Grrr!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Grrr!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I seem to have ranted a lot recently about various things that annoyed me in Knightmare. So I thought I'd ask everyone about what you found the most annoying character/feature/change etc. (Yeh, I know it was an old forum topic, but it was hidden away somewhere from years ago where people visiting probably didn't see it.) :)

So what made you growl? What was boring, repetitive, badly acted, ill-conceived, plain silly, or whatever?

My own choice? Well, I promise not to rant this time. Just three words:

Casper the Key.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Grrr!

Post by Pooka »

Bumptious being far too big to be a Dwarf.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

um, apart from maybe it was to slow in places i dont know,  but then being young as i was i wanted eveything to be fast.

okay... lets see... That stupid cake of a life forse, hated that icon arrr,  also the end credits no need for that untill the quest is over..LOL
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

"That stupid cake of a life forse"

It was a PIE!  I have been saying this for 3 years!

Gah nobody listens.

Anyway, listen up, here is what I found..un-good (NOT bad).

I found some of the scenes in S5 a bit un-magical, as they had far too many plain rooms!

As for characters....I found....Elita annoying.  I know she was meant to be, but she was meant to be likeable-but-annoying, and to me she was plainly irritating.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Julius Scaramonger - miles from Rayner Bourton's much better and funnier Skarkill:

"LOVELY!"  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think it was a pie. The top looks too crusty to be a cake. :P
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Stephy24_7
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stephy24_7 »

On the subject of dragons.....................

I HATED it when Smirkenorff was sedentary and didn't fly. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! That was the whole point of him, to fly on him!

and

THE SNAPDRAGON in Series 8. It didn't DO anything. It was only there to show off the snazzy graphics which was NOT what I wanted! It never got close to killing a dungeoneer, even the slowest and dumbest, and I got to expect it, which meant it didn't even surprise me in the slightest.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr!
--Steph "I am Lord Mollusc - you are my slave! !(don't ask)" --
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Well considering the snapdragon was mainly located in level 1 it's hardly surprising....  ;)
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Since the snapdragon was around the tunnels, I hope it had a proverb ready. ;)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I wouldn't have liked to have seen what Brother Strange would have done to it if it didn't have one  ;D
James Aukett
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Things I didn't like: Level 1 in Series 8. Sure it was dank and dark, but it all pretty much the same. The first 3 series had dank, dark chambers without being virtually identical, and most of them had character!

Certain Dungeoneers. I swear, a couple of Dungeoneers were just walking puppets, relying on their advisors to do absolutely everything! I mean, obviously they're going to have to completely rely on the advisors for visual obstacles and directions. But there were a couple whose response to such brain-testing questions such as "What are you questing for?", "Do you have any gold to pay me?" or "What is your name?" was to ask their advisors what to say. Grrr...
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I can remember your rants on a certain Series 2 Team 7 very well, Mr Ark....  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I wouldn't have liked to have seen what Brother Strange would have done to it if it didn't have one  ;D
Bored it to death with proverbs, I expect. His lack of personality should surely have warranted an "Extreme Caution Team! This creature is sapping Thingyon's life force at an alarming rate" warning from Treguard. Except by then all they had to show this was a cake- sorry, a PIE.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I suppose it would have been interesting to see what would have happened to this pie if a dungeoneer was bored to death

"Ooooh nasty...."
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Perhaps Brother Mace would have made a special guest reappearance to eat the final piece in slow motion. And the cherry. (At least it looks like a cherry. And I guess that's what causes a lot of the pie/cake confusion.) ;)