Series 1 - Episode 2

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 1 Episode 2

Post by HStorm »

Tom41 wrote: Since when have teams only been allowed to take one item from a clue room? Reminds me of Akash's team in another series...
Well in fact teams have always been allowed to take only one object if they wanted to, that's their decision. Not a wise one of course, but still their choice. The only limitation is that they aren't allowed to carry MORE than two at a time.

By the way, Akash didn't make do with one object in the next season, he just took a very obviously WRONG object... ;D
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 1 Episode 2 *NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't think we aught to go into Akash nor his quest quite yet.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

True, this series is, understandably, just not as polished as others.
I think this is a case though of watching Series 3-8 on Challenge which are all great series, and then when watching Series 1, it just seems a bit rubbish and very outdated, and its just something we havnt been used to in seeing. Its still good to watch it from Series 1 again though

Comments on this episode

Thought the team were funny in the clue room, They tryed to pick up items in the middle of the riddles and when the wall monster appeared first of all as well.

The Death - It was an unfortunuate death, but they only had themselves to blame. First They were told they could pick up 2 items when they started the quest, and also one of the girls was clearly heard saying

" I'm sure that relates to picking up the comb, so shall we pick up the comb"

How sad when they quickly ditched that idea, and picked up the soap, but if they picked up the comb as well, they would have survived. Also trying to think what the soap would be used for, but it could be used in the serpants stomach to escape????? So YES a sad death and it could be said that Why didnt Treguard Tell them to pick up another item, but they were told anyway, so its still their fault.

Team 3 - Whats with the dungioneer, He keep holding his arms out, and he looks funny and looks more like a puppet ;D

Odd Things - Did anyone notice that on both times for Team 2 and 3, that the life force resetted BEFORE they put the food into the napsack in the clue rooms. Also when Team 3 left the Clue room, It made the room change noise/animation and yet the team were no where near the door.

Funny Stuff - When Team 3 get all 3 questions right, Treguard says quite clearly and loudly they can call out "I Command You to get a bonus" but I burst out laughing when the dungioneer said " So what should I do now then" and then its made worse when the team discuss with him what he should take. Treguard has to remind them AGAIN to yell out "I command You" and yet they still dont do it for about a brief second, So funny ;D

Anyway Roll on Episode 3 :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 08 Jun 2004, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Treguard probably thought... for goodness sake are you deaf or just very stupid.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The gong made its debut in this episode.

A fair few of the characters in this series have yet to make their debut because they're based in Level Two and no team has managed to get there yet.

Doubtless the first team in today's episode didn't read the rules properly, or at least didn't interpret them intelligently enough. The Adventurer's Code states that a Dungeoneer may carry a "maximum of two" objects. This implies that if you *can* carry two, you ruddy well *take* two!

Series 1 suffers in a similar way to series 4 and 7 in terms of repetitive dialogue, I think. Series 2 improves vastly, though, with a lot more variation. I'll say no more, though. :)
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Not to bad,
But i don't like the way Treguard has to repeat the rules of the clue room questions right after the monster as said it.

2-0 so far, We had a team locked in a black room and died of starvation and another fell to there death thanks to the evil Lilith.. well if you could call that falling..

And i think the Actors.. who with seen are still getting into character.. Treguard still doesn't sounds quite right... but season one was never at best.. it just special..and when your trying something new for the 1st time you can't expect it to work straight away.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Treguard sounds absolutely right in this season. He doesn't yet sound like he did in later years, but that's because they decided to change him from early in season 3. He CEASES to sound right after that.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Well, team 2 bit the dust...

Olgarth/Gantinas was seen twice! Team 2 take one object from the clue room after scoring fully!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Haven't seen the episode, but something I'm in fact surprised that was not mentioned: Treguard saying "This one is called Olgarth..." when it was Granitas. I'm wondering whether:

a) Hugo Myatt made a genuine mistake (teething problems) and Guy Standeven ad-libbed (and it was decided to continue the theme) (my personal opinion), or
b) it was all scripted

I think the former, but what does everyone else think?
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

It feels scripted to me, it seems Treguard is just waiting for the joke to be broken.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I think this is a case though of watching Series 3-8 on Challenge which are all great series, and then when watching Series 1, it just seems a bit rubbish and very outdated, and its just something we havnt been used to in seeing. Its still good to watch it from Series 1 again though
Well, as I've said I haven't watched KM for many months now - missed series 5-8.

When this first series was shown on Sci-fi, we'd just watched series 8, I don't know, a year before? At the time I assumed it was an all-new series and it had just changed channels - and I wasn't too happy about it I thought "whoa, this new series is crap" - I thought they'd really messed it up having not seen it the first time around. Sadly we got rid of cable TV a week later so I couldn't see it anymore...
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Kieran wrote: It feels scripted to me, it seems Treguard is just waiting for the joke to be broken.
In my opinion, it's a recurring joke in every team's quest. Whichever monster (Olgarth or Granitas) Treguard says, it'll always be the other one ;)
At least, that's how it was in Series 2 if I remember right.

Are we going to see Igneous of Legend in the 'red' clue room? Or is that another season? ;D
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Igneous arrives for Season 2, and jolly bad tempered he is too!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Tom41 wrote: Whichever monster (Olgarth or Granitas) Treguard says, it'll always be the other one ;)
At least, that's how it was in Series 2 if I remember right.
I'm afraid you don't remember right. That joke never surfaced in season 2 at all. Just as well really, it was getting awfully tired before season 1 finished.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

:| just been watching this ep. im thinking although mave's team scored 3, i'm sure they thought they were only allowed one item. and if you watch after they've taken 1, treguard actually hurries them out of the room! team 1 got "you need to take some items". tad unfair methinks but then again series 1 was harsh as most of them had no idea what it was gonna be like.
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%