LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Epi 14

Post by Tom41 »

Ooh, very good episode today! I liked when they messed up while trying to talk to the Witch Queen, greeting her with something like "Hello Queen" ;). Barry seems to have trouble being polite to the Witch Queen as well! He also told her at first that the barmaid had been turned into LF's assistant, but then corrected himself.

And you could easily tell that the barmaid was Lissard in disguise, saying stuff like 'Your Mageness' - Lissard isn't very bright ;D

The 'put your foot down' scene was another classic, similar to when another team used a mallet on Julius Scaramonger. Coincidentally, the same room in which the previous team got Sylvester Hands drunk!

Didn't see the point of the 'SURPRISE!' scroll (although Barry said 'uh-oh'). There's rarely a room in Knightmare which has nothing to do, apart from getting out of the door. I knew something would happen in that room.
I didn't know the answers to most of those questions (except the troll one), but with the Brollachan you can just sound convincing since he doesn't know! Still, Barry conversed with his advisers to see if they knew the answers!

Memorable lines as well:
"It's a very nice boat!" "Is it now?"
"Perhaps kneel at this point" "Are you serious?"

"Lord Fear plans to turn a barmaid Hordriss is rather enchanted with into one of his henchmen, or rather his henchmen into the barmaid, so Lord Fear can get an advantage over the Opposition, over the Powers that Be, rather"

Bit unfair to have a time-out when they got to Play your Cards Right!
Last edited by Tom41 on 20 May 2004, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

Good episode..... very tense

It's a bit suspicious - Barry has nearly bungled his quest about 5 times... he does deserve to win, but i think the producers have pity on him.

Isnt it a bit odd that:

*SPOILERS**HIGHLIGHT*(when he chooses between the troll and the shield at the end) Greystagg will appear in 3 different circumstances? *END SPOLIERS*

Also, she asked for barry's calling name... thats a first i think
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

It would have been funny if Barry had just made one up!

I noticed a small blooper at the start: The book Fidjit was holding was obviously blank! Still, The Best Team Ever (in my humble opinion) have now managed to reach the Play Your Cards Right puzzle, and I can't wait to see more of that Troll tomorrow. I was hoping, after Greystagg said 'Greetings, YOUR HIGHNESS' Barry would say 'Oh, just call me Barry', but I guess that might have ruffled Greystagg's temper a bit! I must admit the Brollachan's questions were harder than usual, especially considering it was only Level 2. There was a knice Monty Python-esque bit where a giant foot squashes on Grippa, Rhark and Raptor. Were they killed off, then, or just zapped to another dimension? Great announcement at the end by the Challenge annoucer, though:
"Never mind that scabby woman, bring back Pickle I say!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

That might cause distress in some parts of this forum... ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Notice that the start of this episode had a longer overlap from the last episode than most. More conversation and less gaming to make sure that it pans out over the last episode.

Interesting the way Barry shuffled, almost in a comical way. Seemed to enjoy using the boot, the last time he banged it down about 3 times before Raptor was squashed.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 20 May 2004, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Pity the Goblins didn't get spiked.. lol
Isn't this the 1st and only time we see Lissard in person?

Seems they have started the finial story line quite late.. in season 6 the red dragon was talked about a few episodes before hand... and last two quest were about defeating it... one way or the other..

And the heavy use of the Goblins is great.. should have been like that from the start. (No spy glass in level 2?)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

There was a Spy Glass Sequence in Level 2 Mephisto, but that was shown in the episode 13 when LF turn Lissard into Marta.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh yes... i remember...
but his quest seemed to have very little Fear action..
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Scaramonger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Scaramonger »

"It's a very knice boat."
"Is it know?"
"Yes it's a lovely boat" :D

Woman on verge of throwing Barry overboard ;D
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

"Never mind that scabby woman, bring back Pickle I say!"

Did they really say that? Suddenly the Challenge! announcer's don't seem too bad!
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Fit the Fourteenth

And so we start with the usual loose change before begining the episode proper. Thicky seems smug about something and goes for Sackless' spellbook, earning him a slap. Thicky flaunts his keys in a very annoying 'look but don't touch' way before opening the door to the moving fireball room. Barry drinks the fireproof potion and grabs the witch amber on his way through. In the portrait room we have a couple of goblins accompanied by Raptor who has avast behind. Barry puts his foot down, smashing the goblins and Raptor. And I distinctly heard Treguard saying "ooohh, messy!" Into the throne room with Queenie. Barry explains his worries and Greystagg doubts him before reeling off a couple of proverbs. Barry trades the amber for a REVEAL spell. The next room has a 'surprise' scroll, which I count as further evidence of my theory that Greystagg is actualy Cilla Black in an elaborate disguise. Brollachan shows up, and one of his questions is "what is more stupid than a troll". I'd have said President Bush. Or Tony Blair. Through trial by Spikes with some close calls into that whole 'Lissard disguised as Marta' storyline. Is that the Dunswater boatman I see in the background? Barry casts REVEAL and Lissard is, well...revealed. Before Hordriss can do anything other than look like an outraged Lilly Savage Lissard runsness. Hordriss asks Barry to keep quiet before leading him through the weird door, and would you look at that? The cleaners are so lazy, they're even sweeping stairs under the rug now. Down into level three, and through an anti-magic barrier. Took Backwards and Freezer potions before moving through to the Sewers of Cough. Spyglass reveals Lord F has aqquired the king of the trolls, Bulstrode, and is planning to shrink him down to send him to Knightmare Castle to destroy it. I'm assuming the shrinking will be done via a Gameshark cheat device, naturaly. Greystagg shows up and Barry reveals his rather worrying fetish for boats. Greystagg gifts a visor spell before we time out in Play Your Cards Right.
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Mar 2006, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

and that story continues today...

then on to series 8!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 7 Epi 14

Post by Canadanne »

Some things I found particularly amusing in this episode:
~ Barry promising Greystagg "by the Powers That Be" that his story is true! I so love his improvisational skills (even though he does have a tendency to tie himself in knots on occasion).
~ Hordriss nearly falling off his seat in horror when Marta is transformed into Lissard!
~ After Lord Fear remarks "I do believe that a full-size Bulstrode striding about Treguard's antechamber should certainly finish him off!" and they drop the spyglass, Treguard's indignant-but-not-overly-worried "Really!" cracks me up every time I hear it. ;D
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 7 Epi 14

Post by Morghanna »

A much slower-paced episode.
Team 7 persuaded Fidjit to open the door to the fire-room and then used their potion to survive and collect some witch-amber. They were rather slow nonetheless.
Confronted by Raptor and goblins in the next room, but used their enchanted boot to squash them and escape. ;D
Entered Queen Greystagg's lair and explained the plot to her. Barry was a bit too pushy and got put in his place :D but eventually received a "REVEAL" spell.
Next courtyard contained a scroll. I assumed it was a "SURPRISE" spell, but apparently not as he didn't use it in level 2 and had no magic remaining when he entered level 3. The brollachan materialised and they were very unconvincing with their answers, but just got away with it. ::)
Entered the trial by spikes and the combo was there waiting for them. Given a hurry-up by the goblins and he very nearly over-stepped his square twice. 8-o (As team 7 have since stated that this room was back-filmed to act as a filler, it would explain why the goblin charge was not really threatening.)
Reached the tavern where Hordriss was flirting with fake-Marta. Used their "REVEAL" spell to spoil the illusion and were shown the steps down to level 3 by Hordriss in gratitude.

Reached the level 3 clue-area. Chose "freezer" & "fast-backwards" potions.
Entered the sewers and used a spyglass to discover that LF was gonna send his troll to destroy Knightmare Castle. >:(
Re-appearance of Queen Greystagg, who offered a pact with them to defeat Lord Fear. Barry received another verbal slap for being discourteous to her tho. ;D Gained a "VISOR" spell.
Entered the chaos of cards just as the bell sounded....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D