INTERACTIVE STORY #4...

Games to amuse and entertain.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

INTERACTIVE STORY #4...

Post by Emii »

There are a couple of these floating round in archives, and Becxsmagic suggested starting another...after all, it's been two years since the last one and I bet all of you guys who've joined us in that time and hadn't given it a go have some great funky ideas!

I'd like to kick it off...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Treguard was sleeping quietly in his new antechamber. Well, not quite new. Same time, same place...new look. The person who had just entered gazed around, and noticed the Dungeonmaster was completely alone, and the pool was empty save for a large green cloud.
Treguard snorted softly and shifted in his seat. The newcomer reached out for his shoulder.
Last edited by Emii on 08 Nov 2005, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:INTERACTIVE STORY #4...

Post by Billy »

Bit out with the numbering...you've already done an Interactive Story #3! ;) http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... eadid=1199
Last edited by Billy on 06 Nov 2005, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:INTERACTIVE STORY #3/4 whatever...

Post by Becxsmagic »

Come ooon, let's get started *Jumps around like a demented kangaroo*
-----------------------------------------------

The newcomer shook Treguard to wake him up.
"Wha-, what? Who are you?" Treguard started
"Treguard, have you really been here all on your own this past 11 years?"
Treguard nodded sadly, he was still half asleep and wondered if he could be dreaming.
"Well, that's going to change, because I've got someone here to see you" the figure smiled
Treguard jumped with a start "Wait a minute, aren't you..."
Whereever you go, there you are
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:INTERACTIVE STORY #3...

Post by Skarkill »

*Tregaurd woundered why he hadn't rconised his guest before now.*

*The figure that stood before him was dressed in the robes of a holy man but his faces was shrouded with a Hood.*

"Brother Strange!!"

*Treagaurd said in a mixture of shock and joy at seeing an old allie.*

"What brings you to Knightmare Castle again after all these Years??"

"Dungeonmaster I bring some news and another guest. He is I belive at the Threshold of your castle now, I did not invite him in as that task is the job of a Dungeon Master.

*The Mysterius monk bowed his head in respect to the Dungeon master and steaped aside to alow Treagurd to pass and invite there other guest into the antechamber in the customery way.*
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:INTERACTIVE STORY #3...

Post by Thanatos »

When he perceived the guest's identity he was momentarily convinced that it must be a dream after all, a notion dispelled only by the certainty that such a shock would have woken him up, which had not occurred. Treguard couldn't work out what he was doing there or how he should deal with him, but it was unquestionably he in face, build, clothes and voice:

"Greeting, Dungeon Master."

"Mogdred!"
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

BillyH wrote: Bit out with the numbering...you've already done an Interactive Story #3! ;) http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... eadid=1199
Oops...edited!!**
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

*Tregaurd was more shocked to see his old nemasis Mogdred then had had been to see Brother Strange. Tregaurd quickly pulled himself together and started to waigh the situation up in his mind What ever was going on he did not like it one bit.*

"So Necromancer what brings you back to this realm? I thought we had seen the last of you after the 4 phase of The Dungeon."

*Mogdred regarded Tregaurd coldly and with contempt.*

"Belive me Dungeon Master it is not by my own free choice I return to this relam. The Techno Magic that my succsesor Lord Fear has filled this relam with is like poison to my pure magic, and has there for renderd me almost completly powerless. However I am here now due to Magic far stronger then mine."

*Now Tregaurd was certain he did not like this situation he had found himself in.*

*Mogdred continued*

"I have been pulled across space and time against my will by a power so great that it threaterns even Lord Fear's magic."

"What Power Mogdread?"

*Tregaurd asked even though he feard the ansrew.*

"By The Alzan race."

*Came the reply*
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Treguard shuddered. He knew he was in no position to challenge the will of the Alzan race.

He sighed as the only thing he cauld do to get rid of Mogdred was appeal to them directly and wait. But he knew he had neither the strength nor the courage. The only thing he could do was try to get used to this.

Treguard secretly wondered why the Alzan race would want to bring Mogdred back. He also wondered if Merlin had also returned.

As these thoughts buzzed relentlessly around his head, Brother Strange spoke:
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

"Dungeon Master, as you are no dought aware this is a very dangerous development. If The Alzan race have taken an intrest in this realm you can be sure it is not a one of peace and freindship, but one of conquest."

"And Mogdread's presence here is proof of that for I am sure they intended for him to fight with Lord Fear and in the carnage that would certainly of insued mearly walk in and conqure. However due to the polution of the magic aura in this realm due to Fear's Technomagic that can not happan."

"However the rest of the news I'm affraid is not as hopefull. The Alzan's seeing there first plan has failed have sent there Cheif agent of sabotarge and terror, The Mercenery Leytan into this realm."

"Why? What can one Mercenery do? Even one with the reputation of Leytan. Any trouble he stires up is not going to be enough to cover the arrival of The Alzans"

"He's not here for that purpose Fool!"

*Mogdread sneered*

"The Tact of the Alzanshas changed now there looking just to invad and Leytan is here to open a gateway for them. By useing one of Merlins old spell books."

"He is Dungeon master at this very moment hunting threw the levels for the one book which holds the spell to allow one relam to phase with another."
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

[I must confess, I feel disappointed. I had an idea last night to follow Thanatos' post that I was enthusiastic about, but obviously, I failed to post in time.

Not only are Leytan and the Alzans Ricky/Skarkill's long-standing creations, but they've been extensively developed through roleplay and writing outside this forum, and I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable 'playing' with them myself.

So, I may well refrain from contributing to this story; but, for the sake of interest, here is what I'd been hoping to contribute after Thanatos' instalment:

Treguard stared, almost incredulous that not only was this incarnation of evil standing before him after an absence of many years, but also that this was the first time he and Mogdred had actually met in person. And this inaugurated a feeling within the heart of the Dungeon Master that he considered it a sin for him to broach: the feeling of fear. He, Treguard of Dunshelm, found himself doing what he had resisted doing so many times in days of yore: he was looking upon Mogdred, and quailing. How could this happen? He experienced a resurgence of the fleeting shame that he used to feel as dungeoneers walked to their deaths, while he sat passively in his chair so far from the 'front line', like a corrupt despot on his throne. As if in response to his shame, he leapt to his feet, and met his erstwile enemy's nonchalant gaze with his own trademark glare.

"What," demanded Treguard, losing himself for a moment in cliché, "is the meaning of this?"

Mogdred countered with a cliché of his own. "I was not dead, Treguard. I was merely sleeping."

"And it was I who woke him," confessed Brother Strange. Clearly, 'let sleeping dogs lie' was one proverb that had not made it into his volume. "With the aid of two of my brethren: one who remembers Mogdred's dominion, and one who remembers his departure."

Two names came to Treguard's troubled mind: Cedric and Mace. Seemingly, the three monks had somehow retrieved Mogdred from the purgatory he had been banished to after his last manifestation. But, why? Why would they...

"I am here because the Powers That Be need me," intoned Mogdred. Relishing Treguard's disgust at this idea, he continued. "A certain deed has been perpetrated by my alter ego, and the monks of your Dungeon, while greatly troubled by its implications, know that I can help like no one else."

Treguard found his voice faltering. "Merlin? He... he's back? What has he done?"

"Yes. It's Merlin," said Brother Strange slowly. "He's stolen Christmas."]
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

(If it makes people happy Iam quite prepared to remove Refrence to The Alzans and Leytan so as to allow people who do not feel comfotable useing them to join in.)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Yeah, let's not bring lots of roleplay characters into the fanfic. As well as the reason Drassil stated, it's confusing for those who don't roleplay, like me.

Where are we carrying on from? Skarkill's post? Drassil's post? Or some mixture or something?
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

(I'll edit my posts to more Cannon based KM unless people want to go on from Drassil's post.)
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

(Whatever, let's get on with the story! :-\

Sorry for the outburst, but it should be spontaneous and improvised. I've never roleplayed either but these interruptions are starting to get kind of irritating...sorry but I had to just say that.
I vote for continuing with Drassil's.)
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

(I'll go along with that Bex)