Labyrinthe

The French Knightmare spin-off.
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Labyrinthe

Post by PKB »

Hi.

Long time Knightmare fan, first time posting on the forum.  Just wanted to say thank you for posting up a video of Labyrinthe, the French Knightmare series.  I found it very interesting.

Each quest is only the length of an episode and there are no levels or Opposition.  The questions are based on general knowledge and there are prizes at the end.  While it was great to see a "Knightmare" episode again, it was not Knightmare and I much prefer Knightmare as we knew it.

But thank you again for posting it, I did enjoy seeing it.  Any change of posting some full episodes of our Knightmare in the future?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Labyrinthe

Post by HStorm »

(Welcome aboard, by the way.)

Oh dear, this is becoming the archetypal TTWND (Topic That Would Not Die). Only last week there was a blazing row on the general board about using the forum to trade tapes of Knightmare episodes, which is an absolute no-no, and the same pretty much applies to this, I'm afraid.

For the forseeable future NO episodes will ever be made available to download on Illusion's site, for reasons he's explained in the FAQ there (please, please go and read it! It could save you some grief).

There is a site that has season four episodes available to download, and the URL's on a post somewhere else on the forum, can't remember where. Er... but I should stress that I'm telling you only for information's sake, I'm not encouraging you to follow it up.

*HStorm's lawyer sighs with relief and mops brow.*
Last edited by Illusion on 08 Jan 2004, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Hi Hstorm.

I understand where you are coming from and appreciate the answer.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that Knightmare gets the DVD release it deserves.  Thanks anyway for posting the Labyrinthe episode, I did enjoy it.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

You should be thanking Illusion, actually, not me!

But yes, fingers, toes, arms, legs, and any other spare body parts of reasonable articulate flexibility crossed for the DVD.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks anyway for posting the Labyrinthe episode, I did enjoy it.
No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Who knows but we may even see a clip of another foreign Knightmare in the next update.  ;D ;D ;D

Although I posted a full episode, it is mainly a one off since hardly anyone has seen the french Knightmare and it is very difficult to obtain on tape or be seen on TV nowadays.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I don't believe the French version has EVER been repeated on television, either here or in France, if I am not mistaken?

Certainly shows how rare it is, nice new years treat.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It was great!

I also noticed that the rooms in the British version had been altered slightly... And the block and tackle was featured too

Knice.  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

As well as the Cavern of Fire  :)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I don't believe the French version has EVER been repeated on television, either here or in France, if I am not mistaken?
I'm not sure, but I think it has. The episode I uploaded was recorded from TV by someone, and it was not from the original broadcast as subtitles were added. I don't know what channel it was shown on but it must have been a French analogue satellite channel which could be picked up over here. I'll see if I can find more details.
Last edited by Illusion on 09 Jan 2004, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Who knows but we may even see a clip of another foreign Knightmare in the next update.  ;D ;D ;D
That sounds... intriguing. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Very, very exciting!  ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Seems very good.  Looks like we're getting some vert tastey updates for this 5th anniversay year witht eh amount of things going on at the moment.  :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'