Any of the oldies still here?

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
andrewbuckley
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Any of the oldies still here?

Post by andrewbuckley »

Hi guys

Just to say I am new to this incarnation of the forum, but a few years ago I was on this site all the time putting out fan fiction and stuff, and generally talking rubbish about Knightmare with like minded people. Had some good Knightmare online friends, in particular Neil, Ross and Alex, but I managed to slip out of the circle and lose touch with most of you, so if any of you guys are still here, please get in touch.

Andrew
Last edited by andrewbuckley on 12 Jan 2005, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Any of the oldies still here?

Post by Malefact »

My word, this is a blast from the past! I think you were around before my time, too. I remember the Ask Andrew section of the (now sadly defunct) NKTP site, though. You never did answer the question I asked you. ;)

Seriously, though, welcome back. Please stay as long as you like and contribute lots. :)
Subject to change.
andrewbuckley
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by andrewbuckley »

God I forgot all about Ask Andrew - not even sure my knowledge at the moment would suffice, but, if you remember it, what was your question?!!!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oh, that's no problem. :) All it was was about the face of the original life force clock - I wonder whose face it was (failing that, whether it's male or female).
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Hello Andrew! Nice to see you back around after such a long time.

Neil is still around somewhere, as is Alex. Ross is another question...Perhaps someone knows more about where he is than I do!

As you can see, the community has grown a great deal!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
andrewbuckley
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by andrewbuckley »

Ah, in answer to your question about the life force clock, I probably didn't answer cos I don't know, but I assume it was female. More than likely belonged to a crew member, as if it had belonged to one of the original players, (s)he would probably have demanded a credit on the cast list, even after (s)he left the show. All speculation though.

Neil and Alex still around somewhere... well I never. Oh, and apparently I was last here majorly in 1999 or so, according to the one remaining item of my fan fiction still up at the site.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I reckon it's female, too. It being a crew member makes sense as well due to royalty considerations, as you say. Thanks for that!
Subject to change.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I've been here for a good while (more than three and a half years), but I'm certainly not an oldie by your standards (I mean that in a respectful way). Welcome back, anyway.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

Hi Andrew, good to hear you again. You probably don't remember me, but you used to supply me with Knightmare videos. I remember the "ask Andrew" bit, but what was the deal with the NKTP site, did it just screw up or what?

Anyway, good to have you back in the fold.
andrewbuckley
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by andrewbuckley »

Hi to you

I guess I would remember you if I knew your name, though if there is someone called Caitlin still around, I owe her 20 quid (the whole supplying tapes fell by the wayside when I moved house etc and this was an order I never fulfilled.)

As for NKTP, I don't know, I just remember losing touch with the whole world of fandom, Neil included, and my involvement with the website ended before the site itself did. It's a shame really, cos I had forgotten how much fun it all was - Neil, Alex, Ross, and not to mention guys like Adam Battersby, who used to do an RPG (played it once, got killed, not happy) and God so many more of you. Nearly 6 years ago too!!!

Anyway, nice to her from the new faces, and if any of the oldies do turn up, let me know!!!
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Hello. I've been around on and off for a little while, occasionally being pedantic and acting like an evil Wraith-like man. :) I also remember Ask Andrew, and you didn't answer my question mainly because I didn't send it. Or something. Hehehe... :)
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Andrew:

NKTP disappeared in...2002 I believe, last updated in 2001, am sure Neil can explain the reasoning behind it all.

The RPG still runs today, has not been shown for a while but hopefully that will change this year, Adam has nothing to do with it, however.

ikm.ezri.mine.nu should be very helpful to you.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

Pardon me while I do a quick bump of this thread.

Some questions of Ask Alex/Andrew I may not have received because the people who did the emailing at the time pulled the script down without telling anybody.

My archive of Ask Questions comes up to October 2002, so I do have Malefact's question re: the gender of the Life Force still on file. But by that time I'd stopped updating the site anyway so Andrew never did receive the question.

Re: NKTP as a whole, I have an archive plan for it, considering I keep coming back here and finding comments about how great it was three years on. So stay tuned for that. But it'll be in a different location on the internet bearing in mind I'm now on broadband with a different provider.
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

Oh and one more thing:

I believe some of Andrew's other fanfic is still available for downloading - if you go to http://www.nktp.freeserve.co.uk and there's a link to download some fanfic there on the main page. I forget what's in it, as I made that download about five years ago.
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 May 2005, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
andrewbuckley
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by andrewbuckley »

Allo Neil

How the hell are you?

Will be sending a PM but hi in case you don't get it