Knightmare VR Pilot Discussion

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
jaydrive
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Km-VR Pilot Discussion

Post by jaydrive »

Malefact wrote: the talented voiceover as well as the attractive front end
I hope you weren't talking about the BVA character face!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

No, no, I was just complimenting the new presentation system whilst simultaneously making a snide comment about the state of today's children's programming links. :)

It'd certainly be infinitely better than the Orwellian nightmare I'm dreading will be the reality in a few decades time - the "Gaggin' 4 It!" Saturday morning show for 5-11 year olds.

Anyway, I digress!
Subject to change.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Excellent! I too was hoping for this oppurtunity, having only seen a couple of clips so far. It will be good to finally see the pilot in full. Thanks for letting us know, BVA.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

The Brollachan wrote:
tomyboy wrote: It looks good but I was wondering if they would have the orginal them tune. They could keep the theme tune but make it more modern!
I believe Tim Child posted a comment about this a while back saying that this would be highly unlikely.
I can't seem 2 find where Tim Child posted a comment about this. I hope brollochan is wrong... anyone? :-\
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

That's because his forum name is Beveryafraid or BVA for short.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:BeVeryAfraid

Post by Thequietone »

I know it is, but i can't find a post containing anything about the original theme :-\
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Sorry I misinterperated what you said. Anyway I think this is the post that the Brollachan was referring to:
beveryafraid wrote:...The original plan for the pilot sequence (NB NOT episode) was to have the dwarf tunnels fully interactive, with encounters, decisions (junctions), and perhaps some animated monsters (patrolling skeletrons, etc).
Sadly we just ran out of time and resource, so we used the tunnels models in a simple fashion with music as interstitials, to join the scenes (chambers) together.
There is no intention to do this is any production series, because in my view, while it provides continuity, it disprupts the narrative and decreases the tension.
So it was just a stog gap measure.
The original theme music isn't an Ed Welch problem. The rights are controlled by EMI music, and you can't haggle with them....
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

so, NO KNIGHTMARE THEME ON KMVR? ???
Last edited by Thequietone on 29 Sep 2004, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hope that theory doesn't stick! ::) Since when have you seen a program with no theme... Just imagine Red Dwarf with no theme music, it wouldn't be right! ::)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

I concur! Knightmare just wouldn't be the same without that oh, so exciting theme tune.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, the original Km pilot (that has never been broadcast) most likely didn't have a theme tune, either. Please consider what bva said - that this is a sequence and not an episode. A commissioned series would doubtless have a theme tune, though. However, I personally doubt that it would be that fourth variation of the original theme that I'm sure we'd all love to have. We can't have everything, though. Someone will just have to come up with a new theme that's even better. :)
Subject to change.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare theme

Post by Thequietone »

There is NO THEME better than the KNIGHTMARE THEME! >:(
Last edited by Thequietone on 29 Sep 2004, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

We have to be open-minded about this - clinging too much to how the show used to be might cause the new show to suffer. After all, Km was always changing and evolving. I understand you - I like the original theme and would very much like for it to be a part of the new series. It isn't likely to happen, though. So, we move on - otherwise it'll make it that much harder for us to accept the new series. The new series could be a very good one indeed but wouldn't stand a fair chance of acceptance if we lived too much in the past. There's nothing worse than a closed mind.
Subject to change.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Things Bags duz not like about KMVR

Post by Thequietone »

I know, but I would rather the new series had no theme than a new theme! :-\ I can't stand watching knightmare if something like th@ is wrong*. I hated the Activision game I liked it a lot less than I would have if it had had the original theme 4 th@ reason. (it had a theme that activision had composed**)

* I also dislike these things about KMVR
1. The ridiculously unrealistic way the characters move in ???
2. The way the camera is sometimes attached to the player. >:(
3. The less than imaginative dwarf tunnels :P
4. The absence of the helmet of justice and the other 2
advisors. :(

** At least i think it was created by someone @ activision. It wasn't a terrible theme, but one that made the game less playable.
Last edited by Thequietone on 01 Nov 2004, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

The theme is something we'd all like to see back, Bags, but if it's not possible then what can anyone do about it? I think the new offering may be just as good or at the very worst tolerable. Remember VR is about more than a minute of theme music and if we obsess about one detail in this manner we won't see the bigger picture. The helmet of justice is missed by me too, the other 2 advisors may be in the real series when it is comissioned.