KNIGHTMARE VR

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:KNIGHTMARE VR

Post by rachelesque »

nah, we should have that knightmare convention we keep on threatening and have a 24/7 screening there ;D

i personally would rather have a download. i've used soulseek to share files before and have found that useful for spreading music, resuming downloads and queueing things that are offline if webspace is an issue for uploading the file.

i can start copying in norwich to save any costs on TC part if it is needed.
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Agreed that I'd prefer a download, however I do see why others might prefer a disk distribution method.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

A lot of good ideas here. I'd like to leave the thread open for a few more days to allow others to have their say. Also Nick might care to move it to its own separate thread topic top allow more people to discover it.

Forester : I think I may have a better prize suggestion for you, I just need to check my locker of dungeon dimension goodies first. The Interactive project is deserving of the upmost encouragement!!

Suggest you all continue to check the Telvirtual development website - as we'd just about to post new treats.

BVA
play the endgame and play only to win
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

The copying idea sounds interesting to me, as I have recently released (some of you probably know of this) a collection of films my friends & I made on a DVD using a similar copying & distributing method to that suggested here then my software is up to the task. Still any way to recieve this pilot would be fine by me!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

I think allowing a choice should be allowed:

- Downloading available for thoses who have fast connections (or do not have a DVD player)
- DVD or similar format available via the distribution method mentioned earlier on a not-for-profit cost basis.

Still can't wait to see what it is like.
;)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

beveryafraid wrote: A lot of good ideas here. I'd like to leave the thread open for a few more days to allow others to have their say. Also Nick might care to move it to its own separate thread topic top allow more people to discover it.

Forester : I think I may have a better prize suggestion for you, I just need to check my locker of dungeon dimension goodies first. The Interactive project is deserving of the upmost encouragement!!

Suggest you all continue to check the Telvirtual development website - as we'd just about to post new treats.

BVA

Two treats then? Very good indeed! The first will certainly do IKM a world of good, and the second will do our curiousity a world of good too!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Atmosfear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Atmosfear »

I for one would love to see this footage - and I agree that vhs/dvd by mail is the way to go! Perhaps hosting it as xvid too for the people who are too impatient to wait for it to arrive! And for the people with no dvd player and/or no broadband - how about putting the xvid on a cd for them - that way everyone has about 3 different ways of being able to access the footage!

And goodies from the powers that be? we're not worthty :D

All we need now are regional testings of the demo - in say.. um.. Crewe ;) *cough*

Hey, I am still traumatised from never getting on the show - most probably due to the very itsy-tiny problem of never applying! ;) Think i'd pass for 14 on the new show? :D

6 foot kid with long hair and a beard? Well if that fails I can audition for a 20yr old treguard ;)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I agree with the Brollachan to have the two options of a download available from either the main site or Telviirtual site and distibutions (from Televirtual) for those who have dial-up, no dvd player, etc. .
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Atmosfear wrote: 6 foot kid with long hair and a beard? Well if that fails I can audition for a 20yr old treguard ;)
Well, I've had facial hair on and off since year 8. Used to be because I couldn't be bothered shaving, now because I can't decide if I want a beard and if so how long ;D
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I keep getting facial hair which if I left would probably grow into a beard. I only get facial hair I think because I've been stupid and keep plucking it :( :'(. Anyway enough about facial hair and back to Televirtual goodies.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

This probably won't do it justice, but I'd be happy to encode a Real format clip of the pilot (like I've done with the foreign Knightmare episodes) and put it on this website. That would be less than 5MB and ideal for dial-up users.

A high quality version should also be made available somewhere but unfortunately I would not be able to host such a large file size because it would really eat my bandwidth. ;D

Yes it would be good for some members to set up a distribution point for the DVD for those who want it. I'm not sure what the demand would be, but if a high quality download is made available first, then it's possible that many people would be happy with that.

PS: I have made this thread stickly. Unfortunatly there isn't a way of spliting the thread into two.
Last edited by Anonymous on 04 Aug 2004, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Forester
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Forester »

beveryafraid wrote: Forester : I think I may have a better prize suggestion for you, I just need to check my locker of dungeon dimension goodies first. The Interactive project is deserving of the upmost encouragement!!
That's a very generous offer thank you! And thanks for your kind words too.
Never test a mains lead with your tongue.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Forester I have an Eyeshield you may have as a prize.
It was one of 2 used in programme production. email me your address to Televirtual via the website.

BVA
play the endgame and play only to win
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Wow - what a fantastic prize. Thrilling to see such a piece of folklore history made available like this. Thanks!
beveryafraid wrote: Suggest you all continue to check the Telvirtual development website - as we'd just about to post new treats.

BVA
Have just had a look at the ogre sequence. If the early seconds are demonstrative of dwarf tunnels, then they work fairly well: they have the colour scheme that brings back memories of the mine shaft tunnel back in 1989. The idea of something guarding the door brings the required element (without a blindfold) of encountering rather than just escaping from pursuing enemy. Every step spells further progression, and a further piece in the jigsaw: will be incredible to see it all pieced together. KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Just trying to work out why I couldn't hear any sound - must be my ruddy computer.

Still looks very interesting - the more clips I see the more I am liking the new KMVR.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.