Series 7 ep 4

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 7 ep 4

Post by MoanaLiza »

Either my clocks are fast or the forum clock is slow. Anyway go ahead guys!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 ep 4

Post by Dunshelm »

This was definitely an improvement over the previous few in series 7. First room with Sidriss was great, with the dog transformation, then an ultra creepy dwarf tunnel followed by Smirkenoff actually attacking Raptor with a fireball. From one fireball to another, a whole separate story about Hordriss being zapped by a green fireball gets resolved too! Great episode!
But did they choose correctly?
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Yes, Series 7 is starting to get pretty good now. This team are doing pretty well so far, they have a nasty habit of talking over other characters (although they've downplayed this a bit recently) but, apart from that, they seem to be on a roll...except, agreeing with Majida right at the end, I have a nasty feeling that they shouldn't have taken the Silver in the clue room, considering they picked up some gold in the Trial by Spikes. Speaking of which, that was a great puzzle. It harked back to the causeway days of old, and was pretty suspenful. Unfortunately, there's no way you can fall off anything now, and the addition of a Frightknight timer would be nice. Oh well. Onto the rest of the episode now, Rothberry's growing on me, managing to get some funny lines in the process, and it was good to see Hordriss back to his normal self after him and Grimaldine had their little 'test match' (Is it me, or did one of the advisors call him 'Pearldress'?). Making Nicola run through them was a neat touch, it again reminded me of the old style puzzles. I guess we'll have to wait until the next episode to see what really happens to Nicola and co, they very well might make it to Level 3 again!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Double Standards!

The Indian Girl team from Series 6 called Hordriss with "MARIFACT" and he didnt appear, todays team did and he appeared.. DOUBLE STANDARDS!

My little outburst out of the way. An enjoyable episode with more action. Trial By Spikes was good, but nothing compares to the causeways...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
LordFear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LordFear »

I agree, the Series is definitely picking up pace, and I loved the scene with Smirkenorff and Raptor.

That said though, I think Treguard and Majida giving the teams far too much help this Series, straying into making things blatantly obvious at times and therefore (in my opinion) taking some of the fun away from the show, where success or failur is supposed to depend on the teams making the right selections and using the spells at the appropriate time, without any outside help (I mean, I'm not averse to the odd bit of prompting, but it just seems to me like it's occuring far too often thus far this series).

Fear

PS: Alert the world's media, Hordriss actually admitted that he needed someone else to help him. That has to be a first (and a last, knowing that pompous old fool)
Live in Fear....
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

The person who was being served by Rothberry was Young Grimwold.

Lord Fear annoyed as ever.

Introduction to Trail By Spikes.

But I have a sinking feeling about whats going to happen next.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Was it me or did Young Grimwold look really sad?
LordFear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LordFear »

Yeah, he did look a little sad.

Probably to do with the fact that, over the last few seasons, his family has been reduced from having a major role to being nothing more than an occasional bit part.

Money must be tight in the Grimwold household these days, with the only income (so far as I can tell) being the appearance fees from his occasional (non-speaking, which pushes the fee down) roles over the last 2 Series'.

With those kind of money worries, and Festus to feed, I think you'd feel miserable too.

Fear
Live in Fear....
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

That's probably why GG hasn't been around for a long time!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i missed it >:( :'(

At least i can keep upto date thanks to this little place. :)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Suicidal_Steve
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Suicidal_Steve »

o i loved this episode and i always love the creepy scene on the dwarf tunnels when the team was being stalked o how i love that.............so tence ;D
Do i Type Somthing In Here Or What?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

got to see it,
It was a good episode,
Um Hordiss not as powerful as he believes to be..
I hate that Goblin master.. he is really bad at it.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

And now...

More loose change before we kick off with Sackless and a big cat. Team gave Sackless her wand which Sackless uses to reveal Marta as the dog she really is. Sorry Marta, but you are. into some tunnels with Reprobate the slimy sneaky moron. Reprobate pursues dungeoneer before Smirky introduces the first episode of can cook, will cook. Smirky goes to level 2 where Hordriss is having a test match with Grim Oldie. Hordriss is hit with a green fireball and asks for succour. That's help for anyone who's not sure. Clue room. Took silver and divining rod. Beardovision leads to a courtyard where the "twiggy thing" reveals a spyglass. Fear is frustrated while Lissard is sssmugnesss. Fear gives out the mandatory vital clues before we move to Trial by Spikes. Found gold and survived to meet Rothberry the dubious chemist and a depressed Grimwold. Bought a potion and summoned Hordriss with an oriental accent. I.E. "Marifat". Hordriss is revived! Rewarded with key before Time out in Beardovision. Majida worries. Then the men in white coats come to take her away.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to reviewing Barry's quest. Heh...
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Fishsta
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Fishsta »

Well, that was actually quite a good episode!

This team seems smart, very confident (especially the advisor in the middle, Diane, is it?) and genuinely seem to be enjoying their quest.

A few points though...

1) Smirkenorf... how many legs does a Dragon have? I ask because as Smirkenorf takes off, he lifts his legs up to push off, where technically he should fall over.

2) FIRE EXTINGUISHER! If only an advisor had spotted it and told the dungeoneer to take it! For those who didn't notice, it was bang-slap in the middle (after the room where they take the divining rod) in the eye-shield scene.

3) LOVED the expression on Diane's face when she says "Sidestep left", Nicola sidesteps right, and she says "That's your right", it was almost in the style of Chandler from Friends!

4) The clue wasn't very clear about the second object to take. I mean, the divining rod was an obvious choice, but the choice between silver and nightsight was tough, although my instant reaction was to leave the silver behind. Let the records show that it was the blonde advisor who said "I think the silver will be more useful." Our survey said.... uh errrrr!
Fishsta
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Fishsta »

I knew there was something else....

The trial by spikes... shouldn't they have gone to the side before they went forward? Technically, it would have been possible to complete the puzzle without knowing the combination if the spikes are going to pop up as you pass over the correct square. Also technically, it would mean they stood on about 15 incorrect squares in the process. OK, it would have been evil to kill them as soon as they went forward, but Treguard, seeing as he interrupts so much anyway, could easily have let them know that they should find the right square first.