The series that scared you the most

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

Which series gave you the most knightmares?

eries 1
6%
eries 2
28%
eries 3
22%
eries 4
6%
eries 5
No votes
eries 6
11%
eries 7
17%
eries 8
11%

Total votes: 18

123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The series that scared you the most

Post by 123Pooka »

Guess this is a hard one to decide on, as you might have been more scared of one particular thing in a number of different series, even so, perhaps there was one which had more elements of fear in.
So which series (if u ever were scared of something in knightmare) do you remember feeling the most fear for?
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:The series that scared you the most

Post by Mogdred »

Series one and two, as I was old enough to compregend what was happening, yet young enough to scare easily. And CATACOMBITES!!!!!!!!!
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Season 3. It had all the scary elements of the first two, but many of them were enhanced, and it had loads of newer, tougher stuff. It also had the skull hauntings to hurry teams up with, and the moaning noise they made always freaked me out.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

The catacombite was rather nasty, so any season where that was shown really! I will go with S2 however, as I also hated the automatum.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Has to be Series 3 for me. I was scared of a few things - Golgarach the wall monster, the bats flying around in the tunnels, and of course the Gargoyle and Medusa!

But still not scared of the Life Force Death or Floating Skulls ;)
Last edited by Tom41 on 14 Jun 2004, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

I will go with Series 8. It was a return to the dungeon style gaming and had plenty of things too hurry teams up (Sound of the Red Dragon approaching, Goblins & Trolls). It also had those spooky Dwarf Tunnels, nothin like Series 7 though. The background music was the thing that made this series more scary than earlier ones because it added to the idea of panic and tension when something was coming, especially the new music added when a troll as apporaching as a team completed the Runes Puzzle.
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
ChrisKmfan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by ChrisKmfan »

For me series 2 scared me the most,it was the first series of Knightmare I first saw back in 1988 and Mogdred's voice used to freak me out and the way those mechanical warriors used to move,very creepy indeed.
Very Impressive and scary at the same time.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Series 1 and 2 scared me the most I think. Well I was only five/six!!! Lord Fear's appearance in series 5 was rather worrying too, I remember being really freaked out by his eyes when the team held the spyglass too long, and I used to get really scared! ;D

You'd think that by the age of eight/nine (My birthday is in september so when the series would have started I would have been eight and nine after the first couple of episodes!) I would have been a little more braver...but nope, not at all! I've always been a bit of a wuss when it came to creepy stuff! Hopefully I'm a bit better at twenty-one...or at least I pretend to be!! :-[
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Life Force II! ;D S 6, and 7
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'd have to say series 2, if only because of Tony's death. A fresh-faced, six year-old Malefact was scared s***less. :)
Subject to change.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

You'd think that by 11 Knightmare would no longer have had the power to scare. Not so when the Dreadnaught was around.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Series 2 and 3 seem to be the most knightmarish so far. They were certainly 'the darker era of knightmare', especially with the likes of mogdred, morghanna and the catacombites.

I voted series 4 because it was the first knightmare I ever watched back in 1990 and vividly remember the crumbling bridge scene with mogdred and Giles, I was terrified lol :o
Last edited by 123Pooka on 28 Jul 2004, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Voted series 7 because it was the first time I really got into it - and it *really* scared me at the time.

I see most people consider series 2 to be the scariest - I haven't seen that yet so I can't wait for it to begin on challange - that'll be Thursday if I'm right...
Last edited by beamrider2600 on 15 Jun 2004, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Yeah, it would have to be Series 2 for me also. Dunno whether that's because it was the first time I watched it (and hence younger) or perhaps because it was a particularly scary series.

The mine cart ride used to freak me out also! ;D
You're on the edge of a ledge...
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I think series 2 and 3 were the scariest (even though I'm very much a series 2 virgin, and have only seen one episode)...

Mind you, series 6 got a bit "scary" when they introduced the sound effects, almost like something from a horror movie.