An Idea

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

An Idea

Post by seanyboy »

Has anybody got the complete series of knightmare? if you have would you consider making them into vcd then selling them on ebay or something? then a small amount of the profits could be donated to the timegate project? you could fit 2 episodes onto one standard cd and charge around £2 per cd. give it a thought! it might work! what do you guys think?
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: An Idea

Post by King_Gazz »

yes i think that is a good idea 1 problem though I do not have the equipment to do it and i think u need a liecence 2 do it
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by seanyboy »

true but ebay works on a private 1 to 1 basis and i think the demand would push for a proper dvd release
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by seanyboy »

equipment required.............

pc with tv card

power vcr software

vcr recorder plugged into tv card

i got the kit but no episodes!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

It's illegal. You are NOT allowed to sell ANY copies of Knightmare whether on videotape, CD or DVD. There used to be a group of traders working to provide people with KM but that had to be stopped when copyright issues arised after somebody tried to sell episodes of Knightmare on Ebay for £40 each, or something along those lines.
It was all very upsetting for Knightmare fans, frightening for the traders and a lot of hassle for Tim Child who, unfortunately, had to be involved to help pass on the message, so however good the intentions are it really isn't advisable   :(
Last edited by Emii on 08 Dec 2003, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by seanyboy »

ok then i didnt know bout tht case lol
has any1 ever seen a dvd range called cult classics or cult selection? titles such as rainbow are made in this series. how about finding out the publishers info and posting them the petition for the dvd release as most of the titles previously were on citv.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Now that IS a good idea - we've put a petition forwards to one group that produces DVDs...was it this group or another and we could approach these as a second attempt?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

It's illegal. You are NOT allowed to sell ANY copies of Knightmare whether on videotape, CD or DVD. There used to be a group of traders working to provide people with KM but that had to be stopped when copyright issues arised after somebody tried to sell episodes of Knightmare on Ebay for £40 each, or something along those lines.
It was all very upsetting for Knightmare fans, frightening for the traders and a lot of hassle for Tim Child who, unfortunately, had to be involved to help pass on the message, so however good the intentions are it really isn't advisable   :(
Ah... hadn't appreciated that.

Guess that means I'm stuck with my sh*tty copy of Season 1... :(
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Don't worry - if your series 1 copy is an original broadcasting and has a few of the old adverts inbetween its all good :D a snippet of the TV past, if you like - as it was! I'm sure they'll show series 1 again at some point :)
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Going 'Lo-Fi' on a classic?

Now there's an interesting double whammy!   ;D
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well I got to say that if it will damage the DVD campaign I am against doing it, My uncle made copied discs and he gave them to some mates and he got arrested for it. Bad news for him, loss of job, a massive fine and computer confiscated knot knice  :(
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

???

Agreed on both counts.... (Please don't read me wrong earlier)

not nice at all  :o  .

AJK
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Don't worry - if your series 1 copy is an original broadcasting and has a few of the old adverts inbetween its all good :D a snippet of the TV past, if you like - as it was! I'm sure they'll show series 1 again at some point :)

Sadly not... it was a sh*te copy I got from one of the traders a couple of years back. It's almost entirely in balck & white, the sound quality's mostly terrible (don't even try listening to what the Wall Monsters are saying), and it's generally lacking in quality on the whole.

Oh well... guess just having a copy of it should be enough to be grateful for...
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

You got a helluvalot more than most of us...

I just keep praying Challenge will eventually be able to give us the whole set  ::) .

AJK
seanyboy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by seanyboy »

ok just found the name of the producers of them dvd sets i was on about....they are called  freemantle media and are linked with thames production...........
also sometimes challenge play 3/4 hrs back to back of takeshi castle.......maybe a request for knightmare to be played series by series could be put forward and to be played at an off peak time (i.e. 11pm onwards) coz lets face it i think they are over killing takeshi as i have seen episodes repeated several times within a month and its getting quite lame.
just before the xmas cult thing they had going last yr i made several emails to challenge requesting knightmare and i always got writen responses that my comments will be noted (which is bull*hit lol) but hey if we all get together and bug them a bit i think something may come of it!