Series 3 - Episode 7

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Series 3 - Episode 7

Post by Purgatory »

my god that team on saturday had no chance.. not only was crossing over them slabs was hard due to their place ment but also the attack from TWO skulls?

they had no chance.. if they made it over that crossing they probs would die from the ghosts..or do the ghosts only damage life force?

also this new team getting eating by that snake was rarther silly, and that they had to fish for a door ! LOL, but so fair they have had almost the same room set up as the other team, and that woman falling down the hole again lol and counting to ten wastes life force how could the dungeon master tell them to do such a thing..blah
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Jan 2011, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to improve navigation
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: No chance

Post by JamesA »

You're clearly talking about Series 3 Team 5's death, yes it was hard, but was also beatable as proved by teams 2, 7 & 10. The skulls would have only damaged their Life Force, really they are only a way of getting the dungeoneer to hurry up.

And for the "woman" (or Mellisandre) falling through the trapdoor, it's something known as WHAT'S IN THE SCRIPT.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

i missed knightmare yesterday :(

Post by Catacombite »

can someone tell me what happened on yesterdays knightmare (Jan 25th) i missed it :(
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: i missed knightmare yesterday :(

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

There are good quest summaries on this site which are good if you miss an episode. Anyway:

The surviving team from Suffolk died in the next room as they guided their dungeoneer off a ledge. There were two haunting skulls which probably panicked them a bit.

The new team spent the rest of the episode navigating level 1. Scored 2 with Brangwen, and learnt their Quest was to Free the Maid (Mellisandre), who's again fallen down a trapdoor. They use a rotten egg to escape from the serpent's stomach (it had swallowed them), and a fishing line to retrieve an exit from the pool room. Winning a BIG spell from Motley, they use it to enlarge the dungeoneer when faced with Olaf.

The episode ends with the dungeoneer landing onto the spindizzy at the start of Level 2.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 26 Jan 2003, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

thanks m8
thrifty_squirrels

Post by thrifty_squirrels »

there was a lady wall monster that did FALSEHOOD! but she wasnt as goos at it as last weeks wall monster and she did not cross her eyes as she said 'hood' which disapointed me greatly! >:(
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: No chance

Post by Purgatory »

yes, well they did it once didnt need to do it twice
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3, team 6 at the serpent's tongue

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I wonder what would have happened if the team had stepped onto the ledge at the serpent's tongue scene - because he ended up in the stomach and needed the egg to get out. Would the team have not needed the egg  if they had managed the challenge correctly? Or would it have been contrived so that they would have ended up in the stomach whatever happened?
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3, team 6 at the serpent's tongue

Post by Fidjit »

Well I think they couldn't have done anyway... I mean, how else is he gonna use the egg. Give it to Grimwold the Ogre or his wife... In exchange for food... Or a step clue...

"The third step is the THROWER..." (Lobs the egg at Festus)

But as I mentioned before, Martin (Team 11, Series 3) took a bottle of some sort but never used it...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think there was no question of them not ending up in the stomach, otherwise all the other teams would have been provided with something to help them escape.
Subject to change.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I think the funny thing here is that the tounge did not seem to go any faster than in previous or later episodes.  There definatly was time to get off but I do agree with malefact as I think they were forced in.  If they wernt forced in then I dont think is too hard to come up with another use for an egg.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I think the egg was there because even if they'd been quick, they'd have been swallowed by the snake anyway.  
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yes, perhaps they would have been sucked into the Serpents mouth?
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Hi all, isnt there another situation where a team ends up in the serpents stomach but all you see is them walking through the stomach like a goblin tunnel scene and then ending up outside the serpent and they didnt have too use anything too get out?
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ Yes.

If u watch the sistuation with the egg u'll notice u never see them walk into the mouth, the clip keeps on the advisers. and they seem to just allow their team member to continue walking.  Really is odd