Re:Billy's Picky Website Corrections...and other people's, too!

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: Jason/Craig photo

Post by Illusion »

Thanks for pointing that out.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: A few little errors

Post by Fidjit »

Team 12, Series 3, "Use it quickly, use it once..."

That was meant to be, "Use it wisely and use it once..."

That was when Chris and co. got the FLIGHT spell...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Jason/Craig photo

Post by JamesA »

TEAM 7 not Team 5 Illusion

D'oh!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Billy
Knight
Knight

Billy's Picky Website Corrections...and other people's, too!

Post by Billy »

I've gone through the recently returned site seeing if I could spot any errors, and here are the ones I've found. I'm not saying 'This website is rubbish because...', I just thought I'd put them on this thread in the hope Illusion might correct them in a future update. I'll add new ones to this post if I find them, the newest ones will be in bold. And if there any any ones I've got completely wrong, feel free to correct me!

Front Page: "An interview by Kieran with the player of Gumboil, Wall Monster and the Automatum" Since Guy Standeven played the other two Series 2 Wall monsters, Edmund Dehn must have played Igneous.

Series page: "Series 7 transmitted from Friday 10th September 1992." It was 1993. And "It was transmitted from Friday 9th September 1992 followed by a short series of Virtually Impossible" It was 1994. And "(formerly Broasword)" Broadsword (forgot the D).

Series 1 Page 2: "Another feature which was unique to series 1 was the music used for the dying moments of the life force. A rather creepy piece of music was used in this one, without any chimes as in the later series." It was only used in Team 1's death, the chimes were used on all other deaths from then on.

Series 1 Page 11: "Into round 2 and Cedric's second insult was "ooh nasty"," It wasn't, that was Treguard's reaction to it.

Series 2 main page: "Gumboil and The Automaton was played by Edmund Dehn" See Front Page.

Series 2 Level 1: "Perhaps that explains why Granitas was only used in the first few episodes!" He made another appearance near the end of Series 2. And "This only appeared a couple of times in this series." It only appeared once, as says Series 2: Teams Page 2 (I thought it was once too).

Series 2: Teams Page 1: "Met a Gargoyle, "D'oh, D'oh, D'oh..."," He was saying 'Doom, Doom, Doom..." as confirmed by the book 'Knightmare: Can you beat the Challenge?'.

Series 4: Winners: "These are for you, they are not valuables, merely momentous," It's 'mementos'.

Series 5: Level 1: "Very occasionally Brother Mace was the boatman!" Only once.

Series 5: Teams Page 2: "In May 2002, Ciarán (one of the advisors in this team) signed the Guestbook:" It was August 2003.

Series 7 main page: "I new it" Knew (forgot the K).

Series 7: Teams Page 2: "Starts singing:
"10 great goblins sitting on a wall!"" It was '10 dead goblins sitting on a wall!".

Childrens ITV page: "The competition involved watching out for letters appearing throughout a Knightmare episode, making up a word (like the 1989 competition)." The letters were 'NAMEHERBLADE' (as confirmed by the Challenge repeats).

Childrens ITV 1991: "Knightmare was the only programme of the afternoon, due to ITV's live World Cup rugby coverage" Since Tommy Boyd references England beating the USA, a quick google search tied the date of this to 11th October, meaning Tommy is introducing Episode 6, Series 5 of Knightmare. And: "Tommy always recommended that the best way to watch Knightmare was to draw the curtains, make it nice and dark and turn up the volume on the TV!" This clip is from Episode 2, Series 5 of Knightmare: this appears to be the first time Tommy mentioned the whole 'draw the curtains' thing, (he didn't in episode 1) and he mentions Foghorn Leghorn is on afterwards, which did indeed follow Episode 2 in 1991.

Knightmare on Childrens ITV clips page: "followed by Tommy Boyd introducing the only programme of the day - KNIGHTMARE (because of the rugby)." See above. And: "Tommy always recommended that the best way to watch Knightmare was to draw the curtains, make it nice and dark and turn up the volume on the TV!" Again, see above.

Introduction page: "Series 8 was a cake (or perhaps it was a pie or quiche!), of which slices would gradually disappear." According to Tim Child, it was a pie.

Series 8 main page: "an animated 'cake'? (there has been much debate over whether it could have been a pie, or even a quiche!)" and "The life force / energy status was changed again to an animated cake. When food was picked up, a semi-cake would be shown on screen animating into a full cake" Again, according to Tim Child, it was a pie.

Series 8: Level 2: "Notice the life force/energy level indicator cake changing as the food is placed in the Knapsack." Pie.

Links page: KM & Sonic, Richard Howse's webpage, Pooka Times, the sausagenet entry, the ClassicGaming link and Sidriss Starshine's webpage no longer appear to exist.

FAQ: "An official Knightmare site was launched in November 2000 by the angliatv.com web team, as part of their 'Anglia Gold; section. It can be found at angliatv.com/angliagold" Website has now unfortunately disappeared.

That's the lot for now!
Last edited by Billy on 14 Jul 2004, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Billy's Picky Website Corrections

Post by MoanaLiza »

BillyH wrote: Introduction page "Series 8 was a cake (or perhaps it was a pie or quiche!), of which slices would gradually disappear." According to Tim Child, it was a pie.

Series 8 main page "an animated 'cake'? (there has been much debate over whether it could have been a pie, or even a quiche!)" and "The life force / energy status was changed again to an animated cake. When food was picked up, a semi-cake would be shown on screen animating into a full cake" Again, according to Tim Child, it was a pie.
Ah ha so there you go GG so nah :P
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks Billy... much appreciated. Indeed the Series guides were written years ago now so bits and bobs need updating/correcting. Will correct those for the next update.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

When is the next website update, Illusion?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Oooh, I'm going to try and work on stuff this weekend, so maybe there'll be an update next week but not certain.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Nice work Billy, well spotted I'll admit I didn't see any of those when i looked. Hope we'll get the site update next week but if not there's no rush.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yeah, I'd usually nitpick like this, but it's best that we all do ;D

Pooka Times is down... for a while. It will be resurrected soon, though!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Indeed. If anyone finds any mistakes on the site, however small, please let me know, otherwise it will probably never be corrected!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Heh, I was somewhat happy when TC confirmed the 'pie' about the S8 life force, proves me right too, been saying it for a number of years now! :)

Nice notes, anyway, Billy. Time well spent!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Just to say that I've done most of these corrections now.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Great, thanks!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

He could be our website observator... :) Making sure it is in correct condition!