The Goblins

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

The Goblins

Post by Purgatory »

How many times did a team die from a goblin?
i can remember once.. well goblin and their leader,

i can still hear those horns even today  :'(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Goblins

Post by JamesA »

Twice:
Series 3 Team 10
Series 5 Team 2

Both occasions were when the dungeoneer tried bribing to save themselves, but alas to no avail  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Twice:
Series 3 Team 10
Series 5 Team 2

Both occasions were when the dungeoneer tried bribing to save themselves, but alas to no avail  ;D
I can't believe people don't love Series 3 Team 10 as much as I do. I think their last scene is my favourite in the whole of Knightmare. I just think it's the funniest thing, and then there's the really creepy and vaguely disturbing death itself. Hugo M. is just fantastic: when the team get the dungeoneer to shout out "Who's there!" to the approaching goblins, then try and offer the little blighters "a present", I think I'd have just cracked up in his place. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And when, in response to their asking "Who's there?", Treguard says "I think it's goblins", I just crack up even more. I can't watch that scene without laughing. But when they actually die I always feel strangely guilty. It can't be a very pleasant death, being clubbed by the little critters.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Thank goodness they cut to the Life Force before the goblins actually did it  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Thank goodness they cut to the Life Force before the goblins actually did it  ;)
Yes, and Treguard seemed particularly protective with all the advice not to look. A real change to a his reaction to a few teams' demise, where he seems to almost delight in their undoing.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Yeah - not even "Ooooh...nasty...." was enough for this one - he had to really emphasize the horror with "Oh...oh that IS nasty!"
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

I loved the goblins
I Love Goblins
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Can u remember the name of their leader? in later eps? i remember he did killed a team off with his goblins,

I think the goblins shood be used more, or at least make the teams think their comeing might speed things up a bit :)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

The Goblin leader was called Skarkill!
I Love Goblins
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Scarkill rocked nuff said and yes that series 3 team 10 thing had me laughing as did team 2s death on series 5 I was laughing before he blew the horn as i had a feeling it was gonna be a  goblin horn lol.
(It was kinda obvious when he hinted he wanted gold that they had screwed up)

Hmm i remember in series 5 once i belive in one of the forest scenes a different Horn sounding off on one episode but we never saw what it was .......
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 07 Feb 2003, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I thought it was really funny when the Hobgoblin turned up in Hordriss' classroom...

Side note: (in case this hasn't come up already) Rayner Bourton, the actor who played Skarkill and Julius Scaramonger, was also in the original 1973 production of The Rocky Horror Show. He played Rocky. I'm not sure whether I should be disturbed or not...
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

How did they create the hobgoblin in series 3,5,6 and 8?
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Hobgoblin in Series 5 and 6? Don't remember that...
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I remember a hobgoblin in series 5 - it appeared at the Gate Tower once. I can't remember a series 6 appearance, but there was one in the background in the opening minute of series 8.
Subject to change.