need for a DVD release.

If it's not shown on challenge, and you're not lucky enough to have copies you've already taped, how do you watch it?

This is not good. And I don't even have Challenge!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

KM Fan wrote: Yes, definately a good idea. Whilst they've continued to show KM since the series were first purchased, I don't have a great feeling about the show's future on Challenge.
Ditto here. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in mid 2007.

The CITV Channel launches in March. Hopefully that'll pick it up when it ends on Challenge.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hmm, that's a very, very good point, Billy. I hadn't realised that... CITV will, of course, have many hours of schedule which they will need to fill (assuming they'll be active from early morning to quite late at night) and will undoubtedly turn to their archive to fill in time. Km, which has proven its relevance today, may well be a candidate. Furthermore, if it gets a good reception from the audience, CITV might become interested in the new format. This is, of course, rose-tinted optimism on my part!
Subject to change.
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

a citv channel? does that mean repeats of all out childhood favourites???

*bounces happily*
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Fury
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Fury »

Madmogsue wrote: a citv channel? does that mean repeats of all out childhood favourites???
Let's hope so! If it's just endless repeats of things shown in the past couple of years, I'm not going to be very impressed.
Dungeons don't kill people; advisors do.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

It's difficult to know just how optimistic to be. To us, a dedicated CiTV channel is indeed an enticing prospect. However, to ITV, it could well represent a relegation of CiTV away from ITV1 for failing to 'pull in the punters'. And if it's anything like CBeebies (potentially its main rival), its focus will be repeats of new and recent shows; not just once, but up to three times on a given day. And if the CiTV channel 'time shares' with another of the ITV channels, its schedule will be more limited in scope. This intriguing new avenue could prove to be more Recently Road than Memory Lane.

Having said that, a little research has led me to this from the website Merry Media: '...they plan to show some classic childrens programmes that haven't been aired for many years. Some reports suggest early episodes of the dog drama Woof as well as hospital drama series Childrens Ward.'

As we approach its launch date, I'd be interested to hear views from those better informed about the new channel than I. This is certainly worth monitoring. (And this TV Forum thread in particular may prove to be a useful place to have the eyeshield pointed at...)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

I'm going to be a cynic here, and go with Drassil's first paragraph. Something tells me a CITV channel (probably sharing a channel number with the utterly polar opposite ITV3) would be mainly geared towards any kids' shows made in the last three or so years, designed to fit "the kids of today" - so it'll be wall-to-wall latest-flash-in-the-pan Japanese cartoons for the under-tens. Knightmare, which was made for older kids (participants were 11-15, remember), will get the "it isn't relevant to the kids of today" excuse - seriously, how many kids play D&D or the like these days, when compared with Japanese trading card games that eat far more pocket money?

They should just call it the Yu-Gi-Oh channel and have done with it.

And even if what Drassil says next is correct:
Having said that, a little research has led me to this from the website Merry Media: '...they plan to show some classic childrens programmes that haven't been aired for many years. Some reports suggest early episodes of the dog drama Woof as well as hospital drama series Childrens Ward.'
I still doubt Knightmare will feature because it *has* been shown recently - on Challenge, where of course it's still being shown.

Then again, if they get hold of - say, series 3 and 4, which they'll be able to by that point, then I will eat my cynical words with a huge side order of chips and gravy, and watch intently!
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Interesting.

According to the Challenge TV schedules, Knightmare is on daily 8-9am at the moment. Perhaps this has something to do with half term...
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Looks like it'll still be on 8-9am daily until at least the 31st March, meaning there should definitely be at least one more showing of Series 4 before the rights run out.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Okay apparantly Knightmare is now suspended on Challenge until April Fool's Day. :o
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Bah! What's that for, then? I even checked the April schedules, and Knightmare was on every day there, too...
GraySudbury
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GraySudbury »

HI there readers

We all shocked about Challenge making a break on KM, but to be honnest they were the onces who revived KM in the first place and they should keep showing them as long as there is public interest then keep it running!!!!
Lets not stop at 4+5 argueably the best seasons of KM, and get back 1,2,3,6,7,8 we all love it! No one can beat it! I wish things will change because KM deserves it!

Thanks readers :)
Moist_Mog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moist_Mog »

Could anyone confirm what the currrent situation is ref: Knightmare re-runs on Challenge?

Had a look through the site and all I found was a post in the forums to say that the current run of series 5 will be the last.

Any further info, especially ref: series 1-4 much appreciated.

:)