Knightmare VR Demonstrator [re-post]

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

{ Waits for the phone call... }

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I'm still awaiting further word on us poor skull-ses...Oo

I dunno - all those years of loyal service, and NOW he forgets us?

FS: Y'ello?
??: Uhh, is frank there?
FS: NO!!! Wrong number...again. Oo
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Re: Knightmare VR Demonstrator [re-post]

Post by beveryafraid »

A few comments on your comments.
There's no decision made about Hugo's contribution as to live action (real) or virtual.
What we are trying to build here is a demonstrator of a production system which can produce Knightmare programmes all over the world. And even Hugo can't be everywhere at once.
So in some cases he could attend in person - in others - he'd be present in-system.
Yes of course let us have ideas as to names of goblins.
And any other ideas you have for new monsters?
The system we have built is also capable of machinema - or machinima as the Americans term it. Google it and you'll get the picture.

best wishes

BVA
play the endgame and play only to win
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Thanks for the clarification, bva. I think the general consensus is that we'd love to see Hugo make a comeback in the British version of Km. Perhaps in our version he could appear in person and in the foreign versions he could appear in avatar form with a suitable foreign-language voiceover. (I think that might be what you're saying anyway, though I do note what you say about no decision having been made about his return.)

Regarding monsters, I can't think of any new ones but some of the old ones would certainly have a lot of new potential. Ariadne, Catacombites, scorpians, snakes etc. could do an awful lot more now considering that they could be actively controlled rather than appearing as passive pre-prepared footage.
Subject to change.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

All over the world?  Wow.  I had no idea.  That would be difficult even for the almighty Hugo.

I'd also like the monsters Malefact mentions to return, but I'd also love to see a type of gargoyle as a monster.  There was a great example of a gargoyle in the old Role-playing board game 'Hero Quest', a sort of moving statue if anyone remembers it.  
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I would like to see updated Skulls, to be honest, I missed them in the later series', and I believe they certainly added to a lot of scare factor for Season 3.

As for new ones...Well I'd quite like to see a new creation from Lord Fear, say a new kind of wall monster perhaps, nothing likc Brollachan, however!

Perhaps if a new 'race', like Mire Men, were implanted to the Dungeon...all controlled by Lord Fear....That would give the monster side of things a new look....
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Is there any arrangement as to what theme song you are using, if you're using one?

Is it going to be based on the usual themes of Knightmare?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I would guess that the music (along with titles etc.) won't be dealt with until nearer the time.
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Wow! I've heard the term 'machinema' before; very lush animation ~ so have had a look into it, and given the feature film 'Anna', it looks like this capability will certainly enhance the potential for the new series.

As for monsters: Well, as far as names for goblins go, when I've behind the bar, the Dutch lager, 'Grolsch' always makes me think of a K.M. goblin. Apart from that, it tastes foul, so something associated with that works a treat in my eyes.

I always thought that the DreadNaught was underused, appearing only in Series 7; the metal, brutal, imposing look always used to terrify me. Also, I'd love to see a large lizard or salamander; I think an animated system would make that look terrific.

I do hope the music keeps a similar theme: if anything, to show that while everything has moved on, this is still, fundamentally, Knightmare. Obviously this could be seen as relatively trivial at this stage.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Sorry to nitpick but the Dreadnought was in series 6.

I think the show's theme was composed by Ed Welch. I don't know whether he or Anglia (well, Granada now) would hold the copyright.
Subject to change.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The theme tune was composed by Tony Hatch, not Ed Welch.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Ah, my mistake. Sorry. I know that Ed Welch did the incidental music - I thought he was responsible for the theme, too.
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Sorry to nitpick but the Dreadnought was in series 6.
Did I say S7!?!? So I did. KaM should be shot.
Copyright, maybe ~ but then wouldn't there be minor royalties on reward? Is should be possible to work around it. Anyhow, surely just minor thoughts at this stage(?)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Repeat after me: KaM should not be shot. :)
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Ermm.. here goes,

after me: KaM should not be shot.
But that's unfair sir, because it implies that you would be. Let me serve punishment for getting the simple facts wrong. :)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare VR Demonstrator [re-post]

Post by MoanaLiza »

On the subject of us suggestion goblin names, have you come to a final decision on (other than monsters) characters, rooms, games, the whole layout yet? If not would you consider using some of our ideas if you liked any of them? Other than Treguard, would you consider bringing back other characters if you hadn't already done so because people want that/those character(s)back? What about knew characters, games, rooms, etc. that people have thought of ideas on, such as an underwater level (which someone thought of). Sorry if this has already been covered.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"