Yes, repeats...

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: S4?

Post by MoanaLiza »

The answer is from the Challenge forum under the thread 'Knightmare Questions Page' Under the programmes section of the forum
Not until December at the earliest, more likely the new year.
as quoted by James P on 30 September 2003 at 22:23. So it looks like no more Knightmare until s5 then!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, thanks for finding that out. With it only being shown 3 times a week, it may still mean that the other two series will follow immediately after Series 5. :D
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 02 Oct 2003, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

2 weeks on monday til Series 5  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I can't see them repeating s3 too many more times though. I think that it will be similar to when s3 & 4 were being shown. We started off with s3 (which was shown what was it? Twice) then we evetually got s4 which they showed then s3 again then s4 again then s3 again (I've lost track now though) and we now have s5. S5 will be shown then s4 then I recon s5 again than s4 again. s3 might be shown again. I believe that during the s4 and s5 showings another series (more than likely s6) will possibly be purchased, but that's what I believe though!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

I think Challenge will wait til Series 5 has been shown twice and they can analyse viewing figures before going ahead with another purchase. That only seems logical bearing in mind what has been said on the forum, and with the knowledge that Challenge doesnt have an infinite budget...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Challenge seem to spend there budget an American imports.   they can't come cheap?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I understand Challenge? still have rights to show both S3 and S4 at least 1 more time, so regardless of S5 viewing figures, it will be on again in the near future.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Of course, I think their best option is to buy back some of the other series. I guess there'll be good viewing figures for the S5 repeats (I'm not sure how to find a way to view it here at Uni, but I'll try!) but I reckon people'll grow tired of watching S3 and 4 YET AGAIN.
I'm sure they'll show them, since they still have the rights, but here's hoping they buy S6 (or something) and keep us all happy!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 gets another showing on Challenge

Post by Porsmond »

Looks like Series 4 is going to get another showing on Challenge in the new year, no word on weather Series 3 will get repeated again though, This has just come in from JamesP on the Challenge Forums
Knightmare series 4 is showing in January at the weekends (starting 10th Jan) 8:30am, repeated at 3am the next morning.
Very dodgy times I know, Bit of a shame really but maybe it will intrest some people who are eager to watch Series 4 again and need to record any episodes.

Illusion - You may wanna put this in the news section on the main page
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 4 gets another showing on Challenge

Post by MoanaLiza »

I would say yay but the knews doesn't really have an effect for me for two reasons. 1. I don't do 8.30am and I certainly don't do 3am (:o what sort of time is that I ask). 2. I very much doubt that I'll even have Challenge then (unless Challenge for some reason which I doubt start broadcasting on Freeview). My dad said today that if he remembers and has time he will phone Sky and ask them to cancel his subscription from the next payment date :'(. Hopefully I'll still be able to catch the rest of this s5 showing though, I hope!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

So, would that mean S5 episode 16 would be on the 7th of Janurary, or the 9th? I ask because I haven't got that episode on video (so I haven't seen it yet, being at Uni...I was not best pleased when I found out).

Don't tell me what happens! I haven't seen that episode for 12 years!
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, it's good news for me, at least! I was too late to catch series 4 on Challenge earlier this year. :)
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think if I remember correctly that ep 15 and 16 are on the same day as a double bill from 7-8pm. I can't remember the exact date though!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

That would make sense, seeing as Gamesmaster finishes sooner than KM, and showing 1 ep of KM the next week may be confusing to people called Scott.

Must...get....complete...archive....for no particular reason other than I can see them again when the new KM comes on in 2085.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

According to the Challenge schedules, there is a double bill Weds 7-8pm/Thursday 1.15-2.15am and Thurs 7-8pm/Friday 1.30-2.30am. There is no Knightmare Friday evening. There is also a Takeshi Special double bill on Friday from 6-8pm. Thursday evening will also be the last time I will be able to watch Knightmare on Challenge before Sky cut us off on the 21st, just in time for Christmas :(.