Knightmare VR Pilot Discussion

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Re:Km-VR Pilot Discussion

Post by FrightKnight »

Ankaris wrote: When Lissard and Lord Fear are talking about Slice Me Dice Me:

"But the chances of a dungeoneer guessing it are infinitesimal. Oh how I love that word. It so describes my talents."

Is it just me or is Lord Fear saying he's useless? :D

Mistake in the script?
*Scurries to dictionary*

Oh yeah...how odd of him to say that. Perhaps he isn't as clever as I thought he was. Mind you, I doubted his intelligence when he dressed up as Brother Strange in s8, get right next to the dungeoneer, then blatantly fail to kill them unfairly.

Darn, I don't see any other mistakes...

Um, there should be a pool of water when Elly is released from her ice prison. Now I AM clutching at straws!
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

The Brollachan wrote:If todays password was today which is fish related (Friday), and the password is set to tommorrow then the password given should have been Saturday?
I was thinking of the same thing unless today was Thursday. Also in the clue room I couldn't help thinking why didn't they read the scroll instead of taking it!

Anyway is the mistake big or small? not that I'm asking for any clues.

Oh another thing (a real long shot, very unlikely though), could the mistake be the length of the episode?
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Sep 2004, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Ankaris
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Ankaris »

Nuts, well there goes my attempt at this little compo! :)
I've always wondered... would you dodge the blades in the CoB if you just lay down?
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Moana Liza wins it.

I will now delve in my goodie box and see what I can find.
ML please EMAIL me a postal address where I can send you something.

bva
play the endgame and play only to win
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

But perhaps on 2nd thoughts it should be shared with the Brollachan who made the original comment, which of course I hadn't spotted before I set the comp.
Oh dear, looks like two momentos needed and another address?
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Thought i'd return around about now... you know... too late to attempt winning competition?! :D - So, KMVR:Pilot? Basically, it's bloody marvellous! An infinitesimal (sp?!) amount better than i thought, and really makes you drool over the prospect! Pretty much stopped watching the repeats now - realising how 6-8 are so much better than at least 4-5 (only due to length!)

Feels very strange to be re-posting... Guess i "Came back to what i know..."

Knightmare: Old Skool/New Skool - THE Skool....!

PS: Latest on status of commissioning? Broadcasters like?
Last edited by Anonymous on 16 Sep 2004, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
jaydrive
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by jaydrive »

beveryafraid wrote: Some of your queries addressed:

Hugo was Hugo
Lord Fear was Mark Knight
The narrator (Goblin) and the Ogre were myself.
Nick Collett played both Lissard and Despair.
Louise Milford was Ellie

Even with sidesteps in the London tests, 3 out of 4 teams perished. It's really very, very much harder than we made it look in the recorded sequence, where obviously we only had one featured team, and for the purpose of the excercise we had to show them succeeding.
BVA - You mentioned about the teams perishing - any chance of a clip in the future showing a perishing?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Please. :)
Subject to change.
Crazedhefer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crazedhefer »

Reading through some of the posts here, it seems that not everyone can agree on what they think works and what doesn't. Having just seen the full pilot, I can now give you my thoughts:

1. I agree with everyone who has said that there should be a return of the real-life ante-chamber, with a dungeon master (probably Treguard) and maybe an assistant and a transision from real life to VR upon entry into the game.

2. I agree that the team format used in the original show should be brought back, with their role adjusted to compensate for the fact that the 'avatar' can see their dungeon environment.

3. It would be nice to have some more of the more memorable characters from the original show included, and voiced by the original actors if possible (e.g. Hordriss, Smirkenorff, Elita, Sly Hands etc.)

4. The visuals look impressive and suitably atmospheric.

5. Similarly, the music (corridor music aside) does an excellent job.

All in all, aside from one or two niggles, I am pretty enthusiastic about what I have seen so far. Yes it is not the same as the original, but then it shouldn't be and it was never going to be. It will be a brand new Knightmare, yet one which will hopefully, on the whole capture the spirit of the original show while opening up the doors for a new generation of adventure-seekers. So far, we have only had a pilot, the full show (if and when it is made) will need time to find its feet, learn from it's mistakes and allow the audience to get used to it.

Personally, I can't wait!
The only true wisdom consists of knowing that we know nothing.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

1. I'm not so fussy about a real-life anti-chamber. When making the show, Hugo would have to be there to help the advisor but if we see Treguard (and Majida!) in avator form so be it.

2. A team is important for Knightmare although two advisors might be more appropriate as the dungeoneer can see.

3. I'd like to see some series 7/8 characters return like Majida, Motley, Hordriss, Sidriss, Greystagg, Stiletta and Sly Hands as well as Treguard, Lord Fear and Lissard voiced by the original actors. This would strenghten the like link with the original series and make use of the excellent cast that had been assembled.

4/5. I think the dungeon looks good but the original theme would be a great addition.

Also a question: It might be to early to say but is the intention for a quest to redeem a clue object spanning as many episodes as it takes or for a, for example, 30-minute long self contained quest?
Good night out there; whatever you are!
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

The replacement (at last!) for the spyglasses is a vast improvement, although I hope Lord Fear takes a more active role in stopping dungeoneers dead in their tracks, perhaps in level three, Mogdred style. He still seems intent on sending his henchmen to do the dirty work, and unintentionally giving out vital information.

Treguard's face popping up offering advice was a nice touch - just like he used to in the very early series (the more retro the better!). Nice.

On the subject of the amount of dungeoneers, I think two advisors will be needed - there needs to be a certain amount of arguing/discussion, although as a demonstration, it worked fine with only one. Perhaps three will be too many, as the dungeoneer also has much more insight into his or her quest.

The highlight of the episode has to be the 'Slice me Dice me' chamber. Those clicking sounds before the axe swings are terrifying, sounding similar to a rollercoaster chain. I am confused as to how someone dies there though. What happens if you stand on the wrong tile? Does an axe kill you straight away or does the tile fall?

Anyway, I have really liked what I have seen of KMVR.
There is a consistently morbid and magical atmosphere which does the original series credit. The format seems to be working marvellously, and bearing in mind that this is only a pilot, the potential for the real deal seems very, very good. I can't wait to (hopefully) see more.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I like the blue ogre - a statement that now chromakey is no longer being used, blue characters can roam the dungeon!

Congratulations to Brollochan and Moana! Were the 'spot the non-deliberate mistake' contest still open, I would have said: in the Clue Room, the advisor refers to the spying device as a 'magic mirror' and a 'seeing stone', but Treguard calls it a 'spying orb'.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
sibecg
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sibecg »

Well Knightmare Pilot wow is all I can really say. Lets hope we see a new series very soon
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Things very busy at Televirtual as we launch the animated TV presentation system (see Kids presenters go virtual on website news), but we now have time to pump out best quality DVDs of the pilot sequence to those of you who want them. Please note these are demo versions only and may not be resold or duplicated,
as artists involved gave their performances freely.
Please send SAE (envelope suitable for DVD enclosure please) to:

KMVR
Televirtual
Thorpe Ho
79 Thorpe Rd
Norwich
NR1 1UA
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Ah, marvellous! Thanks very much indeed for that - I was deliberately holding fire on watching the pilot in the hope of being able to see it on DVD (and hence the best possible quality). Excellent. :)

The presentation system looks great, too. Best of luck with that. I imagine it will allow children's TV links to have the best of both worlds - the talented voiceover as well as the attractive front end (I doubt you could have both :))
Subject to change.