KNIGHTMARE VR

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:KNIGHTMARE VR

Post by KaM »

These are fantastic. Many thanks! The spyglass sequences in particular bring back such a reminsicence of the original Knightmare: who could ever forget the legendary combination of Lord F and Lissard? The new graphical layout is also very well textured, and it's great to see that a lot of time and effort has been spent to create the right ambience. We can only hope that the pilot goes down well with the right parties.

I think one of the encouraging things was that even though the clips demonstrate the gameplay with younger children, it's a good sign that despite the seeming ability to see, the advisor would still have a very active role ~ and so with many concerns over the differences that the absence of blindfold provides, it is reassuring that the balance of roles doesn't appear to have changed, not allowing the dungeoneer to take near sole-responsibility of him/herself. Time will tell, but it's splendid to see it all slotting together.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

New "Clue Room" clip added, it includes part of the Lord Fear sequence.

Knice.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

So we have spying orbs/seeing stones now instead of spy glasses . . .

At least there won't be any cries of "put it down"

The ending to the outtro clip is quite spooky too.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Harvey Towers wrote: Seems the combination was Lissard backwards - inspired by one of our number methinks.
I don't think Mr. Child and the team at Televirtual need the likes of me for inspiration - still, nice thought! I wouldn't mind having it confirmed one way or the other... thanks for any extra info!

All the clips are worth walking. I particularly like the tunnel sequence just before the Ogre encounter. Slightly less laborious than a Series 3 dwarf tunnel! The music is fun; it reminds me of the original recording of Venus. Good to see, in the Clue Room clip, that the advisor is enjoying herself!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Causeway clip added to Televirtual. Blimey just a few updates this week. ;)

I see that many of the basic clips are being replaced and put into longer sequences. I assume that this clip replaces the Despair and Ellisandre clips.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 13 Aug 2004, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Whilst we ponder how best to distribute you with copies of the pilot, we are now replacing some of the early assembly content with sections of the fully dubbed version.
Unfortunately it's proving quite tricky to get the lighting levels right in the AVI codecs, so some of our early attempts may be a bit dark.
Lookout for improved versions which will probably be indicated by an _bright notation.

bva
play the endgame and play only to win
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Like this newest clip - the musci at the start me reminds me of "Through the Dragon's Eye" which was a "Look and Read" story with Kinghtmarish undertones.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

wow it does look great. is the dungeoneer controlled by the other kid or does he have a screen with what he can see on. Found it good that the kids were enjoying themselves and found the music in the tunnel very funny. i liek it
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Harvey Towers wrote: Like this newest clip - the musci at the start me reminds me of "Through the Dragon's Eye" which was a "Look and Read" story with Kinghtmarish undertones.
Gosh that brings back memories, now all I have to do is try and remember the programme. Anyway it's really coming together and looking good now. I don't reacon it will be long before the first knew series hits our screens. It's just a matter of which channel will get it unless a deal has been made. I just hope that it's either on BBC2 or channel 4 (pref BBC2) so that everyone can watch it ;).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Mm. Like the two newest clips. Though - we have a lifeforce warning without showing the lifeforce clock in the causeway clip. This strikes me as being rather odd...
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

The complete version of the puzzle room is now at Televirtual
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

For those with broadband who wish to download a low-Fi version of the full pilot sequence, they may do so by going to
http://www.televirtual.com/projects/kmvr

Username: kmvr
Password: hordriss

This download is almost 50 meg, so to help bandwidth limitations I would like you to adopt the following disciplines: if your Knightmare forum membership number is even, then only download on a day of the month which is numerically even. Obviously if it's odd, your dates for download should be odd as well.
If you are under 20 do not download after 11 pm.
If you are 20 or over, do not download before 11 pm.
Will I know? Probably.

Enjoy - and I look forward to your comments.

BVA
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

forum membership number
Where can we find that out - I cannot see it in my profile.

Easier method for me to work out would be depending on status...
Level 1 & 3 dungeoneers as one group
Level 2 dungeoneers & Knights as the other group

Also may I suggest between 9am to 9pm for one group and 9pm to 9am for the other group. Personnally I am in bed trying to sleep at 11pm.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 17 Aug 2004, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Sorry - I didn't check out how easy that would be!
Let's say members alphabetically A-Q on even days; R-z on odd days. Let's make the split time before 9 for under 20s and after 9 for over 20s. I know it changes to a different date at 12, but ignore that as I don't mean to be pedantic - just trying to avoid maxing out on the website.

bva
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

If TC doesn't mind I intend to put a copy of it that on my computer than can be accessed via Kazaa. As I have high-speed broadband it may ease the bandwidth limit that Televirtual has.