Series 2

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 2

Post by JamesA »

OK, so what were people's favourite memories of Series 2?

I have quite a few to mention here:
Team 3 - That death sequence with the Medusa!
Team 4 - First ever winning quest
Team 7 - hilariously funny, with the way Cedric ended their quest to boot
Team 10 - Another winning quest
Team 12 - Stephen's performance against Cedric!

Oh, and one I'd rather forget:
Team 6 - enough said.

;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2

Post by Ark »

I'll go with Mogdred's debut appearance. After quite a while with just  the Dungeon's hostile elements and the odd hint from Merlin about some evil power, we finally got to see the nemesis of the first half of Knightmare. And did he make his presence known! First the sudden appearance in the Level 2 Clue Room, then the Puppet's Strings taunts, and then the giant hand...

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a big Mogdred fan!
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

I enjoyed the very first winning team's quest, of course. For 10+ episodes, viewers had seen team after team fail and die at the hands of horrible monsters and evil puzzles. This team bravely pressed on through the dungeon and opened up fantastic new rooms that nobody had ever seen before. I remember the excitement I felt when I saw the Space style room with the gullotine for the first time. And when the dungeoneer leapt onto the arrows in the final room - that was heart stopping material.

My other good memories of this excellent series are the worms in level one, Olaf's hilarious looting procedure, Mogdred's evil laughter and the always fantastic bomb rooms.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Mogdred was a indeed a fabulous "new" introduction. Even though a lot of the rooms were the same as Series 1, having a major villain to prowl around and threaten teams added a new dimension. I remember being really scared when he made his "Play a while..." comments to Team 5.

I thought there were also a lot of interesting deaths this season. The turning to stone of Team 3 was nicely done, and Ariadne webbing Team 9's exits was, well, nasty. I also liked Treguard's reaction during Team 8's ordeal without the divining rod. He really sounds like he's enjoying their slow starvation. The Treguard whose motives we're unsure of is really good to watch.

Oh, and one I'd rather forget:
Team 6 - enough said.
Hmm. I've actually always enjoyed the truly awful teams, though this season I preferred Team 11, with the lovely attempt to offer Lilith an empty jar of humbugs.

As to what I didn't like:

Combat Chess- it didn't really work for me.
Casper The Key- tops my list of annoying things across the whole 8 Series on the "Grrr" thread. Though, if the Reach wand had been given a similarly annoying high pitched voice...
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

Perhaps series two was a little too easy for most of the teams. Although a few incredibly stupid ones died in level one, a lot of teams bravely ventured into the later levels and didn't have too many problems. Call me picky, but I also preferred the level 2 clue room when it wasn't a light blue colour...
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I actually liked it when the Oracle was in the clue room ;D
James Aukett
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Series two was probably the most atmospheric season of Knightmare.

It had cool incidental music (esp for Mogdred)....and it actually HAD Mogdred in (played superbly by John Woodnutt).

The nagative points must be: It seems as if peole are ALLOWED to win, eg.. CITV- "Get people to win and make the children happy or else!!"

I prefered it when they died  ::)

I liked the inclusion of Igneous...but sometime she was incoherant!  Couldn't hear a blinkin' word he said toward the end of the seaosn and his eye started tearing.

As for the odd moments..none really, except if you look closely, you can see Mogdred in the dark before he is eluminated to make the dungeoneer a "pupet".

Also, Treguards hair....euch...I mean it was a mess in S1, but he could have WASHED it for S2!

But an excellent season

9/10
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Hugo hated his hair in the earlier seasons! They used to put compost in his hair to make it as dirty as hell!
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Series 2 was excellent. A very dark, brooding series of Knightmare actually - and yes, I agree. Mogdre(a)d's inclusion was a very, very good addition to Knightmare. In fact, in this series we saw the first ever true villain, the first ever winner(s!), the best wall monsters by far (in my opinion anyway, I think Igneous was the best!) and some excellent characters (I liked Folly, well kind of, even if he was a bit irritating. Olaf was always good, and I liked Merlin, Mogdread, well... a lot, really...).

I liked the thick teams, they were good for a laugh, definitely! And the Oracle was one of the best things ever to happen to Knightmare - very good piece of under-used mythology transferred superbly into the fantasy of Knightmare to bring a real feeling of eeriness to the Level 2 clue room. Nice one! *flaps hands about*

Liked the music for series 2 as well.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I think the room with the Medusa in it probably one of the best (if not scariest) rooms featured in Knightmare  ;D
James Aukett
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

yes series 2 did have more entertainment and excitement:
Mogdred yes i was also a huige Mogdred fan!!
I loved level 3 look creepy cavernwights excellent!!!
also Lilith she was great
ooh nasty poor old akash that really was a funny quest as i'm sure you know if you've read my tes's kmare daves phrases
so much more i could say!!!!!
knightmaredave
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

SAY IT DAVE! SAY IT!!!!  ;D
James Aukett
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Or not. 'Ave it, don't 'ave it, iot's your call.  :D
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Treguard made a big improvement in series 2, as his dittys and intro/outros became less samey  (i.e.  it can't be real; can it?)
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Or:
James Aukett