Re:Forum Concern...

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Hey, it wasn't us who knocked you out on penalties! You still had a chance, and you blew it.

Better luck this coming season, eh?

(Football, in case the rest of you were wondering)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Nah, Malefact and Kieran have been on this forum longer and have been recent visitors so you have to agree to that...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Congrats to Kieran and Malefact on their 'Promotion'.

Both have their heads reasonably well screwed on and have enough sense between them to serve this community well.

For anyone who may be worried about potential 'cliqueism' my answer is:- 'Don't be...'. Remember that the word 'Community' implies some amount of democracy IE even the moderators can be moderated! :)

If all us real fans continue doing what we've been doing since the beginning IE "Keep the heid". The whole thing should tick-over just nicely...
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

Going back to FK.....

No. It also wasn't us that fielded an inelligiable player and somehow got away with it.

You should have had six points taken off you for the season just ended, not carried over to next season.

The season when the offense is commited should be the season where the punsihment takes effect. You'd be saying the same if it was the other way around.
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Eh? What? Since when are Chester gonig to start on -6 points next season? Since when did they field an illegible player? Or did I read something about that, but nothing came of it....still, Burton Albion lost 1 point because of it, so even if your accusation were true, we'd still have won the Conference.

And promoted to League Two...

Still, we don't want any irony here, where an argument starts after congratulating moderators, who would then have to moderate the thread where they are being congratulated.

Oh, the mere thought of it gives me a headache. 8)
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

Actually FK you're wrong on those facts.

Chester finished on 92 points with 85 goals for and 34 against giving a difference of +51

Hereford finished on 91 points with 103 goals for and 44 against giving a difference of +59

If it had been treated fairly and a point had been taken off you when it should have been Hereford would have automatically gained promotion on goal difference, you would have had to make it through the playoffs.

As you say. No arguement here. Just stating facts.
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

It does, of course, go all hypothetical, and would have made for a right hum-dinger of a final-day confrontation between the two teams, as Chester wouldn't have played as care-free as they did that game (nor would Hereford). I got confused with the F1 standings last year (that was 93 to 91 points at the top).

Still....as long as you beat Carlisle I'll be happy.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Semtex Jack could you end the football arguement on this forum, and take FrightKnight back to your Castle Argument to argue it out. Else we risk taking this thread too far off-topic.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

*Cough* Fascist *Cough Freedom of Speech and all that*

Any FK. It doesn't matter now. We've kept most of our team so should be able to beat everyone off next season (Hopefully) as it was really only ever a two horse race.

Carlisle will be no porblem :)

Anyway, surely Brollachan you can see how the conversation flowed into this so it's a natural progression. Hmmmm, Forum Problems - Appointing Moderators- State of the water in various parts of the Country - Football. Logical see :-\

lol
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Well I suppose its my fault then? ;) After all I offered Kieran and Malefact a glass of tap water.

::)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

This conversation is more suitable in the Off topic forum.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Eeeeexactly! ;D

And the cunning test to the moderators has been passed. If they were too strict, all these posts would have gone. Cunningly, they didn't.

Yes, that's what it was. A test. Ahem. ::) ;D
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

Of course it was. FK doesn't live in Chester and I have never even heard of Hereford.

A test gentlemen. That is all.

Not that it matters anymore today. Time for a smoke break then wind up ready to go home for the Knight. Yay!
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
Forester
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Forester »

So... Kieran & Malefact are the new operators.

Never before has such news filled me with the amount of disgust that I feel right now. I mean how could you appoint someone who had hands like a giant, they're very threatening hands! Not the sort of a welcoming person. And I have seen these hands in person and I have felt their wrath, namely whilst attempting to prod the back of the owner of said hands with a pin but none the less wrath I have felt.

And the other, well he's a fractal! A mathematical equation... Where's the humanity in that, I want a person not a robot. Sure it may be a very pretty fractal but mathematical it remains. The logic of maths is of no use at all, I demand a moderator who inflicts their will with motivation and bias for great evil should they bring to the people of this forum. Knewbies should be made to kiss their feet before even entertaining the idea of starting a thread.

No I am not a happy man, and with discontent I shall remain until chaos and misery is brough unto all.

NB. For thos who don't understand, this post is a totally pointless joke. Everything in it should be reversed really. Oh except the bit about Kieran's big hands.

NB^2. For those who still don't understand that this is a joke, note how the post contains a large dose of contradiction.
Never test a mains lead with your tongue.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

?...?...?...?...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/