S3 - Pool Room Uses

KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

S3 - Pool Room Uses

Post by KFan »

Hi!

I feel that the pool room in series 3 was underused, and there could have been alot more uses for it. The fishing out of the exit was pretty cool, and so was the draining of the water.

Try to make your own ideas up
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:S3 - Pool Room Uses

Post by Drassil »

They could have had a character out on the water, in a boat... which they did in later series!

Perhaps a resident 'water monster' - an elemental balance to the wall monsters? Aquaeous Of Legend, perhaps...

---

In Ross' quest, the monster's stomach led to the Pool Room after the egg gave the monster indigestion. Does this mean that the room is a kind of lavatory/sewage works? If so, then Motley was a little hasty in going there for a bath!
Last edited by Drassil on 24 Sep 2005, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

I quite liked when there was a shark in the pool room (only happened once, if I remember right) and also when one of those magic swords came out of the pool.

What would be good is if the water swirled and turned into a huge hand that chased the dungeoneer until he reached the exit. But that would probably require more advanced real-time 3D rendering (to cope with the dungeoneer's movements) which simply wasn't available in 1989.
These days, a regular PC or games console can create the necessary effect in real-time, easily!
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

The pool room was underused when you consider that the Dunswater and the Sewers of Goth were used in ever quest within their own series.

I love the series 8 moment with the miremen in Goth and it's a shame that they didn't have a similar moment in Series 3.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Maybe the room could start to overflow, and fill gradually with water. This would be a cue for the dungeoneer to exit with haste.

Could have had a mermaid i.e a heroine much like Gwendoline, velda etc but one that lives in the water and gives helpful advice to dungeoneers.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Drassil wrote:Perhaps a resident 'water monster' - an elemental balance to the wall monsters? Aquaeous Of Legend, perhaps...
... a Lochness Monster type creature.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Well, I suppose we could always use the pool to drown Gretel. Or maybe just hold her under for a while and tell her it'll make her beautiful.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

Thankfully gretal was dead before the S3 pool room thanks to the appearence of the much less annoing melliesandre. What if a wellway appeared from the pool room and rised out of the water the wouldve been a spectacle but it was a fake and they died of drowning. they souldve used the pool to restore life force.
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Wasn't there Jaws music when the shark came on?

I always used to like the Pool room. I don't think it was particularly under used because there were so many different rooms to use in series 3.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, if it were the Jaws theme exactly, John Williams might have had something to say about it. :) As it is, I think it's a nudge-and-wink parody of it.
Subject to change.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Yeah that was it. The music was made to sound like the Jaws theme but it sticks in my mind as the actual Jaws theme. Sometimes they do a parody of Axel F on the Simpsons that has a similar effect.
steved
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Shark pool

Post by steved »

Does anyone remember the shark pool room? I can't remember what srries it was from but it was pretty weird and scary! The dungeoneer had to walk througha pool with a shark in it!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Shark pool

Post by Drassil »

Hi, steved, and welcome to the forum. The pool room appeared on Level 1 of Series 3 a number of times, though the shark's fin was only seen there once (Martin's quest, Team 11). If you check the Series 3 pages on knightmare.com, you can find a picture of that. It certainly put the advisors into a panic.

There's an interesting topic about the room here: http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... eadid=1577

I was thinking recently about the occasion when a sword rose out of the water. Could it have been a Lady Of The Lake reference?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
MrP
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MrP »

Drassil wrote: I was thinking recently about the occasion when a sword rose out of the water. Could it have been a Lady Of The Lake reference?
I always assumed that was the case - nice little touch I thought. I also vaguely remember the shark fin's appearance being accompanied by some Jaws-like music!
If this were really happening, what would you think?
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

This was always my favourite room when I was young. It had good suspense. Martin's quest was also one of my favourites due to this!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'