Treguard in series 8

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Treguard in series 8

Post by knightmaredave »

What is it with Treguard in series 8, he was so quiet and let majida start shouting and get excited
Treguard had lots of opportunities rto get a bit more Treguardish
e..g when that really sarcastic team of boys (team 4) were in the rune puzzle and the troll almost got them Treguard said very quietly
(you're taking too long)
and his ooh nastys were not at all up to scratch for deaths 3, 4 and 5
also when Raptor came along he simply just said, well what are you going to do??
maybe he was quite sad that he knew his season was only to be 10 runs not 15??
Oh well
Majida did get a lot stronger though in series 8 and really took her role to hear i feel!
knightmaredave
Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Treguard in series 8

Post by Raven »

Majida is annoying, Treguard was better on his own I feel.
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Since Pickle was nervous and half-witted he never spoke nearly as much...

Since when do you see Pickle describing a causeway, Majida describes how the Fireball Puzzle worked in S7
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Treguard's demeanour has changed throughout the history of the show. In series 1, he's moody and malicious and rather enjoys it when team's suffer. :)

In series 2, he's... well... demented!

From series 3 onwards he adopts the familiar 'knightly' persona. In series 7 and 8 his geniality is threatened by Majida, which is probably the main reason why it's funny! I see what you mean, though, about his series 8 pose. I think in series 5 onwards, when a better distinction was made between the Opposition and the Powers that Be, Treguard became far more concerned with the performance of teams (keeping score of failed teams, for example). I think I prefer the earlier idea, though, when he wasn't quite on the side of the teams. :)
Subject to change.
Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Raven »

I absolutely hated it when the opposition came in. I liked it when they explored a deep dark dungeon, with free-lance creatues roaming. Later on, it wasnt not really a dungeon. The three levels were completely different places, not floors of the dungeon. It wasnt as classic.
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

As I've said before, I liked the Treguard / Majida relationship in series 8. He was a "mad uncle" character that guided both "his niece" and the dungeoners. Theire was a strong relationship with these two, which was not present either with Treguard and Pickle or Treguard on his own.
Good night out there; whatever you are!