Worst series?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

Which is the worst series?

eries 1
No votes
eries 2
No votes
eries 3
9%
eries 4
36%
eries 5
18%
eries 6
9%
eries 7
18%
eries 8
9%

Total votes: 11

Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Worst Series of Knightmare?

Post by Skarkill »

Series 7,6,3.

In that order for me.

Series 4 is the worst.

Serries 5 is marginaly better, thanks to better characters.

Series 8 I don't realy have an oppinion on, I think it's parts were better then its whole.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Series 4 was my worst series. I did like the last level because it had some of the hardest obstacles ever seen on Knightmare like the Block N Tackle. I think Level 1 is what lets this series down because the first section is just very very slow and repetitive.
Series 5 has to be my other worst series. It only beats Series 4 because it had more variety but it had a very poor lineup of obstacles and puzzles and teams were let off when it came to the questions, etc.

My Favourite series are 6, 7 & 8 because i think the characters are much more interesting as well as the creepy music in rooms and Dwarf Tunnels. Series 7 & 8, also had much better puzzles like Play Your Cards Right, etc.
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

have to agree with 4 and 5, but that doesn't mean they were bad... in fact 4 and 5 are very good. but not as good. it was the over use if the eye shield and the boring level one in both, Season 4 also was very repetitive.

But they both had some very good moments, they might be more difficult that season 6 was, which made things a bit more exciting... or that season 4 and 5 had worse team players ? Anyway season 5 great causeway was better then 6,
I would 4, slow and repetitive.

However season 3 the best? i think not, not much happens.. i would rate 2 better then 3.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Mephisto wrote: have to agree with 4 and 5, but that doesn't mean they were bad... in fact 4 and 5 are very good. but not as good. it was the over use if the eye shield and the boring level one in both, Season 4 also was very repetitive.

But they both had some very good moments, they might be more difficult that season 6 was, which made things a bit more exciting... or that season 4 and 5 had worse team players ? Anyway season 5 great causeway was better then 6,
I would 4, slow and repetitive.

However season 3 the best? i think not, not much happens.. i would rate 2 better then 3.
Series 3 was good but series four must hold a record for most people reaching level three. Also in one episode there was a Spyglass in one of the question rooms but was not lifted up.

Five was good but slow as you say. Six was ok but not keen on Sidress.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

spyglass in season 4? i don't remember seeing that lol

Well season 6... we had 4 make it to level 3, two died, one won and another in the last episode. but season 4 must have had the most.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

For a fansite it is certainly odd to find people discussing what is BAD about Knightmare, does not make a great deal of sense to me....

Anyhow, I thought each and every season had it's own magic...With S3 *just* nipping ahead of the others, as seems to be the general concencus around here.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

It is a good thing that we can say there were bad things about our favourite TV show. It shows we are not narrowminded little fanboys/girls/goblins/dragons/Americans. :)
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Careful, there's an American here now! ;) (Oh, it ain't me, y'all hear?)

Series 5 looks the worst (sadly, possibly the one with the most Amiga-graphics-influenced too), with the grimy looking backgrounds (series 6 uses the same to much better effect), and has some very poor teams.

Series 4 is possibly juuuuust the worst overall because the eye-shield sequences were slow and repetitive. At least in 5 they used different ones and it was a bit redder. The whole thing was so linear and rarely more than 2 rooms in a quest were *that* challenging...

Mind you, both had Brother Mace...but since 5 had Sir Hugh De Witless and Julius Scaramonger and a certain Lord fear and Skarkill, 4 is therefore the worst.

Or I could be diplomatic and say series 1 was the worst because it only had 8 episodes, but then I haven't seen it...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
sda
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sda »

Probably series 7, because of Majida totally spoiling things!
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

Oh dear God sda. Hstorm will be here any second now....expect a damn good smiteing for saying that.

I'd offer you a spell for your protection but frankly, fancying Majida myself, you don't deserve one after that.
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*Smiles calmly, then shoots SDA through the lungs for insulting Majida. Then shoots SJ through the balls for lusting after Majida.*

She's mine, damn you both! Mine! Do you hear me? MI-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-NE!!!!!!!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

You're welcome to her.

I have Melis these days. Mid you, What exactly did u shoot me with? Nothing too damaging I hope, she won't be impressed!
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Er, well... an elastic band to be honest, :-[ But I bet it'll be sore for a few days,
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

That's alright then. The pain will subside. Seen anything of Melisandrinoff recently? The castle is getting quite cold and lonely without her.
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

err... I think that series 4 was one of the worst, as it was a shock after series 3 being so good.

On the other hand, allthough I would never say a bad word about the show itself, I personally think that series 5 was terrible in most ways. The graphics were abserlutely crap, and I mean crap. There was nothing good about the scenes, exept for the rare settings of the coridoor of blades. The eye shield sequences in series 5 were awful too. Somehow, they improved a great deal for series 6. I also don't know how you can call some of the S5 characters good. I can't help but cringe when I see series 5, because I think about anyone who is switching on for the first time ever, to see what Knightmare is like. if you were seeing Knightmare for the very first time, and it was series 5, how inclined would you be to tune back in?

My favourite was series 3 (obviously! ;D)... But I really want to see series 1 and 2, because although I have never seen much of them, the screenshots look really good, and lets be honest, series 1 2 and 3 are the only 'pure series'... the way Tim Child first dreamt it up.