Series 5 - Episode 16

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 - Episode 16

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

For the last time this season, here we go. Last episode of the season, so expect some drama, a few knicely written lines and aliens abducting Treguard and Pickle to test if the KM inhabitants are strong enough to resist an invasion and use as a food source for their alien chums back home. Oh well, maybe not the aliens bit.

All comments welcome, including after the 10am showing. If you're reading this thread about Episode 16 and don't want to know anything about Episode 16 because you've not seen it yet, best to look away now.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to these threads over the past few weeks. It's been both interesting and a lot of fun to read all your comments.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Re: Series 5 Episode 16 (Mon. 24th)

Post by Lord_Bob »

It's a real shame that it's all over so soon. I am going to miss these ep by ep reviews. God knows how long it will take Challenge! to get their act together and buy another series. Still its been fun and I will post my episode comments after 7
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

(bit offtopic, will delete/move if requested)

Whilst today is indeed the last episode of Series 5 and there's no more Knightmare this week, Digiguide tells me that there IS an episode at 7pm on Monday (not 10am, though).  Anyone know which series this is?
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

Lets see how they do with the questions, they do fine (question was really easy).  

They got rid of the blocker and are on there way to Level 2.  But theres a floor puzzle in the way ha ha ha :-/  Im guessing its Helmet - Sheild - Helmet - Shield etc which is what they are doing.  

Theyve met Sly Hands and that witless knight bloke.  Slys trying to convice witless that he is the dungeoneer.  He resuced Sly LOL

Ah a gatekeeper in front of a descender.  The Hobgoblin has turned up, its just a overgrown goblin and looks lame but never mind its gone now.  They are giving the guard the arrow.

They're havin trouble gettin on Smirkys saddle lol and theyve got to tell him when to land.  Theyve landed at the Level 2 castle :D

So far so good.  They're on level 2 without too much trouble, but things are bound to get much harder. :'(

Theyve met Hordriss and he's looking for some fire that freezes, dont know what he's going to do for them but theyve accepted the offer.

Ok so what are they going to take with them form the table?  Theres a scroll which tells them something that had me belive they should take the book so they took the gold and the book.

Ah heres the blue fire Hordriss wanted, also a spy glass.  Ooooooh the opposition want to freeze the dungeons including the dungeoneer.  Ok they're going to charge up the staff and call Hordriss and they are going to take the short cut out of the dungeons.

Now some witty banter between Lord Fear and Treguard LOL.

Well thats the end of the series and a cold end for Lord Fear.  The room thats in the credits, dont recall seeing it before.  At least someone won this series.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

(bit offtopic, will delete/move if requested)

Whilst today is indeed the last episode of Series 5 and there's no more Knightmare this week, Digiguide tells me that there IS an episode at 7pm on Monday (not 10am, though).  Anyone know which series this is?
I presume you mean next Monday. Don't forget there's one showing today (Monday) at 7pm. I hope your computer is not like mine, which had the date as 23rd November 2003 and I only just noticed it. My bet though that if there is a showing next week is that it's s4 or even s3 but most likely s4, but then Challenge have the odd habit of putting rogue showing in their guides which appear to dissappear or not be shown which could be the case. I will investigate though *gets magnifying glass and turns into private eye*.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 24 Nov 2003, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

My guess is that Challenge are repeating Series 5 next, since JamesP said it would be shown again in December, and answered a question about when a certain Series 5 episode would be repeated with December 17th. Oh, that happens to be a certain bald wizard- hag composite's birthday, too.

Good episode today, I thought. The Team were one of the better ones this season, despite a few little mix-ups between "left" and "right". One of the best Causeway attempts this year, in my opinion, since they kept it simple, just sidestepping and walking forward- none of this "Turn a little bit to your left- no a bit more. No, that's too much, turn a bit back to your right!" stuff. They also all contribute something, they're more balanced than many other teams this year, with no one member dominating their team through talking all the time, or by default (because the others said nothing). Thus a pity this team didn't get the chance at a full quest, whereas some others were indulged for perhaps too long.

Aesandre was really hammy again, although the end of season storyline itself wasn't too bad- not so complicated that it took several episodes and interfered with a lot of gameplay, but something a bit different. And anything was better than that Series 4 Christmas scene with Merlin! Involving Hordriss was nice, and Lord Fear getting frozen was well done. A lot of knice lines for the regulars, and a good advert for the next season. Good stuff.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

The team that were playing when the end came were quite good, Shame we didnt really see Skarkill or Julius Scaramonger in the last episode. Hordriss and Lord Fear were really good in this episode. End of season story was good but not too long or just a quick whisk out of the dungeon like S4. Shame S5 is over so quickly, so many poor dungeoneers made it to Lvl 2. If it was S3.....
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Well just you wait until Lord Fear encounters a thousand-ton barbecued red dragon or a ten foot high troll....  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

We got to see a quick glimpse of Tiny until he got zapped. I wonder if Skarkill was mad with Mr Gatekeeper for that. Looks like he'll have to get a new Hobgoblin next season. At the end of the Causeway, I thought that the last symballed hexigon that Kelly was standing on was going to callapse while she was on it as she almost didn't get off it on time. It appeared to move to me.

The classic clue room with WFS towards the end. . Spyglass scene in room with blue fire. Funny seeing LF with Icecyles at the end, so Aesandre still froze Mt. Fear after being told not to.

Smirky appearing at the end of the credits.

(Yes I know it don't all make a lot of sense.)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

That Hobgoblain was deffinatly not the Tiny of latter series (Certainly not 7 & 8 ) that Tiny is NOT only Tall BUT brourd as well.

Anyway WERE THE HELL WAS SKARKILL & SCARAMONGER.

Last episoed of the series and 2 of the classic characters of this period are no were to be found.

Oh well at least the Sylvester "Sly" Hands that we all know is starting to deffine him self from Motley.

And we got a last look at Sir Hugh De Witless (pity he didn't return)

Thank god Aesandre gone now (all though I'll miss Gwendolin) also The Gatekeeper is gone but agine we lose another good character in Brother Mace DAM.

I would say We lost a crapy charater in Pixle but kept a good one in Elite BUT unfortunatly I'm not that bigger fibber

"Hehehe LOVELY"

The ending was good with Lord F getting frozen, not as good as the next ending with RED DEATH "The Red Dragon or the one after with BULSTROED "The King Of Trolls" but still memorable.

I have a feeling the room showed in the end credits appers in the next series but I don't whant to swear to it.

Oh well thats enough meninglass rambalings for one day.

"I gots to go an figuer out how in the Underworld I'm going to get Tiny Back from the depths of the dungeon were that Rudy Gatekeeper sent IM."

"GRIPPAR, RHARK GET A SHOVAL"

Last edited by Skarkill on 25 Nov 2003, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I don't think that room during the credits ever did appear in Knightmare. It looks like an overgrown version of Bingo. Still, nice to see Smirkenorff right at the end.
(And yes, I know it's late. But I can't sleep.)
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

YOU ARE MOGDRED!
You are the king of evil, the baron of bad, and thewarlock of wicked. You have more power than anybaddie in the entire dungeon, and a fantasticcackle. In a nutshell, you are the ruler ofall. I salute you!
What early series Knightmare baddie are you? brought to you by Quizilla

Nice Little Test Billy H!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

It could have been the largest number causeway ever used ;) (You could see the floor falling away...) I dont think they included it because it would have been very difficult..

Back to the final team, they ventured well. I love a team that works together and had a brain in their heads. Gatekeeper finally did something more than threaten someone (yay :D) - I cant say i ever liked Aesandra, Morghanna, Malice or any other one-season wonder souceress. The ending was different, and a taster of things to come. All-in-all a good final episode, this team should have been on an earlier episode, then maybe we would have had 2 winning teams this series...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

I agree - good team, shame they didn't have the chance to get further. Though as is kinda expected with final teams, it did seem a little like things were geared towards them not being able to screw up whether they would have or not.

Plus it got one of my favourite Lord F lines - "Treguard you idiot... winning's not about playing fair, it's about winning!" :)

Skarkill - yes, it is a shame Skarkill didn't make an appearance at the end here... guess that's one reason why S6 can safely win out over S5! ;)
"Oh, this is very unlovely... it's got my other leg an' all!"
Last edited by Cull on 25 Nov 2003, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i liked this ep.
the last ones are always amuseing the the Lord fear vs Treguard stuff at the end was great.  At least they are reallt starting to build up hate for each other.

I never liked  Aesandre, thank god her powers where to good that she froze her self in the dungon and got lost during the time shift, at leats Lord fear wasnt in the dungon or he would have been lost for ever. And will have to call apon Mogdred to return.  may not be a bad thing.

Kinda dissapointed that Tiny didn't do alot.
And i guess this was the turing point for Hordiss becoming more on the powers that be.  manly due to his hatred for Lord Fear.   If Hordriss made it into Knightmare castle in any of the early seasons i doubt him and Treguard would last  5 minutes together.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery