The Joy of finding Knightmare Tapes!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
SlimAdey
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The Joy of finding Knightmare Tapes!

Post by SlimAdey »

Damn, I felt like a kid in a candy shop last night. Sorting through my old video tapes, I found a tape with a few epsidoes of series 5 (with team with Ben in it, where they go to Winteria), series 8 (with the end of season) and another series (I forget the series now!).

They really are old tapes, having to use my tape head cleaner 2 or 3 three times (although I think it's my video player as much as the tape itself! :'().

The gutting thing is, I had series 3 on tape, and have taped over it with bad influence! AAAAAAAARGH!

(Keeps fingers crossed for a DVD 'comletists' package which will probably never happen LOL!).
Time out has gone, the quest is on.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:The Joy of finding Knightmare Tapes!

Post by Kieran »

That must have been a nice find. My grandfather recorded Knightmare for me from 1988 onwards, I found the tapes again in 1998 which lead me here very shortly afterwards!

Hope you enjoy re-living the episodes. :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
SlimAdey
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SlimAdey »

I still rue the day I taped over I series 3 (from the 2nd episode of Leo and Co. with the shining star death in the progress report til the series ended, my favourite series!), but this was still a great find. I think the 3rd tape I mentioned has some of series 4 (one of the teams dies in the corridor of blades for the first time, the dungeonner shout's at a ghost REALLY loud, that episode!), so I don't feel that bad.

What series seems to be the most popular here? The first three with the hand painted screens, where even level one was really hard/a decent challenge, were EASILY my favourites, even if I was only 7 when knightmare's first series started. I miss the cart journey from level 2 to 3 in series 3 the most! :'(
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

The general cencus usually picks either S2 or 3 as 'favourite, but S7 does pop in there quite frequently too.

Personally I would state S3 as my favourite.
Last edited by Kieran on 23 Jul 2005, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Pre-Challange repeats.

I would have said S6 & S7 were my favs for the simple fact I had not seen the frist 3 series and only had scetchy memoreis of S4.

NOW

I would say S3 & S7 were my favs with S6 & 5 a close second.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
SlimAdey
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by SlimAdey »

Series 7? Hmm, Actually, it was quite good, a definite return to the 'old skool' gloomy'ness', which proper levels (as opposed to walking round castles which were just some dude aiming a video camera round old scottish castles!). Play your card's right was hard as nails as well.

Still, the early 3 series which closely mimicked the knightmare book's will always be my favourite. Series 8 is underated as well (even though it was a bit shorter than the other series). So much potential.

Anyway. Tonight has got a bottle of whisky and a my old knightmare tapes writen ALL OVER IT. LOL. Might have to watch all of em, back to back. (Damn, thank God I'm going out Saturday as well!). ;D
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

I always like to find tapes with old adverts on them. There aren't any compensation or loan adverts at all :) Those were the days 8)

It's also wierd to see the style of TV just 10 years ago. In 1992, the BBC ended the day (about 2am) with the national anthem.

"And that concludes our broadcasting day"
Aranel
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aranel »

Awwww! Must've been a lovely find!

Unfortunately I haven't the slightest clue where any of the tapes which my parents recorded Knightmare on for me are.

But I did find my father's recording of Genesis of The Daleks, which also has a couple of episodes of Mr Bean on it with adverts in between.
As Eli said, 'tis very oddly enjoyable and interesting to watch old adverts.

Anyway,
Happy watchings, SlimAdey! :)
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Hello

I've got every episode on tape and it's such a joy. I recently had a megesession of watching them all while having some time after finishing my HND.

Favourite series?

It's really hard to say. Being a fan of the books too, I'd say series 3 is pretty close to Can You Beat The Challenge and Labyrinths Of Fear, whereas series 5/6 are prety close to The Sorcerer's Isle.

I love all the series, every episode, most of the teams, and most of the characters.

I did see series 7 as a return to form.

I think the storyline through out series 7, the Brollacan, Grimwaldine.

Plus I thought Majida was HOT!

So it's hard to say for a favourite series.
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

I think series 6 was my favourite, purely for the dragon storyline throughout the season... although Series 7 with good ole Barry does up the year a knotch or two
Sidestep to the left....