Series 3 - Episode 9

WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 Kellys team death controversy!

Post by WhiteDevil »

thanks brangwen, nice to know i've got your support  ;D

As long as i dont die by being eaten, falling into a pit, being frazled, or being killed by a witch or warlock then i dont care... [That probably suits the situation quite well as im gonna get frozen  :(]

Anyone fancy sending some money my way for a plane ticket  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 3 Kellys team death controversy!

Post by Snowwiewolf »

You could ride on Myth the dragon, but shed....
*Myth breathes blue fire at Whitedevil freezing him*
....freeze you
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 Episode 9

Post by Tom41 »

I decided to post a new topic rather than continuing the old one. The old one carries on to Episode 10 and might contain spoilers!

I missed the beginning of this episode because my videotape was in the wrong place :(. Just managed to start it as time-out ended, as the dice was opening up.

I like how they said "Go straight through the door in front of you"! Not only can the dungeoneer not see, there was the dice table in front of them!

In the bomb room, notice how the dungeoneer started moving just before the advisers said each instruction!

The dungeoneer was asked to 'speed up' in the dwarf tunnel, and did so! Just sped up the video ;)

Got food in the lair of the Kar, and just managed to escape before the snake got them! Almost stepped into the pit - in fact I think they did, but were let off.

Unusual happening in the ex-beam room (with the narrow path of tiles), the tiles disappeared after they stepped on them!

Golgarach gave some information about each riddle after they answered! One of the riddles was 'Which is deeper, the ocean or a saucer of water?' They thought it was a trick question, so answered the saucer - which was wrong ;)
Took the rose (from Golgarach's clue) and the gold.

In the Corridor of the Catacombs - did you notice that the goblins appeared to be freeze-framed for a couple of seconds before they started moving!
Met Ariadne on the cliff and just got past her! In the room that used to be Ariadne's Layer, there was a skull (skeleton head) in the right door - and another one chasing them to the door to the valley!

Goblins chased them right up until the waterfall room, where they encountered Velda (an 'indian lady' according to one of the advisers). Velda killed the chasing goblins, and mentioned that Velda was not her 'calling name'. First mention of calling names in Knightmare! Gave her a rose and gained a TRANSFORM spell from her. Oddly, they exited through the nearly-offscreen door to the right!

Next room, all doors has portcullises over them - and encountered Mrs Grimwold (and Festus). After a prompt from Treguard, used the TRANSFORM spell to turn the dungeoneer into an armored knight! Didn't hear the adviser saying 'Spellcasting', but they spelled it out very quickly! (unlike a later series)
Mrs Grimwold appeared again holding a rope, apparently attached to Festus, going offscreen. Festus is heard but never seen - but Kelly in her Knight form scared off both Mrs G and Festus!
As a knight, Kelly was able to walk straight through one of the portcullises on the doors! Notice how the knight briefly stopped before the portcullis disappeared and then started walking again.

In the next room, a skull blocked the door they came in, and there was a piece of paper on the table. They needed the crayon to draw a wellway, but didn't take it from the clue room! Mr Grimwold (ogre) came in and killed them - knice life force death animation, no red background!

Next team's advisers suggested that he tried to get a 6 on the dice - when all he needed to do was throw it ;)

This dungeoneer got stung by the scorpion and the life force was damaged!

Oh dear - a time-out while the dungeoneer is in the middle of the dwarf tunnel! Nice close-up of the bat though when the picture froze. This time the credits had an enlarged view of the Room of Fire underneath them.
Last edited by Tom41 on 21 Jul 2004, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 3 Episode 9

Post by Billy »

"Walk straight through the door in front of you" indeed! That prompted a laugh from Treguard, and deservedly so! Another laugh came from Golgarach after the team didn't answer his final riddle correctly- the first (and the last?) time a wall monster actually laughed. That's my favourite set of riddles, you know! First mention of 'Elf boots!' from Velda, a phrase Pickle would use to great effect in a Series 6 quest. Oh, and even if the dungeoneer had have rolled a 6, the CGI dice would have still landed on 1 as it's the same animation every time...but I'm sure you've all guessed that by now!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Nope Igneous laughed in series 2. I have a sound capture, which I'll probably send to Illusion.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Here's a couple of threads from this quest

http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... readid=623 and http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... readid=519

Trying to remember what I saw, here's some brief bits. I missed the beginning of the ep again and I thing I turned Challenge on when Golgarach was speaking. After the riddles, kelly was told to take the gold and the rose. In the corridor, yes I did notice the frozen goblins before they started to move. Took the door on the right as the goblins were very close behind. On a ledge, a giant Arachnid, which they get past with no problem. In the room to the long green cavern path, and a floating skull in the right hand doorway. Prompted by Treguard to hurry and make an exit, with the goblins being so close behind. Carefully guided along the green path, with the goblins still close behind. People could also be seen walking in the distance. Velda at the end of the path, who rids of the goblins. Velda offered the rose (which slightly looked like one of those fake ones), which Velda gives a Transform spell in return. Took the right hand door and ended up in a blocked room with Mrs Grimwold who boasts about Festus being hungry. Goes to get him, which meanwhile the advisor casts the transform spell and Kelly gets turned into a knight/warrier. Scares away mrs G and then they exit. Next room a room with one door blocked by a floating skull and a table/stool with something papery. Kelly is directed to the table/stool, which meanwhile mr G the Ogre comes in the room and with no means of exit, Kellys quest comes to an end.

Next team, Douglas. Start as usuall in the dice room. Roll the dice and the usual three doors are revealed. The middle one has a crown over it. In the Scorpian's room, for some reason I looked away to read something and missed the rest.

Just a though I wonder what would've happened had they had offered Mrs G the gold before she went to get Festus. Also I wonder what would've happened if they'd had taken the left exit after Velda, like other teams had done.
Last edited by Anonymous on 21 Jul 2004, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

The Brollachan wrote: Nope Igneous laughed in series 2. I have a sound capture, which I'll probably send to Illusion.
Ah, of course- but that was really a sarcastic laugh, unless I'm very much mistaken, after Treguard made a wry joke about him. "Hur...hur!" Whilst Golgarach's was caused by genuine amusement- "Ho ho ho ho ho!".
Then again, a laugh is a laugh!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Started on the wrong foot by forgetting that the dungeoneer couldn't see
Advisor: Walk straight through the door infront of you
Treguard: She can't see!
Eventually they didn't go through the central "shield" door but the right side one.

Possibly punished by this in the bomb room and then through Ka's room. Done quite well in the missing floor room, and this time the tiles disappeared from behind them.

Into Golgarach's chamber and scored 2 out of 3 with some very easy riddles (in fact they had a 50% chance of getting each right) And the last one was particularly obvious.

Took the rose "to please her" and gold but the "scribe is mightier than the warrior" hinted that they should have taken the crayon. The first step is the hop.

A novel way to guide the dungeoneer, backwards aswell as forwards.

Ariadne appeared on the ledge but was not named. Took a left in the Corridor of the Catacombs and onto the valley.

Met Velda who zapped the goblins and the team gave her a rose. Gained the spell TRANSFORM.

Met Mrs G. and used the TRANSFORM spell to turn the dungeoneer into a kinght. The second step is the diamond.

A lock-in in the well way room. The team needed the pencil to draw a wellway but instead the skull and ogre appeared.

New team went through the crown door in the dice room, past the scorpion and into the dwarf tunnels before timing out.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

This team was mildly entertaining. A little dizzy at times, dithering a bit. First time I've seen the floor tiles in the ex-laser room vanish. Genuinely thought we'd get to see Festus for a moment. No such luck. Ah, well. At least we got to see the oh, so fetching death force sequence. Just a pity it was sped up. New team look eager, but we'll see. However, for me, the high point of this episode was Ariadne's cameo. Love that spider!
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
chrysalis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by chrysalis »

just watched this episode, the team seemed dim, not taking the obvious door in the dice room and after they seemed to be given a hard quest probably as punishment. The advisor nearest to tregaurd recovered and was good but ultimately they made too many mistakes.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

What is the Dungeon?

Post by Canadanne »

The scene on the valley path reminds me of something from a favourite film of mine:

"Onward, team, onward, or the goblin scouts will be upon you...
Were you listening to me, team? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?"

Spookily, the scene in the movie is set to a well-known track called 'Clubbed To Death'... and you may recall what happened to this dungeoneer a couple of rooms later. :p

The woman in the red dress makes a further, equally mysterious appearance in episode 16. Man, there is amazing crossover potential here... has it really not been done already?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

What did Treguard call his 2nd sword again?

Post by Drassil »

Unless you count this sketch and those following, this minimally subtle plot turn and this greeting, then no, no it hasn't been done. :P
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3 - Episode 9

Post by Canadanne »

And now for the latest round of 'What the heck is Velda saying'... what the heck does Velda say after chasing off the goblins, just before "Those things give me the shivers"? I'm not even sure if it's meant to be English or some other language!
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

I believe it's Olde English/Technically Elvish coming from Velda. I'll have to rewatch this and see if I can hear her properly. It's definitely garbled, as is often Miss Natasha's way... from what I can tell it's 'The shield of....*something I can't hear* that's better...' and on into the whole disliking the darklings thing.

Thoughts on the episode:

Indian Lady? Velda? IN WHAT WORLD! *laughing rather hard*
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stevendoig »

Watching lots of Knightmare with my 8 year old the now (well, whats left on youtube at the moment)

We both agreed that spying the two figures (including a strange red one) at a distance while looking out over that big long path was a very strangely creepy moment...

Who was the red person - Hordriss? If so, where did he go?