Interview with Edmund Dehn

Questions for the cast and crew of Knightmare
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Interview with Edmund Dehn

Post by Kieran »

Hello everyone.  I have been granted a text interview with Edmund Dehn from Knightmare, season 1 and 2 as 'Gumboil' and the 'Automaton'.  This is where you lot can give him questions to answer, and I will pick some from the forum at random.

I will be sending the questions off to him on the 12th January, so if you want to ask him a Q, please do so before then :)

This is a grand oppotunity to have a chat with someone who was there from the very first episode.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Interview with Edmund Dehn

Post by JamesA »

Cool!  8) You can probably ask him why the Automaton was virtually unseen in the first half of Series 2 yet was seem in every team's quest but one from Team 8
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

who do we send the questions to?
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Smashing news Kieran. Sorry I wasn't around to hear it first hand. Hope I catch you around soon.

Ok, question I'd like to ask is: in hindsight, with freedom of choice, would he have preferred starring in other series rather than the earliest? ~ Obviously I know that being there from the start holds something special, but not to be involved in the amazing season 3, or to arrive on the scene later, for S6 and 7; just wonder if Edmund has ever envisaged himself within a dungeon when he was no longer a cast member of KM.

And I know this is a long shot, but with you mentionning text interviews - do you still have ours from the KMVB last summer when the site was taken down? Cheers sir; catch you soon.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Could you ask him whether it was frustrating playing the Automatum, what with not being able to speak or move freely in the role?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Smashing news Kieran. Sorry I wasn't around to hear it first hand. Hope I catch you around soon.

Ok, question I'd like to ask is: in hindsight, with freedom of choice, would he have preferred starring in other series rather than the earliest? ~ Obviously I know that being there from the start holds something special, but not to be involved in the amazing season 3, or to arrive on the scene later, for S6 and 7; just wonder if Edmund has ever envisaged himself within a dungeon when he was no longer a cast member of KM.

And I know this is a long shot, but with you mentionning text interviews - do you still have ours from the KMVB last summer when the site was taken down? Cheers sir; catch you soon.

No worries sir.  I am not sure if he actually watched KM after he left, but I guess that is another thing to find out.

As for the KMVB interview, it is still on my PC somewhere, I'll probably have to dig it out of the MSN logs which could take time.  But I'll do my best.

King_Gazz: As you can see, just post them here.

Thanks to everyone else who have placed suggestions thus far.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Well done on securing the interview.

How about: How do you feel about the current strength of the Knightmare fan community?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

A question to ask: Have you (Edmund Dehn) kept any details of any one scene that you have been in (what you were told you would have done/said based on what the dungeoneer does). I would be interested on how that would have worked.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Is their any scene, incident, quest (involving the Automaton/Gumboil) that sticks that you can remember and why (i.e. made you laugh, a silly reason, just memorable, etc.). Stupid question though as I can't remember back to when S3 was shown on Challenge last but did Edmund Dehn play the Automaton in s3 or was the S3 Automaton played by someone else as I can't remember?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The Automatum was S2 only.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Okay I'm getting the Automatum confused with the Knight from s3 (the one that Velda shot at and the one that Martin said 'boo' to) and I don't know why. I don't think I every seen s2 & 3 though so I don't know why I thought that the Automaton was in series 3!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions etc, the questions have now gone off to him.  Look out for it folks  :)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

MAAAH! I missedit cos I was doing essays!

*cries pitifully*
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*Hugs. Gives Emii the prestigious HStorm pat-on-the-head-and-nice-hot-cup-of-sweet-tea-to-make-her-feel-better award.*

*Oh yes, and some choccies.*
Last edited by HStorm on 14 Jan 2004, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I never seen the Automation, leave alone series one and two!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/