Re:Forum Concern...

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

True, that's a good point. Starting lots of new topics squeezes out the others, which is unfair.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I hold my hand up as being slightly guilty to starting topics the same/similar to one I started before, but usually one I started many months before hand that would take ages to find or and which can't remember if they are on the same board. Most of the time I do try and find a related topic, which was already started and last replyed to months before hand and reply to that. Anyway I do at best try and stay out and not get involved in arguments. I have on a few occasions have felt like reporting the odd member, usually one as the one memntioned. There was another one a long while back (who was banned) also, who I found quite offensive with some of their sometimes suggestive posts and another more recent one, who hasn't seemed to have been around lately, who I've slightly found offensive. I havn't had to report anyone as action was taken before hand or they decided to step back. Going off topic I have suggested to topic on the Challenge forum about what needs improving, that that forum definately needs to be modified much better.

Anyway back to this forum, I think as The Brollachan has suggested the mods be given a months trial. To make it somewhat fair, I think that there should be two selcted members each month 'mod duty'. So that each month there are two different members, i.e. in July there should be two memebers and then the next month two different ones.

PS Just a thought, with Mystara being a mod for the 'Bring Back Knightmare' board and not being around here that often, unless he lurks frequently, perhaps BVA could be a mod on the Knews board :D. Okay thats just one of my "Bright ideas" and it's just a thought, I'm not being serious about that thought.

(reminds me, I must do more work on my site but that's another story)
Last edited by Anonymous on 20 Jun 2004, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Hee hee! The thought of BVA being a moderator is amusing... probably 'cuz he's more of a news service here than anything else. In fact, if he was given moderator services, he'd more than likely get people pestering him for favours...

...okay, I know yours wasn't a serious suggestion, Liza, but it made me giggle!

Just because nobody's mentioned this so far... Mystara/Alan is a moderator of the BBK board since he was kinda 'in charge' of the BBK campaign for a time; www.bringbackknightmare.co.uk is still active if anyone wants to take a look.

I don't want to make assumptions (so correct me if I'm wrong, Illusion!), but I'm thinking that Mystara/Alan was given honourary moderator status over the BBK board as a kind of... symbol, if you will. As far as I know, he lurks but doesn't post... doesn't that sound familiar? ::)

I think extra moderators would do the trick, but I agree that they should only be allowed to moderate genuinely offensive posts.

And giving moderator status to someone who thinks too much of themselves would be disastrous (note: not that I'm saying anyone on this board is like that, my views are my own and not for broadcast here). I'm a member of quite a few boards over the internet and I've seen moderators who are moderators because they're, say, the admin's girlfriend (hey, it's happened!) abuse members just because they don't like them.

And get away with it.

The Knightmare board used to be such a welcoming, humorous place. Let's work at making it brilliant again.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Pooka wrote:I don't want to make assumptions (so correct me if I'm wrong, Illusion!), but I'm thinking that Mystara/Alan was given honourary moderator status over the BBK board as a kind of... symbol, if you will. As far as I know, he lurks but doesn't post... doesn't that sound familiar? ::)
The Bring Back Knightmare section of the forum replaced the Bring Back Knightmare Yahoo Group! (which wasn't much used), which Mystara moderated. Hence why he is a moderator.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

The Brollachan wrote: Still why would anyone want to base their username on a dodgy premiership football club? ::)
Oi Cheeky!! lol First post in around a month i think after the ill-fated Series 1 Ep 1 topic i started 2days early - ok, i know, it was a little childish, what with at the time 3 of us trying to get the topic started, but it was only fun, nothing serious, and i did not feel it justified to be called stupid either. I think the forum has become too serious, with many not taking jokes *Not referring the the Series/Episode thread - although glad to see it was my topic that got the episode forum going - kinda!* and it becoming too on edge. As for moderators, my votes go to Grimaldine Grimwold and Emii. Mainly because i think they would be fairest, and have a quiet word before issuing a warning unless something extreme went on. I will try and post again now, but the enjoyment for me has dwindled. I really think people should read what is said, rather jump to conclusions that it is offensive - e.g - the football comment - I believe it was Malefact who said that surely people could use any name? Well, of course they can, but i believe Brollachan was saying it in a marginally sarcy-jokingly offensive way?
Anyways, i really hope the forum shores up to being fun and lighthearted with reasonable passionate debates again - that's what makes made these forums worth posting.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Ah. My interpretation was quite possibly wrong, then. I try to interpret the spirit of a post through things like smilies. In this case, it was a ::). If it were a ;) instead then I'd have interpreted it in a jokey manner. This is only the way I operate, though.

Wrong interpretation can be troublesome, it seems.
Subject to change.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I'm pleased to announce that I have appointed Malefact and Kieran as moderators for the General Discussion board. We are just going throught the guidelines, and I hope to go live later this week.

Initially the whole moderator idea will be a one months trial, and I'd appreciate any feedback from members during the trial.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I just looove the sig, Illusion... ;D

Anyway, Kieran, Malefact, good choices. I would have been a bad choice, almost as bad as someone not here now...

(Well, maybe not quite as bad as superTottenham, or whatever his name was. They'd have a good career as a coach/trainer..."Come ON, MORE effort!"
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I'm pleased to announce that I have appointed Malefact and Kieran as moderators for the General Discussion board.
Good idea! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

FrightKnight wrote:Anyway, Kieran, Malefact, good choices.
I agree with the above choices, though I am surprised that Grimaldine Grimwold was not chosen.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Simple reason there- GG hasn't been posting for a couple of months....sadly.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Thanks very much indeed for all your faith and support. I promise to do the best job I can for you.
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I echo Malefact's statement. It is something of an honour to be given such a role in such an important community, I shall do my best for the job that has been handed to me.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

I'm also surprised Emii wasn't chosen!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

In a list of 582 members, there can be only one!

Or two, in this case.

Or three, if you count Illusion.